Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Touring Discussion
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 05-31-2008, 01:08 AM
Known Associate

TXCHOP has failed to amuse us
Axle wrench

Well, got the new Georges garage axle wrench in the other day. It works perfect. It has a thin profile so it fits with my Legend air ride no problem. It is also a 12 point so the tq'ing is not problem at all. I do wish it was a bit longer as i have the fatcat and that hangs down a bit. No problems though, just used the tq wrench from the inside.

www.georges-garage.com

Here are a couple pics that compare the Georges garage version vs the pit posse and the stock harley tool kit version....

Old 05-31-2008, 01:49 AM
8-Ball

Perfect...!!!

Do you think George's wrench will work with the Progressive 440s? The PitPosse wrench would clear the shock boss.

Thanks.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:08 AM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
All right, they finally have one...

Maybe two...

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 05-31-2008, 05:02 PM
Excommunicated

LittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suck
Metric H-D.

Nice wrench. Looks like the way to go.
Old 05-31-2008, 05:23 PM
Known Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
Perfect...!!!

Do you think George's wrench will work with the Progressive 440s? The PitPosse wrench would clear the shock boss.

Thanks.
Touch call Mike as i have no bikes here with progressives at the moment. It clears with my legends where the posee one did not.

If you want some measurements, i could provide for you if it would help....
Old 05-31-2008, 05:32 PM
8-Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCHOP View Post
Touch call Mike as i have no bikes here with progressives at the moment. It clears with my legends where the posee one did not.

If you want some measurements, i could provide for you if it would help....
No hurry, but the O.D. on your lower shock bosses would give me some indication.... thanks.
Old 05-31-2008, 05:44 PM
Known Associate

Gotcha....will measure in a day or 2 when i get back to the shop and report back.

I know a pic wont help, but here is the shape of them

Old 05-31-2008, 07:01 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
I would not use a 12pnt wrench on a bolt torqued to 105 foot lbs. JMO.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:31 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBear View Post
Metric H-D.

Nice wrench. Looks like the way to go.

36 MM = 1 7/16"

Wood Too...

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 05-31-2008, 09:33 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
In addition to the 1/2 vs 3/8 drive hole being in a superior location, see below.
Well, everybody but Berserker, as he already knows better.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Why it works.jpg (39.1 KB, 23 views)

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:47 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
I am biggoted towards 12 pnt. The set on the bikes are 12, cause they can get at more angles. Other then that I just don't trust 12 pnt.