Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > TroubleHead Garage (Geno's Place)
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

TroubleHead Garage (Geno's Place) Evo's , Shovels, Pans, and anything else...

Old 12-28-2010, 08:19 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
They were weeping, I laid a steel rule across and they don't look even, I am going to try and make something up by drilling a hole in a board i don't want to spend the money for a one time use

Sent from my not iPhone
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 12-28-2010, 08:29 PM
Bard of the 43 Words

Last Cigar Smoked: 5 Vegas Miami
TimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kflhr View Post
for my evo?
...if you want them...
2003 FXD aka 'Wild Blue'
"Ask not what Doof Clenas can do for you, but what you can do for Doof Clenas." TimmyD (2006)

Old 12-28-2010, 08:31 PM
Under Construction

Last Cigar Smoked: Robert Burns Blackwatch, in the '70s
TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
They were weeping, I laid a steel rule across and they don't look even, I am going to try and make something up by drilling a hole in a board i don't want to spend the money for a one time use

Sent from my not iPhone
Know anyone who does tile work who could cut a hole in a piece of smooth porcelain tile? Or a hole in a piece of tempered glass. I don't think you'll get good results with wood as anything other than a stabilizer under something else.
Somewhat dilapidated, yet functional, Kubota L2500
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
'02 Wrangler X, 4" lift on 33 x 12.50s
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140
Felt Nine 50
Killin' more bees than Monsanto
Old 12-28-2010, 08:32 PM
grapenutless

y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I already bought pistons and rings and got my cylinders bored but thanks

Sent from my not iPhone
who's to blame in 2014?
Chitty Chitty

Old 12-28-2010, 09:22 PM
grapenutless

I probably can get a piece of tile and a tool to cut a hole in it, then attach some 400 grit to that

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonChief View Post
Know anyone who does tile work who could cut a hole in a piece of smooth porcelain tile? Or a hole in a piece of tempered glass. I don't think you'll get good results with wood as anything other than a stabilizer under something else.

Sent from my not iPhone
who's to blame in 2014?
Chitty Chitty

Old 12-28-2010, 09:41 PM
Executive Vice President
D.F.F.D

Last Cigar Smoked: Romeo y Julieta Churchill
BillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know

Old 12-28-2010, 10:34 PM
Under Construction

TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
400 seems a tad coarse to me. I would dye the base and use a fine grit at first to see how uneven things really are. If it turns out to not be too bad, a finer paper will leave you w/ a lot less cleanup to do. Of course, I was really thinking valve grinding compound.
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
Felt Nine 50
Old 12-28-2010, 10:44 PM
grapenutless

I have 400,600, and 2000 and valve compound, I was going to do exactly that, ink it up and see how bad it really is, without a true flat surface I am just guessing, I have fine 3m scour pads for my die grinder that seems like it would give it a nice finish, and I used it on the bottom of my rocker boxes with good results

Sent from my not iPhone
who's to blame in 2014?
Chitty Chitty

Old 12-28-2010, 10:52 PM
Under Construction

Quote:
I have 400,600, and 2000 and valve compound, I was going to do exactly that, ink it up and see how bad it really is, without a true flat surface I am just guessing, I have fine 3m scour pads for my die grinder that seems like it would give it a nice finish, and I used it on the bottom of my rocker boxes with good results

Sent from my not iPhone
Great minds.
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
Felt Nine 50
Old 12-28-2010, 11:18 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Instead of inking them up, how about some chalk.. Easier to clean up than the ink.

Kimber

Old 12-28-2010, 11:21 PM
grapenutless

I have a lot of sharpies....

Sent from vacation land
who's to blame in 2014?
Chitty Chitty

Old 12-29-2010, 05:28 PM
grapenutless

I got stuff done today, I took Talon Chief idea and ran with it because they didn't have any steel that was thick enough to be flat enough, bases are as true as I am going to get them, and certainly better than they were before. I fit one piston in one cylinder, smoked a cigar, and even got to eat lunch....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010039 (Large).jpg (74.1 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg P1010040 (Large).jpg (41.8 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg P1010041 (Large).jpg (72.4 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg P1010042 (Large).jpg (86.1 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg P1010043 (Large).jpg (72.6 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg P1010044 (Large).jpg (65.5 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg P1010045 (Large).jpg (51.7 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg P1010046 (Large).jpg (47.0 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg P1010047 (Large).jpg (57.5 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg P1010048 (Large).jpg (66.0 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg P1010049 (Large).jpg (53.9 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg P1010050 (Large).jpg (53.8 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg P1010051 (Large).jpg (38.5 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg P1010052 (Large).jpg (48.0 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg P1010053 (Large).jpg (63.0 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg P1010054 (Large).jpg (58.9 KB, 56 views)
who's to blame in 2014?
Chitty Chitty

Old 12-29-2010, 05:37 PM
Dirty Dirk, Canadian Doof

DAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milk
Very Nice, a little ingenuity can go a long ways - looks like your in the home stretch. Glad your rocker arms were good too... got a feeling your scooter will be filling the shop with noise before mine makes a grunt

Dirk
Old 12-29-2010, 05:43 PM
grapenutless

I only have a couple more days off to really have at it so it may be a while after this thursday??? the closer it get to being done the more nervous I get its just going to blow up or leak still......
who's to blame in 2014?
Chitty Chitty

Old 12-29-2010, 05:59 PM
Dirty Dirk, Canadian Doof

DAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milk
Keep the faith, I have found if I go step by step with No Shortcuts and hurry nothing, things always go well- your nervous, have you seen mine....

Dirk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02638.JPG (123.9 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02639.JPG (115.4 KB, 58 views)