Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Ask The Techs...
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Ask The Techs... This is the way it works. Post up your question in the appropriate Forum, then put a link to it here. We'll ask some very savvy folks to monitor the posts here and answer your question. If you are a Tech answering a question, please do it in the linked thread rather than here. In this way, we can build info in the appropriate Forum. Thanks.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:45 PM
BigAlsRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainlee View Post
check your kick stand. I had a bad spring once.
Had that on my FXDL...drove me nuts....then I hit a 2X4 while riding Purgatory Road and it took the spring out completely.......that's when I got the new one....
Old 10-02-2008, 07:58 PM
Zintaround

pa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suck
Mega might be on to something. They had a bad batch of motor mounts in 06. look from underneath and see if the rubber is torn.

This is a picture of an 06 RK mount.

Old 10-02-2008, 08:06 PM
Under Construction

Last Cigar Smoked: Robert Burns Blackwatch, in the '70s
TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
While we're on this subject, who's got the best price on velva-ride replacement mounts?
Somewhat dilapidated, yet functional, Kubota L2500
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
'02 Wrangler X, 4" lift on 33 x 12.50s
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140
Felt Nine 50
Killin' more bees than Monsanto
Old 10-02-2008, 08:08 PM
Swiss Guard

phreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suck
Checked the kickstand just now.

Spring is in place and phunctions. Rubber stopper on the phrame is in place and intact.

It's dark now and even with a phlashlight I can't get a good look at the mount.

I did notice that there appears to be some seepage around the derby cover. I can't guarantee that it's not spilt phluid phrom when I changed it last weekend, but given the phact that I live down a dirt road I would have to believe that old phluid when have collected plenty of dust by now, and this looked shiny & new.

I'm not hearing the clunk when I shift, just over certain bumps, so it doubt that's the source, but I will tighten the cover, and buy a new gasket.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
What's in the bottom of your saddlebags?

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 10-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Swiss Guard

phreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinero No Mas View Post
What's in the bottom of your saddlebags?
T-shirt sleeves.

The bike still clunks even without the bags on it. Hell, I bobbed my bobber and it still clunks & rattles!
Old 10-02-2008, 08:56 PM
captainlee

loose or broken shock ???
Old 10-02-2008, 08:59 PM
BigAlsRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainlee View Post
loose or broken shock ???
Hmmmmm...good one Lee.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:09 PM
captainlee

oh and on the kickstand , mine still worked but just didnt hold it up tight like it should have, and yes when I hit bumps I could hear it clunk and rattle.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:11 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Motor mount or shock. I guess you would know if it was the exhaust.

--Bob Dylan
Old 10-02-2008, 09:25 PM
Swiss Guard

Pretty certain it's not he exhaust. Can't rule out shocks either.

I'll have them look it over, and see what it is. Hope they can get to it, cause right now I don't pheel comfortable taking it through the twisties. Especially the sisters and 336 with the cattle guards.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:30 PM
gAZINTAs

Hodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sock
Hopefully they will find what is wrong and not give you they all do it biz.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:02 PM
Swiss Guard

I know my bike, it will be 3 years old in just over 3 weeks, this is a new clunk/rattle. Their not going to BS me with "they all do it"
Old 10-02-2008, 10:04 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

I'm still voting for motor mount. Especially after the speed bump comment.

--Bob Dylan
Old 10-05-2008, 01:23 AM
TC88

Wouldn't the motor twist a little from the torque if the motor mount was busted... Thats the way I use to check for a broken mount on my El Camino but maybe its different on a bike????