Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Doof Clenas > Doofapaloozas > West Coast Doofapalooza 2012 - Cortez, CO
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

West Coast Doofapalooza 2012 - Cortez, CO Let's try this again...

Old 06-16-2012, 08:00 AM
Birth Control PosterChild

Jackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milk
I blame Yolkum!

Old 06-16-2012, 08:08 AM
The other white meat

Last Cigar Smoked: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial
Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Yup, it's mostly Yolkum's fault

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[
Old 06-16-2012, 08:15 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSurly View Post
For the record,
...2.) The process is not broken; the steps taken to choose the hotel were all done as well as they could have been. There is no way that the anal-retentive nature of the manager could have been established over the phone. Best efforts were made and we were blindsided anyway. It just happens.
...4.) Only two days in, she left an ominous note putting us (as a group) on notice that we had used her good linen on our nasty bikes and restating the curfew, etc....

Well, thanks for the detailed info, all of ya's.
As to the above, the process is not working as it should. Broken may be strong, but it's at least got a squeak or two.

Fukcing CURFEW?!? That was the deal breaker with the first motel, the one where we had a "feet on the ground" local singing its praises and I got bad vibes from the owner on the phone. Y'all were supposed to have an area where you could go on like we like to do, late like we do. That was why I picked that place, after putting in a lot of time looking.

My apologies.

We'll give the process tweakage, together.

Oh, and the phone call from Connie was, like, tres awkward. Especially in light of what I now know.
Reckon she thought I'd give her a CC number on the spot to pay for the (ostensibly) unrented rooms or to use to tip the clueless housekeeping staff or something? No way she could be delusional enough to think I'd believe her over you'ns once everybody's reports trickled in.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:38 AM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
4.) Only two days in, she left an ominous note putting us (as a group) on notice that we had used her good linen on our nasty bikes and restating the curfew, etc.
So you're saying y'all didn't attain double secret probation status???????

Sorry all y'all had difficulties with the inn's proprietor and staff.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:44 AM
Under Construction

Last Cigar Smoked: Robert Burns Blackwatch, in the '70s
TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody218 View Post
Wonder what it is about Colorado and idiot motel managers? At the 2007 Doofapalooza in Salida, Roman the manager made a complete ass of himself.
I'm sitting here, in a hotel mind you, laughing my ass off just thinking about that. In my mind I can plainly see and hear Harris loudly suggesting we all take the time to use the "good linen" to debug our bikes before we left for Golden.

Good times

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Somewhat dilapidated, yet functional, Kubota L2500
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
'02 Wrangler X, 4" lift on 33 x 12.50s
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140
Felt Nine 50
Killin' more bees than Monsanto
Old 06-16-2012, 11:18 AM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Can you say Bi-polar...

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 06-16-2012, 11:41 AM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I say we trash the next hotel we stay at.....

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 06-16-2012, 11:46 AM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
2.) The process is not broken; the steps taken to choose the hotel were all done as well as they could have been. There is no way that the anal-retentive nature of the manager could have been established over the phone. Best efforts were made and we were blindsided anyway. It just happens.
I've traveled extensively over the past 40 years as part of my job, both individually and as part of small/medium/large groups. Some of it's been good and some of it has been a complete disaster. You do what you can to find the most viable and accommodating venue and hope for the best. Sometimes it's great, sometimes it's just 'OK' and sometimes it's a disaster. Hopefully, the latter is the definite exception.

Just my WHO but believe Ricky has hit the bulls-eye. We can do all of the do-diligence, make a decision/selection based on those efforts and still end up with issues. Believe part of the problem is that many of us have been spoiled by the two situations in E.S. that were as much a result of Ray's presence as anything else.

Let's also not forget that we don't exactly search out 4-Star resorts. Like it or not, with a 'cost sensitive' budget also comes some (what should be expected) compromise.

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 06-16-2012, 12:16 PM
BSL/SBSH

Last Cigar Smoked: "It's a Girl"
Luke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suck
I say we all buy tents.

Most likely sent from the bathroom by my Droid4 using Tapatalk 2.

Old 06-16-2012, 08:23 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
My Two Cents

I carry on my trips four micro fiber towels, about four hand terry towels to do the waste bucket wash in the parking spot trick. These I keep rinsed out after use and hang to dry overnight and when I do my on the road wash these also go in with my clothes.

Also there was probably an issue with people using too much ice, that too I made my way to the store to buy my own bag of ice.

I took my do not come into my room sign ( which they ignored!) off the door when I left on Thursday, left key on bed and I'm sure they figured it out when they came in to check on lights, A/C, TV left on to turn off, that I had left. Am also sure they rented the room Thursday night and double dipped on room rate. Maybe they can split some of that with the staff? And I had planned on sharing and told them I would have second person in room so I probably got charged there also for extra person...

Also lights were burned out in room and I switched some around so I would have light where I wanted it...

Quote:
For the record,
1.) I'm all in favor of another Colorado Palooza, and Cortez seems a great place, but obviously not at this hotel.
2.) The process is not broken; the steps taken to choose the hotel were all done as well as they could have been. There is no way that the anal-retentive nature of the manager could have been established over the phone. Best efforts were made and we were blindsided anyway. It just happens.
3.) The attendees didn't do a damn thing wrong, yet we felt put-upon from moment one with the overbearing attitude from Connie. I had talked with her several times and felt that she bent over backwards to be accommodating. She seemed very nice on the phone and all was wonderful. Upon check-in I met a different Connie. I felt she treated me (us) like a four year old with multiple admonishments to be tidy, be silent, be adult, etc. It was as if she didn't want her 'real' guests to know we were there.
4.) Only two days in, she left an ominous note putting us (as a group) on notice that we had used her good linen on our nasty bikes and restating the curfew, etc.
I couldn't hear highway noise at night from my room at night, I bet most guests kept their windows closed and A/C on. Couldn't hear the rowdy group after I went to my room at 10. But when my A/C cycled off at night I sure could hear the clunking noises from the water heater in the laundry room next to my room. Was waiting for the aliens to come and probe me.

5.) After she had the confrontation with Dan, she screamed that she'd 'never ever' rent to bikers again. She didn't say never to Dan or Ken but threw all 'bikers' down the well.
This makes it clear that she had issues with all of us, in a deep rooted way. I just don't know why she didn't just say no in the first place.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=35.191383,-101.819252

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 06-16-2012, 08:28 PM
Double-D
Doof Gooner

Last Cigar Smoked: Bubble Gum
Redleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke611 View Post
I say we all buy tents.

Most likely sent from the bathroom by my Droid4 using Tapatalk 2.
Noodles will be along shortly to say "I ain't tenting!"

"Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people out there having fun on motorcycles. It makes me take another look." -Steve McQueen
Old 06-16-2012, 08:46 PM
Securitas Emeritus

Homesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suckHomesick can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabbydoo View Post
...Let's also not forget that we don't exactly search out 4-Star resorts. Like it or not, with a 'cost sensitive' budget also comes some (what should be expected) compromise.
Nope, it's 'cause you're bikers.

joe

FXRT- Hubba Hubba
Old 06-16-2012, 08:54 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Butte View Post
I carry on my trips four micro fiber towels, about four hand terry towels to do the waste bucket wash in the parking spot trick. These I keep rinsed out after use and hang to dry overnight and when I do my on the road wash these also go in with my clothes.

Also there was probably an issue with people using too much ice, that too I made my way to the store to buy my own bag of ice.

I took my do not come into my room sign ( which they ignored!) off the door when I left on Thursday, left key on bed and I'm sure they figured it out when they came in to check on lights, A/C, TV left on to turn off, that I had left. Am also sure they rented the room Thursday night and double dipped on room rate. Maybe they can split some of that with the staff? And I had planned on sharing and told them I would have second person in room so I probably got charged there also for extra person...

Also lights were burned out in room and I switched some around so I would have light where I wanted it...
Yeah, I got the full briefing by Billy.
I wonder if she'll call when her Trip Advisor ranking slips.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:41 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
On another note

My wife manages a Motel up this part of the wilderness, we see all kinds of wild stuff.

We allow pets, don't keep any rooms "pet free" as there people who travel around with their little yappers, don't ask if we allow pets so they "sneak" in the room with their precious darlings.

What really burns my biskets is they allow their precious darlings to make poop on the floor and don't pick it up.

WTF? you can't pick up your dogs poop and get rid of the evidence...

Then there is the time some people were at the motel during their household move, guess the room mattress was better than what they had on the U haul truck so swapped with ours.

Another weird deal was somebody swapped out shower curtain with a shorter one.

And so it goes....

Oh yeah I sometimes get to plunge out toilets and show people how the direct TV controls work and how to turn on the TV...

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 06-17-2012, 08:53 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Just a couple of notes of minutia:

There are seventeen rooms all in a row. There are seventeen curb stops, all in a row. The curb stops are directly in front of the doors to each room and the room doors are numbered in the usual little brass plaque sort of way.
Someone ..... Went to the trouble to use a marksalot to hand number each curb stop with the number of the door in front of the curb stop. I find that odd...and I can envision the heated discussion that must have lead to this being "necessary".
In each room was a "guest manual" which laid out the rules for guest conduct and stated that you, as a guest, were *required* to turn off all lights and AC/heat when leaving the room. Having an undeclared pet would make you a "violator" and cost you fifty bucks a day. There were others.
You are likely familiar with the little coffee service packets that include sweetner, sugar and creamer packets and a stir stick. You can buy a bazillion of these at Samsclub for ten bucks. Not for Connie. They actually hand assembled these using ZipLoc bags. I find this odd.
There is a high OCD factor at Connie's place.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.504406,-94.682941

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod