Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Doof Clenas > Doofapaloozas > West Coast Doofapalooza 2012 - Cortez, CO
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

West Coast Doofapalooza 2012 - Cortez, CO Let's try this again...

Old 06-23-2012, 11:56 AM
Razor

griffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sock
I guess I have been remiss for my entire traveling life as I have never rippled the cleaning staff ! The room service ! Yes. The valet ! Yes. The bartender ! Yes.
In my opinion that is part of the room price! Please correct me if I'm wrong !
Maybe a poll ?
Old 06-23-2012, 12:44 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Maybe you have travelled for different reasons than some of the rest of us, Grif.
Travelling to theme parks w/ kids who take an enormous amount of crap with them and having the cleaning staff obviously take an incredible amount of care with their things and make them a Disney character/animal out of a towel gets a tip from me. When I'm someplace for most of a week and they do a great job of picking up after me and my heathen friends and they keep my room stocked, they get a tip.
An overnight at some shithole Motel 6? Nah.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:18 PM
Razor

griffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGlide View Post
Maybe you have travelled for different reasons than some of the rest of us, Grif.
Travelling to theme parks w/ kids who take an enormous amount of crap with them and having the cleaning staff obviously take an incredible amount of care with their things and make them a Disney character/animal out of a towel gets a tip from me. When I'm someplace for most of a week and they do a great job of picking up after me and my heathen friends and they keep my room stocked, they get a tip.
An overnight at some shithole Motel 6? Nah.
Good point !! Thanks!
Old 06-23-2012, 06:02 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Last year on my visit to Disney Land when we got into our room I had to dig both TV remotes out of the couch and pick up the doggie do in the bed room area of the suite.

Maybe because the previous people didn't tip?

I overcame the urge to reinstall the remotes into the couch upon departure...

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 07-04-2012, 04:32 PM
Airhead

Ken R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steak
I've been questioning my own tipping policy since Cortez. It's like this:

If a person gives me face-to-face personal service, I tip. If the tip is based on the bill, I tip up to 25% depending on how the person treats me and what kind of mood I'm in; but never less than 15%.

But, to tip someone that works in the background and is never seen and never gives face-to-face service . . . they're working for wages. I hope they're making at least minimum wage. If they wish to work for tips, there are plenty of jobs out there that they can take where their compensation depends on how well they do and what kind of impression they make on their clients.

Case in point: The service manager at Dallas HD gives me great service. He's worked there in the part department, as a technician, and now service manager/advisor (the guy that takes care of the customers;always with a smile).

I got my motorcycle back this afternoon. He really works hard to have happy customers; always friendly,always prompt, always attentive. I asked him to please expedite the shipping on the part (for a fee, of course).

I tipped him $20 today because his face-to-face attention to me was appreciated. He handled my request and made sure the part was indeed shipped overnight. If you evern bring your motor to this dealership, be sure you get Zack.