Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Engine & Transmission
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 04-27-2011, 07:04 PM
Dirty Dirk, Canadian Doof

DAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milk
Poor Mans Overdrive

I think I'll try this before Sturgis, my new 103 build has a much fatter and lower torque curve than my wrong cam choice 95. I'm gonna put on a BDL 65 tooth rear pulley, according to the BDL site I have a 139 tooth belt, so probably changing that too. The change gains a 7% drop in rpm so my usual cruise of 3400 would be at 3150rpm, not bad me thinks for the price in parts vs a 6 speed swap...... and I'm bored now that the bike is done and weather pretty spotty.

Dirk
Old 04-27-2011, 07:12 PM
Double-D

DaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milk
Dirk, My stock 103 with Stage-One and D&D FatCat purrs at 2700 rpm it = about 68 mph.

Ich bin Sven Hoek.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:31 PM

DAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSkip View Post
Dirk, My stock 103 with Stage-One and D&D FatCat purrs at 2700 rpm it = about 68 mph.
Yup, thats right on the money Skip - 24mph per 1000rpm on our 5 speeds. Problem I've been finding in the last few years all my buds have ended up on new scooters with 6spds, and when we get out of the twisties the pace gets set at around 140kmh/87mph (pretty sure you have to go that fast in Montana in order not to be roadkill) That starts putting me at 3800rpm ish and while I know they can do that kind of rpm all day it still irks me, if I could knock it down to 3500 it just seems a little more reasonable....

Dirk
Old 04-27-2011, 08:20 PM
Double-D

DaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAK47 View Post
Yup, thats right on the money Skip - 24mph per 1000rpm on our 5 speeds. Problem I've been finding in the last few years all my buds have ended up on new scooters with 6spds, and when we get out of the twisties the pace gets set at around 140kmh/87mph (pretty sure you have to go that fast in Montana in order not to be roadkill) That starts putting me at 3800rpm ish and while I know they can do that kind of rpm all day it still irks me, if I could knock it down to 3500 it just seems a little more reasonable....

Dirk
I've got a six speed. I have to be in 5th below 60 mph or I start to load the engine a bit.

Ich bin Sven Hoek.

Old 05-05-2011, 09:12 PM
really small member

Kleetus has failed to amuse us
Here is a cheaper, quicker option that will also give your starter more torque.
http://www.hotbikeweb.com/tech/1011_...ket/index.html
Kleetus
Old 05-05-2011, 11:17 PM
Trash

Last Cigar Smoked: The one in the ash tray
noodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSkip View Post
Mine purrs at 3000 rpm in 6th,
You need to check it out!
You want me to put the taller windshield on for ya if I decide to go to ES?

®
Old 05-06-2011, 09:08 AM
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: comancho
Sonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleetus View Post
Kleetus
Did you do this? or know someone that did? results?

Chris
RIP MONGOOSE

2002 RK Police
95 Big Bore Kit, Weisco Flat Top Pistons, 9.13:1
Engine built by Wilsons of E-town,KY
Vance and Hines Ovals
SE Air Cleaner, K&N Filter
2006 HD Stock Heads
Andrews 26G Cams
Dyno'd by ENGINES BY OTTO

851st ARMY SECURITY AGENCY - Europe - 74-77
Old 05-06-2011, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleetus View Post
Kleetus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic View Post
Did you do this? or know someone that did? results?
Same results as doing a 65 tooth rear pulley, 7% reduction in rpm - only you don't have to yard off your inner primary this way to get to your belt. My line of thinking was I could get a new rear belt in the bike if I did the rear pulley and scrub some rpm. I put a 66 tooth ring gear in with a 9 tooth pinion and comp. releases so starter torque is a non issue.....
I know some people who have 6 speeds and gone in reverse adding more rpm via the primary and love it!! Snap for the buck is great but they gots the freaking OD.....

Dirk
Old 05-06-2011, 11:05 PM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Changing out the primary drive is easier than changing out the drive belt!

But, if you're that far, then it's only a few more bolts to pull the inner primary. Then the rear wheel, then the shocks. Then the swing arm. THEN you can get the belt out.

So....... Put the larger primary sprocket on it and ride the piss out of it!!!

Meng

TKWSV