Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Engine & Transmission
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 01-11-2016, 12:59 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Yowch!

I think I'd go the Darkhorse route if I were in your shoes. Get all Timkened and whatnot. Maybe even get the crank lightened a bit.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 01-11-2016, 12:59 PM
Doof Clenas Member

Last Cigar Smoked: Probably a Swisher Sweet
Ancient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backroad Mike View Post
I received a reply from Don last night. I have a reservation for head work the second week of February.
Outstanding! Mine are supposed to be done early next week.
Old 01-11-2016, 05:16 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 01-21-2016, 02:04 PM
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: A couple of Mega's...
HiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suck
OK,

Only looked at the last page, but...

1. Don't know what "timkened" is, is it similar to corked?
2. NOT getting the crank lightened, although that wart could go...
3. Gimme a reference on the head work...

Old 01-21-2016, 02:43 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTekRedneck View Post
OK,

Only looked at the last page, but...

1. Don't know what "timkened" is, is it similar to corked?
2. NOT getting the crank lightened, although that wart could go...
3. Gimme a reference on the head work...
A Timken bearing is a an aftermarket bearing for the left side of the case that supposedly reduces lateral movement of the crank so it doesn't walk the right cside bearing out of the case. For the later model bikes with the two screws mounted in the right case from inside the cam chest, I'm told the Timken isn't needed so much.

Crank lightened they drill holes at varying depths in the crank to reduce the overall weight, which supposedly lets it rev quicker as now it's "Lighter".

Head work: http://hdstreetperformance.com

Kimber

Old 01-21-2016, 03:04 PM
Double-D

HiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
A Timken bearing is a an aftermarket bearing for the left side of the case that supposedly reduces lateral movement of the crank so it doesn't walk the right cside bearing out of the case. For the later model bikes with the two screws mounted in the right case from inside the cam chest, I'm told the Timken isn't needed so much.

Crank lightened they drill holes at varying depths in the crank to reduce the overall weight, which supposedly lets it rev quicker as now it's "Lighter".

Head work: http://hdstreetperformance.com
Over the head or below the dignity?

I'll assume the latter...

Old 01-21-2016, 07:29 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTekRedneck View Post
Over the head or below the dignity?

I'll assume the latter...
Must be over the head.

My brain is spent by the time I get home every night. Been spending the last two month on a project fixing the Fuk up someone else created.

As I told the majority owner at our company Christmas Party, "I'm not a miracle worker".

Kimber

Last edited by Backroad Mike; 01-23-2016 at 09:53 PM.
Old 01-23-2016, 09:01 PM
Double-D

I did that for 21 years on numerous other's brilliant ideas...

Glad I could retire.

Old 01-30-2016, 02:33 PM
Doof Clenas Member

Ancient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suck
Oooh and ahhh...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0135.jpg (52.6 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0137.jpg (62.9 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0138.jpg (46.8 KB, 60 views)
Old 01-30-2016, 05:13 PM
Original Delinquent

You never answered my voice mail.

Mine will be headed out shortly. Some things finally fell into place today and now know the build direction.

Not getting the 117" HD bolt on kit, but not quite stock

Kimber

Old 01-30-2016, 07:32 PM
Doof Clenas Member

Quote:
You never answered my voice mail.

Mine will be headed out shortly. Some things finally fell into place today and now know the build direction.

Not getting the 117" HD bolt on kit, but not quite stock
I didn't receive a voicemail?
Old 01-31-2016, 06:18 PM
Doof Clenas Member

So, all back together. Changes were, Dorfman Street Pro heads, 84 CC, 10.1 comp., 030" HG. Andrews 48's out, 57's in. CCP's at 205 psi.

Couple AT runs on the TT. It wanted +10 to +20 VE's most everywhere. Runs nice. Very, very nice. I knew the 57's would cluck, but man, they should be called, "Hen Party" cams.
Old 01-31-2016, 07:09 PM
Original Delinquent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Iron View Post
So, all back together. Changes were, Dorfman Street Pro heads, 84 CC, 10.1 comp., 030" HG. Andrews 48's out, 57's in. CCP's at 205 psi.

Couple AT runs on the TT. It wanted +10 to +20 VE's most everywhere. Runs nice. Very, very nice. I knew the 57's would cluck, but man, they should be called, "Hen Party" cams.
Congrats. Was on the phone with Don this morning going over some final issues. Time to box them up and send them in the next week.

Kimber

Old 02-01-2016, 09:57 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Sounds like you guys are making some progress!
I'm wishing I could do some more upgrading but right now I've got to start planning a compensator fix. Still on the original and it's starting to get a bit clanky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 02-01-2016, 10:00 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

Greg, how is the Target Tune doing on the change up?
Did you send for a new map for the build or just let the TT take care of it?
I'm expecting the TT should be great for this kind of upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod