Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Carburetor
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 05-14-2007, 03:48 PM
package shredder

chnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Baseline Dyno Run...all comments are......

Welcome and appreciated!

Had this done last week to see where the bike was at. The blue line is from last year with a PCII and canned map. The red line is with a cv40, Crane HI4TC, true duals with Thundercones, SE air cleaner, and Andrews 26, on an otherwise stock TC88. Carb was jetted at 48 primary, 185 main. Crane set to multispark, -1 initial, advance curve #3.

The dyno operator said he could tune it, but only if he could install one of their DynoJet kits in it. He also said that the Crane ignition couldn't be custom mapped, you could only turn the pots, and what I had it set at was just fine.

I thanked him for his time and just got the printout of the baseline. I have since then put in a 195 main and bumped the timing to 0 initial, advance curve #4. Feels better, but I got some pinging after riding through town in heavy stop and go traffic yesterday. Looked at the plugs this morning, and I think the extra advance is going to require a colder plug here in GA (5 threads discolored). Had to order them (DCPR8E) from Advance Auto, nobody has them in stock around here.

Am I on the right track, or just chasing my tail?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg dyno_baseline_run.jpg (349.0 KB, 114 views)
Old 05-15-2007, 03:06 PM
Lakes

I'm new here,so first nice to meet you.
Could you tell me more about your build, like what comp and so on. i use a crane ignition myself. what needle are you useing?just guessing its cv40.
look's like afr was rich with the blue run & they leaned it with red run,but could improve on that.
with stock comp i got ok results with 0 initial timing & #7 advance curve but i was useing a different needle to stock CV40.
Looks to be on the too lean around 4,000 to 4,800, the blue looks better but was way rich in lower rev's
Old 05-15-2007, 03:58 PM
package shredder

chnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Welcome to the forum, Lakes.

That blue run was last year with MM efi and a modified canned map on a Power Commander II. Red run is after conversion to CV40 and Crane ignition. Didn't let the dyno guy tune anything....he had too many "wrong answers" to my questions.....like "no need to adjust timing".

It's just a baseline run....I've changed a few things since then.....

PS....Crane is presently set to mode 0, initial -2, and advance 7....
Old 05-17-2007, 03:24 AM
Lakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by chnpostal View Post
Welcome to the forum, Lakes.

That blue run was last year with MM efi and a modified canned map on a Power Commander II. Red run is after conversion to CV40 and Crane ignition. Didn't let the dyno guy tune anything....he had too many "wrong answers" to my questions.....like "no need to adjust timing".

It's just a baseline run....I've changed a few things since then.....

PS....Crane is presently set to mode 0, initial -2, and advance 7....

that sounds about right how you have it (Crane ign ) set, but easier to check on the dyno.
Just as a?way of showing that dyno guy was wrong about not trying setting with the ign, last night i was at a street drag meet and was very humid,i changed my ign settings from -5 retard to -4 and saw a gain in both half track and full track trap speeds,also got a tenth off the ET.still have not had this on dyno but might get it on saturday afternoon @ friends.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:59 PM
Gear Head

chopper blue deuce has failed to amuse us
Hey postal,
What part of Ga you in? Also check with the local NAPA on the NGK plugs, there central warehouse keeps them in and is usually a day out.

jim
Andrews 37b Cams
S/E Flat Tops
S/E A/C
S/E Race Ignition
RB Racing LSR 2-1

Stand Behind Our Troops,
Or You Will Be Asked To Stand in Front
Old 06-19-2007, 04:52 PM
package shredder

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper blue deuce View Post
Hey postal,
What part of Ga you in? Also check with the local NAPA on the NGK plugs, there central warehouse keeps them in and is usually a day out.

jim
Hey Jim......I'm south of Atlanta down here in Griffin. And Advance Auto stocks the NGK's here for just $1.99

Would've responded sooner, but I've been on vaction for a while.