Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Ask The Techs...
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Ask The Techs... This is the way it works. Post up your question in the appropriate Forum, then put a link to it here. We'll ask some very savvy folks to monitor the posts here and answer your question. If you are a Tech answering a question, please do it in the linked thread rather than here. In this way, we can build info in the appropriate Forum. Thanks.

Old 06-21-2007, 03:21 PM
2005 HD FLHTi

Kfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Exclamation

Take a look at the Doherty Air Cleaner, not real cheap, but it is worth it!

This the setup I put on my bike:
http://www.dohertymachine.com/index.php?cPath=2

This one's a little cheaper:
http://www.dohertymachine.com/produc...products_id=22

~"IF YOU CAN'T IMPROVE ON SILENCE, KEEP QUIET" ...couch Lou~

"Getting There Beats Being There"
FLHTi
* 95" by Carl from Boise Cycle
CHECK OUT MY WEBSHOT ALBUMS...

Old 06-21-2007, 03:23 PM
Excommunicated

LittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by customryder View Post
07 I ordered a set of reinharts true... what else do i need to do? road glide
To cancel the order, get a used 02 with a 95" kit and a Carb.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:34 PM
GrayRider

Or better yet, take the money for the SERT and endless tunings and convert it a Mikuni.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:57 PM
Excommunicated

LittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayRider View Post
Or better yet, take the money for the SERT and endless tunings and convert it a Mikuni.
I think you are right Gray, $350 for a Mikuni, $300 for an ignition module, a few other parts. Less than a grand and you can actually tune it.
What does a Grand buy an EFI, a SERT and two tunes.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:00 PM
GrayRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBear View Post
I think you are right Gray, $350 for a Mikuni, $300 for an ignition module, a few other parts. Less than a grand and you can actually tune it.
What does a Grand buy an EFI, a SERT and two tunes.
Two potentially BAD tunes.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:15 PM
Excommunicated

Quote:
Old 06-21-2007, 04:17 PM
Excommunicated

Quote:
We should ask 8-Ball. He would know.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:18 PM
GrayRider

Quote:
I have my own stories....I tuned the Mik on my WG years ago. Works perfect. My RK goes in this weekend for the 5th tune maybe 4th. Who's counting.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:22 PM
Excommunicated

Quote:
I have my own stories....I tuned the Mik on my WG years ago. Works perfect. My RK goes in this weekend for the 5th tune maybe 4th. Who's counting.
And that is why, a ride to FL to have the master do it once would, in the long run, save a lot of money.

I have changed the cam three times with my Mikuni, tuning only cost me $50 for the SE tuning kit with all the needles, pilot jets, main jets and gaskets in it.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:29 PM
Just plain Doof

rk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suck
I would never give up my FI for a carb. No matter where you go or what the weather isFI is in tune.

Psalm 23:4 and the Second Amendment are enough for me.

If you have issue with anything in this post. You can address this by opening a dos prompt and typing
cd C:/
and then type
format C:

What you looking for?
Old 06-21-2007, 04:42 PM
R.I.P.
Never Forget - 343

Fire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up space
Quote:
Originally Posted by rk custom View Post
I would never give up my FI for a carb. No matter where you go or what the weather isFI is in tune.

Old 06-21-2007, 04:43 PM
Yes, they are Real.......

harleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sock
Customryder got plenty of money to blow.Just ask him he will tell ya'.........

Keeper Of The Toast
2006 Post Whore Of The Year

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS........
Old 06-21-2007, 05:16 PM
Woody218

Having FI is like having a woman who always has a smile on her face, she looks good every day, and she's always in the mood for some lovin'...
Old 06-21-2007, 05:18 PM
8-Ball

Quote:
Carb... I'd be a rich man...
Old 06-21-2007, 05:25 PM
really BIG member

customryder has failed to amuse us
this is interesting
http://www.zippersperformance.com/ca...=588&prod=2180