Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > Computer Talk
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Computer Talk Have a computer question, problem or internet issue? The computer talk is here.

Old 07-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Executive Vice President
D.F.F.D

Last Cigar Smoked: Romeo y Julieta Churchill
BillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I don't really see anything wrong with that trace route. Can you go into the command prompt again and type "ping www.yahoo.com" and come back with the results?

Old 07-08-2010, 12:58 PM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I was running pings and traceroutes of the sites ms._t's havin' problems with.

While they work OK in my browser, the only site that I successfully pinged was wunderground.com.

The others came back as timed out.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_tapestry View Post
It started yesterday morning. I can't access wunderground.com, weather.com nor FB games. As far as I know there haven't been any recent updates on my computer. I've tried customer support for zynga games and they suggest clearing my cache (done) and checking my firewall settings (done.) In fact I turned my firewall off and they still wouldn't load. The weather sites won't load at all and while I can get on FB when I try to access a game all I get is a blank page. Any suggestions?
Did this problem start after you found and started using your new sig pic???

Perhaps yer PC is revoltin'.

Just sayin'.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:53 PM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_tapestry View Post
And I don't know how to copy it here so here goes:

[first few hops deleted for security]

7 22ms 23ms 23ms ge-2-1-0.mpr2.dfw2.us.above.net [64.125.27.81]
8 23ms 23ms 24ms xe-0-0-0.cr1.dfw2.us.above.net [64.125.30.73]
9 30ms 28ms 29ms xe-1-2-0.cr1.iah1.us.above.net [64.125.26.130]
10 57ms 28ms 29ms xe-1-1-0.er1.iah1.above.net [64.125.26.130]
11 69ms 69ms 69ms xe-1-3-0.er1.lax9.us.above.net [64.125.26.122]
12 68ms 70ms 69ms xe-4-2-0.er1.sjc2.us.above.net ]64.125.24.18]
13 70ms 68ms 69ms xe-0-1-0.mpr1.sfo7.us.above.net [64.125.26.57]
14 82ms 81ms 83ms 64.124.65.86.allocated.above.net [64.124.65.86]

15 72ms 70ms 70ms 38.102.136.100
16 68ms 71ms 78ms 38.102.136.104

trace complete
using the ip address of the last hop in that trace, 38.102.136.104, your connectivity was okay. The last few hops were a little slow, but still there. That is a trace to wunderground.com.

If dropped packets had occured, or a time out, the ping times would have shown up as "*" (asterisks) and said Request Time Out. I don't think your trouble is with the internet connection. Its probably browser related.

Old 07-08-2010, 01:55 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbit View Post
Did this problem start after you found and started using your new sig pic???

Perhaps yer PC is revoltin'.

Just sayin'.
Like the pic.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:58 PM
Executive Vice President
D.F.F.D

Last Cigar Smoked: Romeo y Julieta Churchill
BillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbit View Post
I was running pings and traceroutes of the sites ms._t's havin' problems with.

While they work OK in my browser, the only site that I successfully pinged was wunderground.com.

The others came back as timed out.
A lot of sites block ping since it could be used as part of a D.O.S. attack. Yahoo has kept it in place since they have other safeguards against a coordinated hacking attempt.

I have to concur with Durl that something is going on with your browser Tonya. Which one are you using?

Old 07-08-2010, 05:40 PM
Double-D

why_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGlide View Post
Good idea.
The internet probably runs through a low water crossing or something down there...
It should have looked at the stick.
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid" - Gen Eisenhower.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:58 PM
Double-D

DaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milk
Can you have your landlord stick a screwdriver through it?

Ich bin Sven Hoek.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:26 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

ms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSkip View Post
Can you have your landlord stick a screwdriver through it?

Okay I guess it was a server issue or maybe a miracle because it's working just fayhn now!

Thanks for all the help. Y'all rock!

High Priestess of the Cloudriders
Old 07-08-2010, 08:40 PM
The other white meat

Last Cigar Smoked: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial
Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Sounds like your ISP made a routing change or something. A routing loop will get you nowhere fast

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[
Old 07-08-2010, 08:48 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

ms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by txhawg View Post
Sounds like your ISP made a routing change or something. A routing loop will get you nowhere fast
It's funny that it was happening on some websites but not others. But then I don't speak computer. . .

High Priestess of the Cloudriders
Old 07-08-2010, 09:06 PM
Birth Control PosterChild

Jackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milk
You mean to tell me there are other web sites on the internet besides this one?