Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Doof Clenas > Doofapaloozas
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Doofapaloozas I'm riding 1,200 miles to spend a week with some avid motorcycle enthusiasts I met on the internet, dear. What could go wrong?

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 09:28 AM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
All I have ever said all along, is think about. Moses didn't give us ES. The same way we found ES we may find X. It could take years. By that point we may be so entrenched in ES, we may not one want to leave.

But the site will be around for years, so we need to think in those terms.

No matter what way you slice it the people at the extreme ends of the country, will be riding the farthest.

Like I said we may never find a spot, thats worth moving too. Just worth discussing.

My communist reference really wasn't aimed at anyone paticular more a joke of what happened in R&P last year.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:42 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

ms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
not tonight darling. . .I have a headache. . . <sigh>

High Priestess of the Cloudriders
Old 08-13-2009, 09:57 AM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
I shouldn't post in here then? If you actually read my posts, they do agree with this criteria, to the point that its up to someone to find a place that fits the requirements.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:05 AM
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: comancho
Sonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
I shouldn't post in here then? If you actually read my posts, they do agree with this criteria, to the point that its up to someone to find a place that fits the requirements.

Chris
RIP MONGOOSE

2002 RK Police
95 Big Bore Kit, Weisco Flat Top Pistons, 9.13:1
Engine built by Wilsons of E-town,KY
Vance and Hines Ovals
SE Air Cleaner, K&N Filter
2006 HD Stock Heads
Andrews 26G Cams
Dyno'd by ENGINES BY OTTO

851st ARMY SECURITY AGENCY - Europe - 74-77
Old 08-13-2009, 10:09 AM
Excommunicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_tapestry View Post
not tonight darling. . .I have a headache. . . <sigh>
]:beat deadhorse:
Old 08-13-2009, 10:33 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by d j View Post
...the Smokey Mountain area pops up.

I personally will volunteer to scout out a location in this region. This has long been a top motorcycle friendly area with great roads and tons of hotels/resorts. I have ridden this area and I can vouch for the awesome roads and scenery. Some folks say it is the best area in the USA for bikes. Anyone who wants to join me or offer hotels to be checked out please do so.

However, my '09 vacation has been spoken for. I am willing to go out in March/April '10 and scout out locations.
I cut out a little, because I would be indebted to you if you did exactly what you propose, but for the 2010 East Coast Doofapalooza.
If you are going in March/April, that will give us plenty of time to get arrangements made for the E. Coast Doofapalooza, since we already have the dates (for vacation scheduling), and those dates are? Glad you asked.
August 19-22, 2010.
I was thinking about Maggie Valley, and the Best Western there on the main drag worked out for the 3-4 bikes we were with last time we were there, but I'm not sure how "motorcycle friendly" they would be if we took over a wing of their hotel with the hours we keep. Nice rooms, refrigerators, rockin' chairs out front, but I don't know if there's any other area where they could hide us once we get to drinkin'.
That's just a starting point, anyway. I'm sure you'll find something as good or better if that doesn't pan out. 25-ish rooms, ya think?
Someplace around Asheville would be nice, or I'm sure there any number of places you may come across that would fill the bill.
If you could be our "man on the ground" there, that would be great.
You're all clean cut and well spoken and shit, too.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:53 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
As to the "central location", the purpose of the national is for everybody, east and west, to have the opportunity to meet.
We lost a lot of the active west coast guys a little less than a year ago, but we've been blessed with a few new folks out there who look like they're gonna be pretty active thereownselves.
Hopefully, that explains the "central" location requirement a little better.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:06 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGlide View Post
I cut out a little, because I would be indebted to you if you did exactly what you propose, but for the 2010 East Coast Doofapalooza.
If you are going in March/April, that will give us plenty of time to get arrangements made for the E. Coast Doofapalooza, since we already have the dates (for vacation scheduling), and those dates are? Glad you asked.
August 19-22, 2010.
I was thinking about Maggie Valley, and the Best Western there on the main drag worked out for the 3-4 bikes we were with last time we were there, but I'm not sure how "motorcycle friendly" they would be if we took over a wing of their hotel with the hours we keep. Nice rooms, refrigerators, rockin' chairs out front, but I don't know if there's any other area where they could hide us once we get to drinkin'.
That's just a starting point, anyway. I'm sure you'll find somethingas good or better if that doesn't pan out. 25-ish rooms, ya think?
Someplace around Asheville would be nice, or I'm sure there any number of places you may come across that would fill the bill.
If you could be our "man on the ground" there, that would be great.
You're all clean cut and well spoken and shit, too.
So when do we eat?

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 08-13-2009, 12:12 PM
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: comancho
Sonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by '05Train View Post
So when do we eat?

I may be the only one who hasnt done the tail of the dragon but would love to do that if the schedule works out.

Chris
RIP MONGOOSE

2002 RK Police
95 Big Bore Kit, Weisco Flat Top Pistons, 9.13:1
Engine built by Wilsons of E-town,KY
Vance and Hines Ovals
SE Air Cleaner, K&N Filter
2006 HD Stock Heads
Andrews 26G Cams
Dyno'd by ENGINES BY OTTO

851st ARMY SECURITY AGENCY - Europe - 74-77
Old 08-13-2009, 12:15 PM
Double-D
The Mechanic

d j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Dave, my offer was for a National event in June. I totally misread or read way too much into your parameters for The National. For that I apologize, didn't want to stir the pot.

Mary can't get time off in the second half of August because school starts, so the likelihood of us attending a late August event is very slim.

I do, however, plan on gettin' my ass back to the Blue Ridge Mountains some time next spring on the bike. My scouting trip in March/April was going to be in the car, as weather that time of year between Chicago and there can be iffy.I would be happy to report back any potential sites I encounter from my spring trip. Probably around May 15-21.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:19 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGlide View Post
August 19-22, 2010.
I could make that one....
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 08-13-2009, 12:21 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic View Post

I may be the only one who hasnt done the tail of the dragon but would love to do that if the schedule works out.
I've never been either. I may have occasion to get down that way and scout something for next August.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 08-13-2009, 12:21 PM
Doof Babe
Grenade Launcher
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: Does second-hand count?
Boop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
That is a gorgeous area.

W.W.B.D?

Boop-Oop-A-Doof
Old 08-13-2009, 12:32 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by d j View Post
Dave, my offer was for a National event in June. I totally misread or read way too much into your parameters for The National. For that I apologize, didn't want to stir the pot.

Mary can't get time off in the second half of August because school starts, so the likelihood of us attending a late August event is very slim.

I do, however, plan on gettin' my ass back to the Blue Ridge Mountains some time next spring on the bike. My scouting trip in March/April was going to be in the car, as weather that time of year between Chicago and there can be iffy.I would be happy to report back any potential sites I encounter from my spring trip. Probably around May 15-21.
Sweet!
And thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kflhr View Post
I could make that one....
No you couldn't.
It's not July 4th week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by '05Train View Post
I've never been either. I may have occasion to get down that way and scout something for next August.
Cool.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:41 PM
Excommunicated

Bofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Honestly, I'm beginning to think you don't give a flying flip where it's at. I think you're just stirring the pot and wreaking havoc just because you don't have anything better to do right now.
I do not believe this to be true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabbydoo View Post
Seems you chose to gloss over one of the key points in Dinero's post.
When he said pick a location and HOST IT! he was talking about a local event, not the national one, which is what this thread is about.

Quote:
I have never been opposed to having the National at a different location. I was only opposed to moving it to a place no one had ever been or had no personal knowledge of. Thanks for stepping up to the plate and volunteering to scout it out for us!
I completely agree but feel the majority of mods truely don't feel this way. JMHO...
Closed Thread