Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Headers & Exhaust
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 05-30-2007, 12:45 AM
8-Ball

Upon closer inspection, this is a crack that runs from 9 o'clock to 3 o'clock... to big to fix without welding.

Talked to BUB today and they won't warranty a 2 year old pipe.

However, they did give me a special deal on a pair of complete tail pipes with the 2 1/4" torque chambered baffles. $306 complete with black tips. I took them up on it.

Supposed to get them on Friday.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:11 AM
My 'ol dog JACK in Heaven

Chromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
Upon closer inspection, this is a crack that runs from 9 o'clock to 3 o'clock... to big to fix without welding.

Talked to BUB today and they won't warranty a 2 year old pipe.

However, they did give me a special deal on a pair of complete tail pipes with the 2 1/4" torque chambered baffles. $306 complete with black tips. I took them up on it.

Supposed to get them on Friday.

Too bad the metal fatigue flu set in..but Congrats on rolling up 25K. Sounds like BUB is treating you Okay? Heck the tips alone list at $90 each. If your other ones were good you sell the new tips on ebay and cut your out of pocket costs a lot.

Glad to see you got started early (31 days before Colorado) on that 25K service..

Road KINGS Rock!

Chromer

As a matter of fact...Road Kings DO ROCK!!

"Betty" the '06 Road King. Our 10 Year Anniversary and 44,600 miles together...

(Initiation ride '07) (CO '07) "Chromer"...Welder of Chrome pipes, Stainless Steel pipes and other Alloy and Carbon steel stuff......
Old 05-30-2007, 08:21 AM
Excommunicated

LittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suck
So with new pipes is it back to the tuner or just ride it?
Old 05-30-2007, 10:53 AM
Are these on right?

Lady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jams View Post
O---------------------

The "O" is the drilled hole and the crack is the dashed line.

The drilled hole will stop that crack from running any further.
Man, you guys are all so SMURT!!! And I like the pictures too!!

Sorry you're having problems Mike...sounds like you've found a solution - hope it doesn't cost TOO much!

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with someone who's unarmed..."

GBNF FIRE46, RED RIDER, MONGOOSE

Old 05-30-2007, 11:01 AM
8-Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBear View Post
So with new pipes is it back to the tuner or just ride it?
They tell me that the flow rate is the same, but they will yield better low and mid range performance. He said worst case, it will run a little richer which, supposedly is easy to remedy with the SERT... he said a 5% adjustment across the board would do it, but that I probably wouldn't have to.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:27 PM
Hangaround

16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
You have so much more patience than I.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:49 PM
8-Ball

WOW... what a difference these new baffles make!!! (Standard 2 1/4" baffle WITH torque chamber).

This thing catapults off the line and grabs much quicker than with the old baffles. There is absolutely NO comparison. Before I had this little lag before it grabbed... now there is none. WAY more fun... !!!

Question: my left muffler slipped back about 3/4" of an inch during the initial ride. I'm assuming this is just due to being new... readjust and retighten torca clamp should handle that right?

Where does the torca clamp go? I've got it about 3/16" from the end of the muffler pipe... I don't have a metric allen socket for my torque wrench so I just tightened it up to a good "grunt" with a standard allen wrench.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:58 PM
Jams

It could be normal,,,,it is like one testicle hangs lower than the other. Most things are not asymmetrical
Old 08-12-2007, 02:25 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
I know I am late.
Couple years ago had a crack in my Y. Brough it to muffler shop, they welded it for $5, on the bike. Though that winter when taking exhaust off, to remove head, the welded spot flexed and would not come off. Ended up sawzalling it off.

Probably could have got it if I used more fiance. I know spray pblaster or wd40 in the joints. Got the outside chrome part of pipe welded right now too. So far so good.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:57 PM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
I know I am late.
Couple years ago had a crack in my Y. Brough it to muffler shop, they welded it for $5, on the bike. Though that winter when taking exhaust off, to remove head, the welded spot flexed and would not come off. Ended up sawzalling it off.

Probably could have got it if I used more fiance.
She pretty strong, Huh?..........

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep