Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > Cages
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Cages We talk about 'em every once in awhile, so what the hell? Probably get more play than the stupid FXR Forum...

Old 01-23-2011, 11:13 AM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
For a family of four, you definetly need a Dodge Mega Cab, Rock.

Old 01-23-2011, 11:16 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I really wanted a Duramax 2500 this last go-'round. But the fact of the matter was, whether it was Ford, GMC, or Dodge, there was nearly a $10,000 premium for the diesel to get nearly identical gas mileage to a 1500 V-8.

I haul relatively often for work, but I rarely tow. My Ram will tow around 9,000 pounds, which is plenty for me. My empty truck gets 21mpg (or better) on the highway, 17mpg (or better) in mixed driving. It also rides a helluva lot better than a 2500 or 3500.

If I was considering a 5th wheel trailer, I'd look really hard at the Ram 3500, but I'd be leaning towards the Duramax.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 01-23-2011, 11:27 AM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: New World by AJ Fernandez
Rock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygiene
C'mon guys. If you buy a truck you don't give a crap about fuel cost. Get a Toyota Prius. Stop all the "green", "econo" talk. We're talking space and power. It's a toy. That's like buying a BMW and complaining about maintaence cost. I'm still leaning towards the F250 although many of my friends have the cummins. The fords just seem to have the body right. Not sure why the other truck lines other than the mega cab are into the small cabs. The Mega cab is so large, the bed is like 1/2 a wheel barrow. This is about what I was thinking of.

Nothing radical. Lift and tires would cost the majority. It would end up looking about like so. We spend waaaaay more than this on our bikes.

Old 01-23-2011, 11:38 AM
Somewhat Bionic

Last Cigar Smoked: Hoyo De Monterrey Robusto
Big Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Rock, toy or not I can't justify the $ for the diesel. I've got the Silverado 1/2 ton extra cab 5.3 and it suits me just fine. I would like more interior room though. Next one will be an Avalanche. Like that Swiss Army Knife.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting '..holy sh*t ....what a ride!' - George Carlin

Old 01-23-2011, 11:46 AM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

Rock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygiene
Cousin in VA swears by his Avalanche. He's got a kiddo also. It has lots of luxury on the interior. He doesn't haven't the gray stuff on the side. I think it looks better without that stuff. Unless you really plan to use it as a fishing truck through the woods.

Old 01-23-2011, 11:49 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I make my living with my truck, driving 30-35,000 miles a year in it. It's no toy, and fuel cost is damn important.

Old 01-23-2011, 11:53 AM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

That's different then. I'm an office jerk. My trucks for fun.

Old 01-23-2011, 12:04 PM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
So now you're talkin diesel 4x4 trucks?

Well, just so you know, there is nothing that won't sink faster than a 4x4 with a heavy ass diesel engine.

Old 01-23-2011, 12:10 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
That's different then. I'm an office jerk. My trucks for fun.
Ahhh, apples and oranges then.

Carry on.

Old 01-23-2011, 12:11 PM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

Thrasher, let's read left to right, top to bottom together.

Boat - Water
Truck - Land.

Old 01-23-2011, 12:30 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
I dont think there is much difference in the back seat room between the Ford or Chevy crew cabs. You want long bed or short? For me, whats the use of buying a truck with a 6 ft bed.

Kimber

Old 01-23-2011, 12:31 PM
El Errante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Thrasher, let's read left to right, top to bottom together.

Boat - Water
Truck - Land.

Rock, seems unaware of the composition of land here in southeast Texas.

Let's read left to right, and top to bottom. All together now...

4x4 Truck - sandy beaches and marshland,... and best of all: Texas gumbo
4x4 Diesel Truck - sunk.

Have you looked to the southwest and northeast of your location on a map? There are miles and miles of Texas beaches just waiting for you. The best is Padre Island National Seashore (PINS) just south of Corpus. 65 miles of it is the absolute best,... but its also 4x4 territory.

Old 01-23-2011, 01:20 PM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
talked to a guy who just bought a new '11 Duramax...said he didnt think it could be any better than the '08 he traded in...but it is...new frame & susp.
he had a Powerstroke b4 that...Fix Or Repair Daily...

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep

Old 01-23-2011, 02:19 PM
Double-D
The Mechanic

d j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Is there such a thing as a "Truck Poseur"?

Old 01-23-2011, 02:26 PM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by d j View Post
Is there such a thing as a "Truck Poseur"?
looks like there will be...

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep