Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Dear Boop
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Dear Boop Got a question? Looking for information or advice? Life getting you down? Ask Boop. Sort of like Dear Abby, only Doofier.

Old 05-17-2007, 12:54 PM
R.I.P.
Never Forget - 343

Fire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up space
Ironically my ex never wanted to leave the kids with anyone so we could go away for a weekend or even a night. Now we have 50/50 custody so they are with me one week and her the next. Go figure, now she has 7 days at a time without them. Couples do need quality time together ESPECIALLY when they have kids.

Old 05-17-2007, 01:31 PM
Jams

You started a thread a few weeks back on the same subject and then asked for it to be deleted......

If you treat her the way you talk about her here, it is not to difficult to see that you have problems in your marriage.

jus saying
Old 05-17-2007, 01:42 PM
Doof Babe
Grenade Launcher
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: Does second-hand count?
Boop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Okay boys, play nice. It is my "area" after all.

Timmy, there is no way for any of us to know what is going on in your marriage or in your head. And I, for one, am not a professional advice-giver, although I play one here on the forum.

I do know from experience that if you value your marriage and your wife you have to work at it. And you have to work at it even if she isn't. Unfair? Yes. Difficult? Yes. But that's the way it works.

At least please think very carefully before making a decision that could irrevocably harm your wife and your marriage. And don't take our advice without realizing where it's coming from. This is Doof Land!!!

W.W.B.D?

Boop-Oop-A-Doof
Old 05-17-2007, 01:45 PM
R.I.P.
Never Forget - 343

Fire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boop View Post
At least please think very carefully before making a decision that could irrevocably harm your wife and your marriage. And don't take our advice without realizing where it's coming from. This is Doof Land!!!
I represent that remark...

Old 05-17-2007, 01:45 PM
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: Obsidian
Stone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:

Timmy, there is no way for any of us to know what is going on in your marriage or in your head. And I, for one, am not a professional advice-giver, although I play one here on the forum.

I do know from experience that if you value your marriage and your wife you have to work at it. And you have to work at it even if she isn't. Unfair? Yes. Difficult? Yes. But that's the way it works.

Best advice given.

Just sayin'...

"Keeping a candle lit"

"RIP Butkus"
2002-2006

Danger: Propane
Keep Back 200 Feet
Old 05-17-2007, 01:48 PM
R.I.P.
Never Forget - 343

Timmy, you need THIS

Old 05-17-2007, 01:49 PM
Bard of the 43 Words

Last Cigar Smoked: 5 Vegas Miami
TimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2k king View Post
better hope she doesn't click on your pc history. if she sees this thread, you'll definitely be ridin alone....even in bed.
No issue there, I have my lap top & she has hers.
Since I use it for work too, and I got 'secret snake shite' on it,
I tell her that she can't use it because of company security policy.
Sometimes, I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire46
Couples do need quality time together ESPECIALLY when they have kids.
Yep, wish she would realize that more. She got her AAS in Medical Billing & Coding back in Feb., and she was hell-bent to immediately go for her BS in Healthcare Management. She's been doing college all on-line. It took me 12 years, actually 8 years of attending college, but 12 years from start to finish to get my B.S. in CIS, She's on track to getting her B.S. by the end of next year for a total of 3.5 years of going to college.
I think one of the strains I feel is being the sole-income provider. It may have worked in "Leave It To Beaver" days, but its tough in the 21st century, especially in northern VA.
2003 FXD aka 'Wild Blue'
"Ask not what Doof Clenas can do for you, but what you can do for Doof Clenas." TimmyD (2006)

Old 05-17-2007, 01:53 PM
Bard of the 43 Words

TimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suck
Quote:

I be getting better advice in DooFLand then from any shrink.
Plus it's not costing me $100/hour.
2003 FXD aka 'Wild Blue'
"Ask not what Doof Clenas can do for you, but what you can do for Doof Clenas." TimmyD (2006)

Old 05-17-2007, 01:58 PM
Jams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyD View Post
Boop did you stay at a Holiday In Express ?
Old 05-17-2007, 02:06 PM
Woody218

Tim, how would you feel if you found out your wife was making plans to go riding with some 20 yr. old guy she knew, and not telling you about it? I'll bet you'd be hurt, angry and upset. Your wife would feel the same if you took some 20 yr. old woman out riding for a day, an hour, or around the block.

Never do anything to your wife that you wouldn't want her doing to you.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:14 PM
Ghost-Faced Doof

Deejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody218 View Post
Never do anything to your wife that you wouldn't want her doing to you.

This is true about 98% of the time.... the other 2% should not need to be explained.

Old 05-17-2007, 05:15 PM
R.I.P.
chemo toddy

y2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milk
if the marriage isn't working out.......end it. don't be runnin around even if ya think the divorce is in the near future. another woman will definitely mess up any judgment ya got left. i speak from experience.

Old 05-17-2007, 05:57 PM
Doof Babe
Grenade Launcher
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: Does second-hand count?
Boop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyD View Post
Obviously my bill hasn't arrived yet.

W.W.B.D?

Boop-Oop-A-Doof
Old 05-17-2007, 11:02 PM
Bard of the 43 Words

I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in...

Wow, so many things to address.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyone who has responded since my last post
What'cha said
All sound advice, some alittle brutal, but I had it coming when I started this thread, and I expected it too.
A little advice concerning "do unto others..etc" is always welcome also.

Ya every hear the line about 'sometimes your mind goes to places it should not go'. Well, that looks like where I have been lately.
I am sure I am not the only one of us who is having a rough patch. However, I am the only one stupid enough (or brave enough) to air it in a public forum. I guess we have found a truly taboo subject in DoofLand.

Regardless, riding is my only pressure release valve.
I do want to take this one girl for a ride on my bike...
...as soon as I buy a helmet, boots & leather, and check state laws concerning if I am allowed to have my (almost) 4 y.o. daughter on my bike. I also think they sell a harnesses too.
2003 FXD aka 'Wild Blue'

Old 05-18-2007, 06:09 AM
R.I.P.
<--- Captain Itch!

Red Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2k king View Post
if the marriage isn't working out.......end it. don't be runnin around even if ya think the divorce is in the near future. another woman will definitely mess up any judgment ya got left. i speak from experience.
Agreed Y2 - been there too.

Timmy, if you love your wife - stick with her. Boop gave you some very sound advice and some real insight into a woman's perspective. If you hate your wife, which you don't, then get out. I did, but it was - and is painful, hurts the kids, and is very, very, very, very, expensive and emotionally time consuming. In a hateful relationship all the agony may be worth it, but otherwise you'll regret takin that path. No doubt we all have our temptations, but it ain't worth acting on them it if you value your marriage and your kids.

I've felt your pain man.

'Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.' - William Penn

I want to live and ride free, unencumbered by all but God's love.
'06' FLSTNI, $43 per gallon!