Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Headers & Exhaust
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 11-17-2008, 01:42 PM
GazintA

TerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milk
2 into 1's help a little at the low end and seemingly a lot at over 5,00rpm.

If that was the only consideration it would be a no brainer, but it's not. If HP was the only consideration you'd see a lot more Jim's 120's and S&S 124's in baggers. Mine goes well enough for what I use it for. The deuce is for fun.

Engine by Otto.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:44 PM
Lost, and not found

SIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasilva View Post
"That build" is a stock 88" with a powercommander.

For clarification for all of you who are now in love with true duals.
a)Monkey Boy never mentions that his bike is other than a stock 07 96", based on that I stand by true duals being a poor choice for power compared to slip ons with the stock head pipes. Later we find out he has a modified engine.

b)How many of you with performance builds chose true duals? If you did choose them can you honestly say you did it because they would give you MORE power than a 2 into 1?

c)How many tuners actually RECOMMEND true duals when asked about performance exhaust?

d)With the information added by MB the true duals make more sense, since he wants freer flowing exhaust for heat management and likes the sound.
Hey jasilva,

Thanks for your concern. I had these concerns and researched this to come to my conclusion.

1. Take a look at the Dealer Feedback section on this site, the JD CYCLEWORKS post, then look at the dyno tune on a 96" with 26H cams and true duals that Dave tuned. Looks good enough for real world riding to me, plus good sound and reduction of heat.

2. Now, go to your room! We'll call you for dinner later.

MEDIOCRITY KNOWS NOTHING HIGHER THAN ITSELF
Old 11-17-2008, 01:44 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Probably since it was a Dynojet canned map, but then so is the one I'm using with the pro pipe until I do the build next week.

Wasn't dyno'd. Will be when the build is done. Bet you'd see more power with different pipes, if your happy with them that's cool but that doesn't mean they are the optimum choice.
OK, I'm actually starting to see this as argumentative and trollish, which probably isn't a good thing.

This was all that was asked:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMPLYCONFUSED View Post
Thinking of true duals for my 07 FLHRS, but what is the difference between Rinehart & Bub7? Same website, looks to be same design, but price difference.
You made assumptions and went off on a rant, then blamed him for not being forthcoming, baiting and switching you?
Come the fukc on.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:46 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Last Cigar Smoked: Banana pudding after some baby back ribs
jasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryMiller View Post
2 into 1's help a little at the low end and seemingly a lot at over 5,00rpm.

If that was the only consideration it would be a no brainer, but it's not. If HP was the only consideration you'd see a lot more Jim's 120's and S&S 124's in baggers. Mine goes well enough for what I use it for. The deuce is for fun.
Again see what I posted above. With the limited information that Monkey Boy gave until like post 25 the true duals were a poor choice in my opinion. Your bike is far from a stock 88" or even 96", but that is all that we knew about MB's bike until much later in the discussion.

Separated at birth? You decide
Old 11-17-2008, 01:49 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Last Cigar Smoked: Banana pudding after some baby back ribs
jasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGlide View Post
OK, I'm actually starting to see this as argumentative and trollish, which probably isn't a good thing.

This was all that was asked:

You made assumptions and went off on a rant, then blamed him for not being forthcoming, baiting and switching you?
Come the fukc on.

Don't bunch up your panties, I made a comment on true duals. You also made some obnoxious comments. I ain't trolling but if you want to argue the merits of a pipe and tell me I'm full of shit or words to that effect then I'll come back with my reasoning. Don't like it? Then don't join in the argument. Sorry I'm not gonna salute you as the all knowing god of v twins. As far as calling me a troll, save that for face to face.

Separated at birth? You decide
Old 11-17-2008, 01:49 PM
Lost, and not found

SIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Again see what I posted above. With the limited information that Monkey Boy gave until like post 25 the true duals were a poor choice in my opinion. Your bike is far from a stock 88" or even 96", but that is all that we knew about MB's bike until much later in the discussion.
Ooopps, forgot to mention it. I also have the license plate lowering kit.

Old 11-17-2008, 01:53 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Ooopps, forgot to mention it. I also have the license plate lowering kit.
and it really is a perty blue, with chrome.
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 11-17-2008, 01:55 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Don't bunch up your panties, I made a comment on true duals. You also made some obnoxious comments. I ain't trolling but if you want to argue the merits of a pipe and tell me I'm full of shit or words to that effect then I'll come back with my reasoning. Don't like it? Then don't join in the argument. Sorry I'm not gonna salute you as the all knowing god of v twins. As far as calling me a troll, save that for face to face.
A threat gets a member 3 days.
A second threat gets a permanent ban.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:13 PM
Lost, and not found

Oh well, I guess I should come clean on this whole true duals thing.

1. The chubby woman across the street thinks I am childish (o/k, maybe), so the sound true duals should disrupt her quite a bit on those early morning rides.

2. One of my friends has Reinhart True Duals, so I want to make as much noise as him (because I'm childish).

3. Heat reduction of true duals does count for something, but mostly that is the excuse I give my wife for another senseless outlay of money. (She lets me think I'm really making sense).

4. The Reinhart True Duals sound like I'm going faster than I really am.

4. Aahhh.........I just forget what I was talking about.

Old 11-17-2008, 02:22 PM
GazintA

TerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milk
If ya like the sound of the Rineharts then go for it.

Hornrocker liked the sound of mine when I blew past him and KingThrasher.

The guy that had them before me didn't like them and went with V&H headpipes and some slip ons. Ovals I think.

The only complaint I have is I keep hitting my right side heel on the heat shield. That's easily cured, but I keep thinking I'll teach myself not to do it.

Engine by Otto.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:37 PM
GazintA

One more thing ya may want to consider is the Rinehart head pipes will only fit the Rinehart muffler. I'm not sure about the Bub7's.

If ya go with V&H head pipes it'll accept any muffler that fits on a stock headpipe.

Engine by Otto.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:42 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:

1. The chubby woman across the street thinks I am childish (o/k, maybe), so the sound true duals should disrupt her quite a bit on those early morning rides.
thats why I put straight pipes on the low rider, I roll it into the street and let it idle for the allowed 5 minutes, its the fun I get living in a townhouse.
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 11-17-2008, 03:05 PM
Pirate Hunter

AGlocker is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAGlocker is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAGlocker is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAGlocker is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAGlocker is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAGlocker is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAGlocker is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAGlocker is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAGlocker is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAGlocker is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAGlocker is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:

4. Aahhh.........I just forget what I was talking about.
I like the way you think.....
Old 11-17-2008, 03:10 PM
Woody218

My '07 Ultra really came alive with V & H True Dual headpipes and V & H Oval mufflers. I tried the mufflers with the stock head pipes, it ran good, but, it runs better with the True Duals. Was there a low end torque loss? My ass says "NO". Also, the heat issue became a non-issue.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:39 PM
Lost, and not found

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGlocker View Post
I like the way you think.....
Thanks, I take the same silly pills as y2kflhr.