Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Handlebars, Grips, Cables...
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 05-14-2009, 07:03 PM
Double-D

DaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milk
Throttle return to idle

I just got my bike back from warranty service at the dealer. The problem was with the ABS braking on the bike. They originally thought that I had pinched a wire while installing the Kury grips on the the bike. They later found a short in the headlight nacelle and that appears to have solved my problem with the ABS.

The newest item that has my attention is my throttle. It returns to idle very slowly or just hangs there like a throttle lock. It has very little drag to return it to idle, but I don't like it. It doesn't seem right, kind of a poor mans cruise control.

Ich bin Sven Hoek.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:05 PM
Hmmm...

Serg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sock
Is it the fly by wire setup? or cables?

Old 05-14-2009, 07:07 PM
Double-D

DaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milk
Cables, he has one rigged too tight.

Ich bin Sven Hoek.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:12 PM
Hmmm...

Serg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sock
I would take both cables off and check the free play. And wile your at it and the cables are off, twist the throttle and see it it's the throttle itself getting hung up. Maybe dirt or crap under there.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:18 PM
Double-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serg06 View Post
I would take both cables off and check the free play. And wile your at it and the cables are off, twist the throttle and see it it's the throttle itself getting hung up. Maybe dirt or crap under there.
Will do, there was no issue until the dealer worked on it.

Ich bin Sven Hoek.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:20 PM
Hmmm...

Do you have a bat wing??? If you do they may have got the throttle cables caught up inside.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:21 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Do a search for a post by me on adjusting them.
I'll race you to it...

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:31 PM
Double-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGlide View Post
Do a search for a post by me on adjusting them.
I'll race you to it...
Hell, I just got here. You'll beat me to it. Me thinks that you wanted me to do a search first.

When it comes to the dealers warranty work and fudge up, I thought it was semi post worthy.

I shall go seek the post now.

Ich bin Sven Hoek.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:37 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
No, I was just too lazy to go find it to answer you.
Turns out it wasn't even posted here.

Quick and dirty, put slack in the idle cable, adjust the throttle cable 'til the throttle is wide open (cam hits stop on throttle body) before the grip hits its internal stop in the throttle housing. Then adjust the idle cable until you've got the play you want in the grip AND it returns every time regardless of the psn of the bars (L, R, Straight), then back it off another 1/2 turn, just to be sure it ain't gonna bind.
Make sure it doesn't rev when you turn the bars, too...

Old 05-14-2009, 07:37 PM
Double-D

Maybe this one............................

http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/sho...7t+return+idle

Ich bin Sven Hoek.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:44 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSkip View Post
Maybe this one............................

http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/sho...7t+return+idle
Nah, I answered that one by phone...

Old 05-14-2009, 07:51 PM
Double-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGlide View Post
Nah, I answered that one by phone...

Man, there's no winnin' with you..........................: roflback:

I'll hit the manual tomorrow at work. At this point, I'd feel better if I did the work.

: ^ )

Ich bin Sven Hoek.

Old 05-14-2009, 10:46 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Lubing the cables, wouldn't hurt either.

Besides checking the tensioner, and cable adjustment.