Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Brakes, Rotors & Calipers
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 07-18-2009, 10:09 PM
not Lady G, but....

route66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
3 red lights to the rear like that sometimes just blend together and the side blinking doesn't register to people with bad eyes, tired or old people(just the people you want to see you).

Ambner lights to the rear always mean something, so blinking amber stands out from the solid red. A couple of added amber lights for blinker lights(you can have red and amber blinkers), or just add a pair of red lights to hook up to that unit would give a lot more light. I like the lights setup between the bags and the fender. They are invisable until they start blinking, amber gets attention.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." (Tacitus, Roman historian 55-117 A.D.)

Original 43%er

CAT HERDER GORGE CROSSER SKYLINE

My buddy!
Old 07-18-2009, 10:14 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Turn signals is not what I'm worried about. It's stopping/slowing I want to make sure they see/know that's what I'm doing. Believe every state requires any light used as a stop light be red, not amber.

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 07-18-2009, 10:17 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
OK, remember, I don't have regular turn signals...Those tiny little things at the end of the fender struts are the turns....I'll be adding a taillight that has integrated turns, but (I think) everything is amber and can't be changed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bike0509 004.jpg (77.4 KB, 31 views)

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 07-18-2009, 10:19 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Time to punt...

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 07-18-2009, 10:30 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabbydoo View Post
Time to punt...
Well that's why I was asking about just the brake light flasher. Not only don't I think the run/brake/turn thing will work, I don't think it's legal to use with amber.

Your bike's faster than mine, which explains why you don't remember what my taillights look like.

Old 07-19-2009, 12:11 AM
Turd Wrangler

APDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoney61 View Post
How does it work with single filament bulbs?
I was told that I could use the single or dual filament bulbs. I use the single and they work fine.

Quote:
Turn signals is not what I'm worried about. It's stopping/slowing I want to make sure they see/know that's what I'm doing. Believe every state requires any light used as a stop light be red, not amber.
Right, here in Virginia it is illegal to have solid yellow in the rear or for brake lights. I had smoke lenses and I had to find red bulbs.

60% of the time it works every time.

I can't complain, sometimes I still do, life's been good to me so far.

Old 07-19-2009, 08:54 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by APDBagger View Post
Right, here in Virginia it is illegal to have solid yellow in the rear or for brake lights. I had smoke lenses and I had to find red bulbs.
It's my understanding that's universal.

I know my turn signals are tiny (Backroad Mike made the comment when we were going to Bethlehem), so I'm dealing with that with the new plate frame which has integrated turns. But I've seen guys with the flashing brake light, and that looks like it'd help with the stopping visibility.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:31 AM
Natural born delinquent

RKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
I use <this> (100HD) with the HD running light kit Scabby mentioned...

I have to whisper this so Thorn's doesn't hear but, you can get it at Bob's

~ Royal Order of Knights d'Catnip ~

E PLURIBUS DOOFUM
Old 07-19-2009, 09:54 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Actually Tim, your bike is one of the ones I noticed with the flashing lights. So that just goes inline to the brake light? Do you have that under the seat or back in the taillight assembly?

Old 07-19-2009, 10:33 AM
Natural born delinquent

RKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by '05Train View Post
Actually Tim, your bike is one of the ones I noticed with the flashing lights. So that just goes inline to the brake light? Do you have that under the seat or back in the taillight assembly?
Yep, inline to the light, module is up under the seat.

I tried one of their all-in-one bulbs. IMO, wouldn't go that route...

E PLURIBUS DOOFUM
Old 07-19-2009, 10:41 AM
Breaker of Stuff

I have no bulbs, so that's not an option anyway.

I wonder if there's any more room under the seat.....

Old 07-19-2009, 10:46 AM
Natural born delinquent

It's not very big. Here's a pic...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0569.JPG (256.4 KB, 16 views)

E PLURIBUS DOOFUM
Old 07-19-2009, 10:46 AM
Double-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKotter View Post
....I tried one of their all-in-one bulbs. IMO, wouldn't go that route...
Why not? Was thinking about using the bulb just on the taillight and leaving the turn/running/brake solid red.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:58 AM
Natural born delinquent

Quote:
Why not? Was thinking about using the bulb just on the taillight and leaving the turn/running/brake solid red.
I got the 30W-D. Bulb got so hot it cracked that black plastic housing that contained the electronics.

That's how mine works. I just made sure I spliced it into the wire after the plug-and-play H-D thingamabob.

E PLURIBUS DOOFUM
Old 07-19-2009, 11:17 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Yeah.....my underseat area looks like a rat's nest.....And I've got a load equalizer under there I need to work around as well.