Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > Computer Talk
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Computer Talk Have a computer question, problem or internet issue? The computer talk is here.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:42 AM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
SD card reader question...

when i put the SD card from my camera into the slot in my computer, a window pops up asking what and where i want to open it...
this morning, the window doesnt pop up...put the card in several times...

where do i go to open it...looked at the Programs list, and Computer, but cant find anything...

Drat...!

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep

Old 02-24-2010, 11:45 AM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
You should have some type of photo software on your PC, either from Windows, the camera you use or something else. Insert the card, open the photo software and select "upload" or other similar command.

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 02-24-2010, 11:47 AM
Just breakin' balls

71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk
Mine shows up in "computer"..Just never format your card with data on it, i lost a shitload of pics that way.

I wanna live forever...So far so good

Stoney61 is a Demi God

I'm not bald, it's a solar panel for a sex machine!
Old 02-24-2010, 11:53 AM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
The SD card should be able to be read like any other disk. You shouldn't need extra software to read it.

Somehow windows has lost the refernce to the correct driver.

Shutdown the computer, insert the SD card into the slot and then reboot. This should force windows update to look for the driver again and provide the correct reference.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:53 AM
snow pirate

Last Cigar Smoked: No thanks.
stoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Rub some dirt on it.

ALL WHO WANDER ARE NOT LOST.

GFFG
Old 02-24-2010, 11:59 AM
Executive Vice President
D.F.F.D

Last Cigar Smoked: Romeo y Julieta Churchill
BillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
What Durl said

Old 02-24-2010, 12:01 PM
Just breakin' balls

71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyB View Post
What Durl said
What Billy said that Durl said

I wanna live forever...So far so good

Stoney61 is a Demi God

I'm not bald, it's a solar panel for a sex machine!
Old 02-24-2010, 12:23 PM
Hand Wringer

FinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Click "Start".
Click Computer. It should show up as D or E drive.
Open it.

*Sensitive at all times.

Old 02-24-2010, 01:41 PM
Double-D

BigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71baldboy View Post
What Billy said that Durl said
What Ange said that Billy said Durl said

gaZinTa OF THE YEAR 2007
gaZinTa OF THE YEAR 2015

Last edited by BigTOE; 02-24-2010 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Titanic...deck chairs
Old 02-24-2010, 01:48 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
spray it with windex
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 02-24-2010, 02:46 PM
Confirmed Luddite

Last Cigar Smoked: Snack Pack Tapioca
Uesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Windows Explorer should also see it.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:24 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Did you recently get a new SD card, maybe a 4gig or larger?
The bigger SD cards are actually "SDHC" or high capacity and the card reader has to support the new format. A standard SD card reader will not 'see' the HC cards. You can get a hybrid SD/SDHC USB style reader dirt cheap. My desktop won't read the HCs but my new laptop will.
Hope this helps.

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 02-24-2010, 08:30 PM
Doof Babe

Margaritaville is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withMargaritaville is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withMargaritaville is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withMargaritaville is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withMargaritaville is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withMargaritaville is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withMargaritaville is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withMargaritaville is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withMargaritaville is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withMargaritaville is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withMargaritaville is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
If you haven't used that drive in awhile it might have dust in it. That happens with mine sometimes and it is hard for the card to make the connection.

Dana - on the rocks, no salt

Giving money and power to government
is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.
P. J. O'Rourke

]

Old 02-25-2010, 08:53 AM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by masstch View Post
Did you recently get a new SD card, maybe a 4gig or larger?
The bigger SD cards are actually "SDHC" or high capacity and the card reader has to support the new format. A standard SD card reader will not 'see' the HC cards. You can get a hybrid SD/SDHC USB style reader dirt cheap. My desktop won't read the HCs but my new laptop will.
Hope this helps.
Bingo...!

yep, new SDHC 4G card...

i misplaced my favorite Canon SD1000 camera, so i bought a new SD1200 and 4G card
then i found the old camera...

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep

Old 02-25-2010, 10:27 AM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xkvator View Post
Bingo...!

yep, new SDHC 4G card...
Kewl! glad I could help. BTW: most cameras that take SDs also will work with SDHCs. It's the built-in card readers in some computers that are lacking.
Another bit 'o useful stuff: SDHC cards (only) have a new speed rating system; The standard speed SDHC is a "Class 2" the faster ones are rated 4/6/8/10. Don't be misled by claims of "60X" just look for the class making.
Why would you care how fast? Where the difference shows is when you set your camera to take sequentially or rapid-fire. The frames per second will be way better with the higher Class card.

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod