Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Accessories
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Accessories Horns, Pegs, Guards, MP3, Sat. Radio, GPS, etc.

Old 11-07-2010, 11:23 AM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
Road King windshields...

What's a good aftermarket replacement for the stock windshield on a Road King and why is it better?

I've still got the original windshield but it needs to be replaced....

Old 11-07-2010, 11:59 AM
Executive Vice President
D.F.F.D

Last Cigar Smoked: Romeo y Julieta Churchill
BillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I'd recommend one of the Clearview windshields. They have a great reputation and their quality control is insane. Others have had good things to say about Memphis Shades but I don't have any experience with them.

Old 11-07-2010, 12:44 PM
Not So Brave Knight

NSBK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNSBK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNSBK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNSBK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNSBK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNSBK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNSBK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNSBK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNSBK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNSBK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNSBK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Old 11-07-2010, 01:10 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
Get a Clearview and be done

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Creator of the 43 & 7 hand signs...
Original Cat Herder KC.
Old 11-07-2010, 02:10 PM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyB View Post
I'd recommend one of the Clearview windshields. They have a great reputation and their quality control is insane. Others have had good things to say about Memphis Shades but I don't have any experience with them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynageno View Post
Get a Clearview and be done
I'll check out Clearview. Thanks, guys. Got to do something,... I froze my ass off last night on the way back from Galveston.

Old 11-07-2010, 02:18 PM
Doof Clenas Member

Last Cigar Smoked: Probably a Swisher Sweet
Ancient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suck
I use a Clearview Recurve on mine and like it a lot. They are thicker than stock, the recurve works well, and they sell blem's. I bought a blem at a nice discount, and as it turned out, the chrome strip covered the scratch.

Greg
Old 11-07-2010, 02:20 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

ms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher View Post
I'll check out Clearview. Thanks, guys. Got to do something,... I froze my ass off last night on the way back from Galveston.
So other than freezing on the ride home. . .how was the rally?

High Priestess of the Cloudriders
Old 11-07-2010, 02:38 PM
Known Associate

susqy doesn't need a tube socksusqy doesn't need a tube socksusqy doesn't need a tube socksusqy doesn't need a tube socksusqy doesn't need a tube socksusqy doesn't need a tube socksusqy doesn't need a tube socksusqy doesn't need a tube socksusqy doesn't need a tube socksusqy doesn't need a tube socksusqy doesn't need a tube sock
I also got a clearview. Go to their website and type in your model and look for current inventory or something like that. Some of them have little marks and are discounted. If you like to look over the windshield then get a recurve. It helps throw wind just a little higher over your head while letting you still look over the top.
Old 11-07-2010, 02:42 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
You rode into rain sleet at 7,500 ft yesterday also?

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 11-07-2010, 02:43 PM
Double-D

ColdRider doesn't need a tube sockColdRider doesn't need a tube sockColdRider doesn't need a tube sockColdRider doesn't need a tube sockColdRider doesn't need a tube sockColdRider doesn't need a tube sockColdRider doesn't need a tube sockColdRider doesn't need a tube sockColdRider doesn't need a tube sockColdRider doesn't need a tube sockColdRider doesn't need a tube sock
I bought a Memphis Shades replacement after I caught a large rock with my original. Price was a big factor.

I bought the tallest one I could, then put a piece of masking tape across and kept adjusting the height of the tape as I rode. When I got it right where I wanted it, I taped and padded the lexan and cut it on my bandsaw. Polished the edges with some fine sand paper and it came out great.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:45 PM
Somewhat Bionic

Last Cigar Smoked: Hoyo De Monterrey Robusto
Big Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdRider View Post
I bought a Memphis Shades replacement after I caught a large rock with my original. Price was a big factor.

I bought the tallest one I could, then put a piece of masking tape across and kept adjusting the height of the tape as I rode. When I got it right where I wanted it, I taped and padded the lexan and cut it on my bandsaw. Polished the edges with some fine sand paper and it came out great.
Why didn't I think of that?

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting '..holy sh*t ....what a ride!' - George Carlin

Old 11-08-2010, 10:35 AM
natural-born world-shaker

Location: Mobile literally and figuratively, Alabama; working in Shanghai and Germany
Last Cigar Smoked: tobacco
thedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Windvest

Old 11-08-2010, 08:55 PM
El Errante

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_tapestry View Post
So other than freezing on the ride home. . .how was the rally?
I had fun. I ran into a few people I knew, and even one person from work. I took the long way home along the coast at sunset.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:01 PM
El Errante

Quote:
Originally Posted by susqy View Post
I also got a clearview. Go to their website and type in your model and look for current inventory or something like that. Some of them have little marks and are discounted. If you like to look over the windshield then get a recurve. It helps throw wind just a little higher over your head while letting you still look over the top.
Hmmm....

Now I'm on the fence about the recurve. I wonder if it throws the rain, along with the wind up and over your head. Did you get the recurve for your Road King?

Old 11-08-2010, 09:21 PM
El Errante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Iron View Post
I use a Clearview Recurve on mine and like it a lot. They are thicker than stock, the recurve works well, and they sell blem's. I bought a blem at a nice discount, and as it turned out, the chrome strip covered the scratch.
Do you notice less wind buffeting with the Clearview vs the stock? How does the recurve work in the rain?