Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Important Stuff > Safety and Group Riding Standards for ALL DOOFAPALOOZAS, FESTS, HWY 43 RIDES, ETC. > Rider Safety
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Rider Safety Add your threads and comments HERE!!!

Old 04-30-2007, 06:45 PM
What you lookin' at!?!?!?

Jeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
HI all.

Thank you all for your kind wishes for a speedy recovery, it means more then you will ever know.

Some have asked about what safety equipment i had on.
I had a brand new Snell rated HJC CL-SP full face helmet. I got this helmet because of the polycarbonate construction, and it was very close to the color of my bike.
I had a new American made Harley Leather jacket w/ my HOG Night vision patches.
Harley winter/spring gloves (The ones that have removable cuffs)
Leather Harley chaps, Harley riding jeans and Red wing Boots.

Dang, don't I look the add for Harley clothing.

I spent the day dealing with first mine, then the other guys Insurance and i was very careful what i said, only saying that the doctors didn't find any broken bones, the rest we would have to wait and see.
I also told them I was going to my Chiropractor tomorrow.
I also had to file an accident report with the DMV (Required within 72 hours by law) I always enjoy my visits to the foreign country known as the DVM, so far i have always ben able to find someone that speaks English.

I also went to the dealership to see my bike once again and to have the motorclothes to inspect my gear for damage.
The helmet took the brunt of it, we will need a new one.
The crotch of my paints was torn open(Thank god I had clean Undies, and that they still were) and the rest seems to have fair quite well, no tears or such.

All in all, I am very lucky guy.

Offically Old enough to ride a Geezer-Glide.
(Geezer-glide is a registered trademark of Harley Davidson Tour bikes, Any reference to a member of the DooF Clena of other forum screen name is strictly accidental. The reference is that I ride a Harley Davdison Tour bike, not some old dude that there is not enough alcohol in the world to get me to ride.)

Doctor JT 43

Eastern side
Profesional Rockat Surgen

Old 04-30-2007, 08:16 PM
Ms.B's cabana boy

Axe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Sorry to hear about your "unscheduled flight", but I too am glad you're still with us.... take care of yourself...

Axe-man!/Jeff Seal

...swords and tequila carry me through the fight!

"Patriot Guard Rider" and damn proud to Honor those who are serving, or have served the greatest country in the world!!...
Old 04-30-2007, 09:48 PM
Excommunicated

Bofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I'm glad you are ok. Thanks for sharing your story so others can remain "more aware". I've always thought about the JUMP idea, makes sense to me.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:07 PM
8-Ball

So... are you going '07 or '08?
Old 05-01-2007, 10:11 AM
Nucking Futz

Vilhelm has failed to amuse us
Sorry to hear about this, but am glad your ok! That area around the mall an 217 can be crazy, I've had a close call in nearly the same spot. Thank the Lord for Angels!
Old 05-04-2007, 02:04 AM

Jeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Well, I got the estimate from the dealer today....

This must be a gAZINTa conspiracy!

I guess i will shopping for a new bike soon.

(Geezer-glide is a registered trademark of Harley Davidson Tour bikes, Any reference to a member of the DooF Clena of other forum screen name is strictly accidental. The reference is that I ride a Harley Davdison Tour bike, not some old dude that there is not enough alcohol in the world to get me to ride.)

Doctor JT 43

Eastern side

Old 05-04-2007, 07:07 AM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
ouch!

maybe my eyes are going bad, but from the pics, it looks like the front end and tins took the damage, is the frame bent? Hope your body is not aching too much, always hurts a few days later after the shock wears off. Good luck in your hunt for a new ride!
Old 05-06-2007, 07:57 AM
D.O.R.K.

rraymond has failed to amuse us
Jeff,
You are soooooo lucky. I hate hearing stories of bike accidents but this one definitely turned out ok... at least for you, not so much for the bike. Get well soon!

Rick..."Do it On a Road King"
Old 05-08-2007, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kflhr View Post
maybe my eyes are going bad, but from the pics, it looks like the front end and tins took the damage, is the frame bent? Hope your body is not aching too much, always hurts a few days later after the shock wears off. Good luck in your hunt for a new ride!
Bent the frame, took out the oil cooler, broke a fin in the lead cylinder among other things.

Doctor JT 43

Eastern side

Old 05-08-2007, 06:38 PM

Hi all.

well after a sleepless night and my back in full spasm, I went home to Ice it down and called the Insurance company.
Once Again i did not get a hold of the gal handling the claim, but I got her supervisor, and she explained to me that the price they came to was 16,659.00 as a fair market price for my bike.

My own research lead me to the figure 16,800.00 as the best case offer.

To my mind, there offer is fair enough and I will take it, I really thought they would try to low ball me, but I think they realise that there guy was totally at fault, and since i am not costing them 50K a day in Intensive care, better keep me happy less I get a lawyer.

This does not include my riding gear, medical, pain & suffering or lost wages.

I will say to this point that Liberty Mutual has ben very fair with me.

So my poor girl is going to be put to rest, i hate this, I really liked that bike, and the company said i could remove a couple personal Items, so i will have a bit of her that will got on my new bike.

The dealer has my new bike in the back room, a Pacific Blue E-Glide standard.

I choice this color to honor the memory of my old bike, too many memories on that Red one, and i have now removed her from my Signature to help start the processes of moving on.

I am going to miss her.....funny how we get attached to a piece of Metal ain't it.

Doctor JT 43

Eastern side

Old 05-08-2007, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
So... are you going '07 or '08?

This one right here, 2007 FLHT.

Doctor JT 43

Eastern side

Old 05-08-2007, 07:11 PM
Under Construction

Last Cigar Smoked: Robert Burns Blackwatch, in the '70s
TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffytune View Post

This one right here, 2007 FLHT.
I do like that color.
Somewhat dilapidated, yet functional, Kubota L2500
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
'02 Wrangler X, 4" lift on 33 x 12.50s
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140
Felt Nine 50
Killin' more bees than Monsanto
Old 05-08-2007, 07:15 PM
Clubhouse Electrician

Q-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Jeffy...man I'm glad you are OK.
I really...and mean really liked seeing that bike in your sig.

The bike is only a thing.
But the Doofs still have Our Profesional Rockat Surgen !!!!
Old 05-08-2007, 08:08 PM
Yes, they are Real.......

harleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sock
Glad you are feelin' better and lookin' at another bike............

Oh yea

Got to Report ya for wanting the same color bike as Mega's...............

just sayin'

Keeper Of The Toast
2006 Post Whore Of The Year

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS........
Old 05-08-2007, 09:52 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Jeffy, best thing is, you're around to break in a new scoot.

oh, and another reminder not to forget to get the bell and 43 Cover of the old one.

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me