Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Engine & Transmission
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 02-15-2009, 04:13 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by '05Train View Post
Dana's eyes sort of glazed over as I was talking about my long-term plans for the bike. But she understands (or at least accepts) the way I feel about it and about riding, so she lets me have my fun. And the bonus is that she enjoys being a passenger.
Thats what it's all about.. Hope she still feels that way after you start doing the upgrade.. Remember, everything is absolutely necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer-Glide View Post
Bastage! Now I'm gonna have to go 113..................................

You were going 113 anyway. FYI - I saw some 4.060 cylinders on the zippers clearance list last week. Price was pretty sweet.

Kimber

Old 02-15-2009, 08:06 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
She thinks the new wheels look badass. I think she'll be good until I hit her with the price tag for the big build......

Then I'll tell her that there'll be damage if I don't take care of the "problem".

hehehehehehe

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 02-15-2009, 08:42 PM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbkodiak View Post
Thats what it's all about.. Hope she still feels that way after you start doing the upgrade.. Remember, everything is absolutely necessary.

You were going 113 anyway. FYI - I saw some 4.060 cylinders on the zippers clearance list last week. Price was pretty sweet.
Unfortunately, unless Mega Millions or PowerBall comes my way soon, I ain't doin' much more than an oil change.

Meng

TKWSV

Old 02-15-2009, 08:53 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by '05Train View Post
She thinks the new wheels look badass. I think she'll be good until I hit her with the price tag for the big build......

Then I'll tell her that there'll be damage if I don't take care of the "problem".

hehehehehehe
Hope she doesn't read these posts.

Quote:
Unfortunately, unless Mega Millions or PowerBall comes my way soon, I ain't doin' much more than an oil change.
I hear ya. I'd like to do something with the suspension, but that isn't going to happen soon either.

Kimber

Old 02-15-2009, 09:00 PM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
I hear ya. I'd like to do something with the suspension, but that isn't going to happen soon either.
Call me when you're ready. I got your fix!

Meng

TKWSV

Old 02-16-2009, 11:50 AM
Original Delinquent

Quote:
Call me when you're ready. I got your fix!
Count on it. Thanks.

Kimber

Old 03-16-2009, 08:22 PM
Original Delinquent

Just a note on recent country riding. 2 up, 65-70* day and a lazy 55-60 mph ride through some nice scenic areas. 42 mpg.

Kimber

Old 03-16-2009, 10:02 PM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Just a note on recent country riding. 2 up, 65-70* day and a lazy 55-60 mph ride through some nice scenic areas. 42 mpg.
Not bad Mike, especially considering your build ....

I tested mine last week ....

it was about 80* ... 200 miles, 1 up, hot rodding and WOT ANYTIME the URGE hit me. About 40 miles was on the expressway, the rest was county highways .. I got it about 44 MPG ............. before the build, I used to run right at 50MPG .....

my guess is, when I get back to riding steady throttle again, whenever, if EVER, , I might get closer to the upper 40's .... who cares LOL

LOVE the PERFORMANCE of my bike !!!! MY GAWD ,,,, who would have EVER thunk that this bike could act like that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

States I've ridden my scoots in:

Old 03-17-2009, 03:38 AM
Original Delinquent

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxr4mikey View Post
I got it about 44 MPG ............. before the build, I used to run right at 50MPG .....

my guess is, when I get back to riding steady throttle again, whenever, if EVER, , I might get closer to the upper 40's .... who cares LOL

LOVE the PERFORMANCE of my bike !!!! MY GAWD ,,,, who would have EVER thunk that this bike could act like that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Before I junked the Nikasil crap, there were a couple tanks of 30 mpg, man that sucked.

Steady throttle, Yeah, that's not as easy as some people think.

Congrats Mikey

Kimber

Old 03-19-2009, 03:14 PM
Original Delinquent

Quote:
Bastage! Now I'm gonna have to go 113..................................
Steve;

I found something for you:

S/E Bigger Bore cylinders (4.060) & flat top (forged) pistons. Makes a 113 TC with a S/E 4.375 flywheels. Includes
head & base gaskets & cross bolt. $400.00 + shipping to lower 48 states.

PM and I'll give the the location.

and it's all new stuff too.

Kimber