Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Suspension
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Suspension Shocks, Forks, Front Ends, Stabilizers, etc...

Old 03-18-2007, 08:16 PM
Permanently Pissy

billymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Wide Fork Conversion Kit...

Thinking of spacing my narrow Super Glide forks out to a wide via a triple tree conversion kit. I had also thought about going with a raked triple tree but have ruled that out - - to many negatives re: the impact on true rake / trail safety/stability.

Anyone done this before? What is the pain in the arse factor?

2010 Ultra Classic, Sunglow Red
Curb Feelers and Pine Scent Air Freshener
Yammy TTR-230 Just for fun...

Old 03-18-2007, 10:22 PM
Just breakin' balls

71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk
Just as easy to replace the whole front end, some pretty nice deals online.
Personally i'm not a fan of WG trees on 39mm fork tubes. What size tubes does the 05 model have?

I wanna live forever...So far so good

Stoney61 is a Demi God

I'm not bald, it's a solar panel for a sex machine!
Old 03-18-2007, 10:41 PM
Jams

I am all for personalizing a bike to meet your tastes --- but sometimes it is better to stick with what you got unless you crunched the entire front end on the Super Glide and just happen to have a entire front end off a Wide Glide to swap out with.
You will need to change headlights and I am not sure if there is any difference in frame geometry but for one thing I assure you that your Super Glide corners a whole lot better than a Wide Glide.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:04 PM
Just breakin' balls

71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk
i think that has more to do with the Superglides rake Jams.
a fork brace would help also.

I wanna live forever...So far so good

Stoney61 is a Demi God

I'm not bald, it's a solar panel for a sex machine!

Last edited by 71baldboy; 03-18-2007 at 11:16 PM.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:19 PM
Jams

The front end on a Super Glide won't want to pogo on you in hard corners like a Wide Glide front end will.
I may be wrong but the frame specs may be a little different between them and that may not be enough to make a difference but why make the big conversion if all a guy wants is a WG?
It would be easier to make a trade in than do all the changes ---- unless the plan is to do a complete custom re-design.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:26 AM
Permanently Pissy

billymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Thanks guys. I'm listening......

2010 Ultra Classic, Sunglow Red
Curb Feelers and Pine Scent Air Freshener
Yammy TTR-230 Just for fun...