Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > MotoCamping
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

MotoCamping A forum where we swap campground reviews, trip reports, equipment reviews, bike packing, safety, NF, SF, State and National Park reviews, blahblahblah...

Old 02-18-2010, 09:45 PM
Pu Dekcuf Lla

PeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Campground Review - Lizzard Creek Campground, Garnd Teton NP

What can I say, Awesome. It is a small National park campground nestled on the North side of Grand Teton NP almost on the border with Yellowstone NP. It is small, was not growded with private wooded sites. The south side of the campground sits along yellowstone lake with many lakeside sites. Some are walk in, some drive up, we drove into a walk in with the bikes and got no crap from the rangers. There is an ample supply of fresh water and bear cans for food, there are bathrooms around but ya got to walk a bit. There is a host on site, firewood for sale and the host will deliver it on his golfcart. The place is full of animals, mostly Mule deer and they could care less about you being there. There are bears, we saw ones ass, and the ground squirrels will steal your toilet paper and food if you let them. They will eat out of your hands. The Rangers do get quite pissy if you leave food out, really pissy, and considering the size of the bears that will come fo it I understand. I did carry bear spray everywhere I went and had a last option in the saddle bag if that failed, but seems the bears are more scared of us. It is a great base camp for yellowstone and Teton, you get to ride and see both from one central location. I highly recommend this place, and bring a fishing rod.

http://www.nps.gov/grte/planyourvisit/campgrounds.htm

Last edited by PeaceKeeper; 02-18-2010 at 09:51 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:56 AM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
I've never had an encounter with a bear while camping,... I've seen plenty of black bears, yes, but never an encounter. I read what is also very effective on an encounter is a 12 gauge flare pistol. Nothing quite like a big ball of high temp burning magnesium.

Sorry for the thread drift off the campgrounds.... I've camped in the Tetons (not off the bike), but never at that campground. Thanks for the review.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:40 AM
Public Doofender

Highmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milk
I don't like to camp in places where something may be inclined to eat me.

Did you know I liked Bobbers?

Old 02-19-2010, 11:42 AM
Double-D
Lone Doof

Last Cigar Smoked: Griffin
RoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milk
Good review Dave. Thanks!

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Old 02-19-2010, 11:45 AM
Pu Dekcuf Lla

PeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmiles View Post
The ground squirrels may nibble on your toes....
Old 02-19-2010, 11:46 AM
Double-D

huckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmiles View Post
You remember that far side cartoon, the one with the bears standing over the 2 guys in sleeping bags, and exclaiming "MMMMMMM SANDWICHES!"

Old 02-19-2010, 11:55 AM
Pu Dekcuf Lla

Quote:
Originally Posted by huckinfog View Post
You remember that far side cartoon, the one with the bears standing over the 2 guys in sleeping bags, and exclaiming "MMMMMMM SANDWICHES!"
Funniest shit I ever seen, big ass bear running from little ole me wit its tail between its legs. WTF Yogi? The Mule deer got bigger balls than the bear up there.. They just lay there and give you that F(*& off look.