Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Doof Clenas > Doofapaloozas > East Coast Doofapalooza 2015 - The Smokies
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

East Coast Doofapalooza 2015 - The Smokies June 18th-21st

Old 06-22-2015, 06:30 PM
Augmented

Last Cigar Smoked: Saf Fran OG
Turbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sock
Happy to see everyone making it home safe and well, kinda sound after so many miles. My arse was in fine shape after riding home. Mines not made of iron or steel either
694 miles direct to Ghetto 2 crib from MV. and 1951 total millage.

L.Ron Hoover Welcomes you to the
First Church of Appliantology
Old 06-22-2015, 07:02 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Band camp...

Say it fast...

I'm still at home...

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 06-22-2015, 07:22 PM
Northeastern Doofdom

silent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the suck
I got 2600 miles out of this adventure. Best of all, I found sound really great roads once I got off the highway.

I'll be uploading pictures soon.

Old 06-22-2015, 07:26 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
East Coast Doofapalooza Hotel and Reservation Info

I'm stating for the record that the next trip to the area (and there should definitely be one) we should look at staying in Cherokee.
Dan and I left MV by heading North on 441 out of Cherikee and saw a ton of cool stuff that we didn't know was there and a river park and a very beautiful road.
Definitely to be considered. I'm sure the hotels are little pricier but there's also handy fast food to save some bucks.
Also, have any of you seen Pigeon Forge?
That's a surprising entertainment option that's close by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod

Last edited by MrSurly; 06-22-2015 at 07:33 PM.
Old 06-22-2015, 07:45 PM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Got home about 7:30. Great seeing everybody! Can't wait till next time!
Old 06-22-2015, 08:39 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
We got home an hour after Warren. Decided to do a little extra riding after we split up south of Covington.

On the way out of Ashville after having breakfast on Fathers Day with my Daughter, we rode over to NC 80. Saw it on the map and thought what the hell. Turn's out, it has a motorcycle name... Devil's Whip. You can look it up on the web. It was fun.

I also lead Warren on quite a few other roads on the way back to VA. NC 194, 261; TN 143, 421 through the snake, then back in VA 58, 16, 21, 52, 42, 61. They are all good.

Oh, and what trip would be complete without a dirt road... I was ready to turn around, but 7 pump said go for it. About 3 miles in we come up on a elderly couple in a ford pickup. He says it's good to the top, but the other side he wouldn't recommend. We lost about an hour+ there, but the ride up and down another route were fun. Also found a resort at the top with cabins, a pool, and some other stuff to research.

All total, with riding to Mikey and Jan's, plus all the detouring to ride the roads I wanted, we put almost 2700 miles on this trip. Had a great time, wish it would have been longer..

Kimber

Last edited by Backroad Mike; 06-23-2015 at 09:08 AM.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:50 PM
Augmented

Last Cigar Smoked: Saf Fran OG
Turbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sock
I rode through, and Pigeon Forge is like a five lane all year round state fair. Crazy!

BOB

L.Ron Hoover Welcomes you to the
First Church of Appliantology
Old 06-22-2015, 09:24 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I stayed home and probably put in less than 100 miles in the last week.

But I didn't fall and break anything, so there is that.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 06-23-2015, 06:53 AM
A Delinquent by Birth

SLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sock
We got home at 1700 last night ,we spent the night in Marion Va. And ride the Back off the Dragon to Tazewell Va. Fun rode over 3 mountian ridges,through some clouds.Took the slab to 29 and followed the GPS the shortest route which ws interesting. No rain yesterday but the Sunday night storm was powerful.1522 miles of fun and exciting roads. See ya all soon.

Old 06-23-2015, 07:11 AM
Northeastern Doofdom

silent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the suck
I took Mike's advice and rode I-26 out of Asheville to Johnson City. From there, I got on US 421 and was rewarded with amazing curves all the way to Mountain City. From there, I connected to TN 91, and from there, VA 58. 58 was even better than 421 and seemed to go forever. Finally I had to get on I-81 and slab it all the way to PA.

Since I had such a good time on back roads that day, I decided to do it again the next day and took back roads all the way from NY to NH and bypass all the usual traffic in CT and Mass. I think that choice was infinitely more enjoyable, and VT 9 has some great sweepers that I didn't know about previously. All of that made up for the lack of riding on Saturday. Best part is I didn't get rained on during the trip home.

Then there was the day that Bob and I went out. Another fantastic day.

And I finally made it to Wheels Thru Time.

Great trip. So much fun. I can't wait for the trip to the Poconos.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:27 AM
S.S.S.

Sleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milk
The Devil's Whip website is blindkenny.com and the lodge at the top of the mountain was Lake Mountain Lodge.