Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Riding Stories and Adventures
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 08-05-2015, 04:53 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

ms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glasses

High Priestess of the Cloudriders
Old 08-05-2015, 08:57 AM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
"L.A. Woman"

Well, I just got into town about an hour ago
Took a look around, see which way the wind blow
Where the little girls in their Hollywood bungalows

Are you a lucky little lady in the City of Light
Or just another lost angel?
City of Night, City of Night,
City of Night, City of Night, woo, c'mon

L.A. Woman, L.A. Woman
L.A. Woman Sunday afternoon
Drive through your suburbs
Into your blues, into your blues, yeah
Into your blue-blue Blues
Into your blues, oh, yeah

I see your hair is burnin'
Hills are filled with fire
If they say I never loved you
You know they are a liar
Drivin' down your freeway
Midnight alleys roam
Cops in cars,
The topless bars
Never saw a woman...
So alone, so alone
So alone, so alone

Motel, money, murder, madness
Let's change the mood from glad to sadness

Mr. Mojo Risin', Mr. Mojo Risin'
Got to keep on risin'
Mojo Risin', gotta Mojo Risin'
Mr. Mojo Risin', gotta keep on risin'
Risin', risin'
Gone risin', risin'
I'm gone risin', risin'
I gotta risin', risin'
Well, risin', risin'
I gotta, wooo, yeah, risin'
Whoa, oh yeah

Well, I just got into town about an hour ago
Took a look around, see which way the wind blow
Where the little girls in their Hollywood bungalows

Are you a lucky little lady in the City of Light
Or just another lost angel?
City of Night, City of Night,
City of Night, City of Night, whoa, c'mon

L.A. Woman, L.A. Woman
L.A. Woman, you're my woman
Little L.A. Woman, Little L.A. Woman
L.A. L.A. Woman Woman
L.A. Woman c'mon

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 08-05-2015, 09:27 AM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
The po leace kinda cleaned up heulet a few years ago.

But there might a rebel boobie or two still willin to risk exposure.

Thanks for the call last night Bob, I'm at the whim of the agenda tasl masters I'm riding with.

If it wasn't the desire to visit the distillery in Kurby WY, north of thermopolis WY. I'd of still not seen it. Really small batch bourbon maker! Great place.

Just down the road a piece from Cody.

If you ride West on 90 and turn south at Rochester (?) go over the big horn range and then onto Cody (hard to find a room there this time of year!)

But there is so much to see and do out here...

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 08-08-2015, 02:01 AM
Augmented

Last Cigar Smoked: Saf Fran OG
Turbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sock
Well fellow Doofs, After several nights of camping and no innerweb access, I talked the little lady at the front desk of the not quite completed but functioning AmericInn in Belle Fourche SD. into a reasonable rate for an evening of A/C, hot shower and a laundry room. After an hour on the horn with the GF and unloading, I finally learned how to access the wifi here, but not without the help of a stiff drink. Windows 8 is all new to me and navigating has been a challenge. It's been a long day, and my ole body was desiring a bed after roughing it for the week. Back to tent camping tomorrow as I plan on camping at Devils Tower.
The weather is starting to deteriorate for riding, but I'm ready for it. I have charged all electronics, and my new battery backup as well. I hit my local Battery Mart for a NOCO genius BOOST 400 amp Lithium battery. It has jumper cables and UBS ports for charging and utilizing the juice from it. One of the best attributes is it has a nation wide in store free three year replacement warranty. I have some pics to share, but I cannot locate my card reader I will pick one up asap and post some late night pics from the Buffalo Chip Campground.
Needless to say it's late and well past my bedtime and the screen is starting to blur, but most of you know how that goes. When in Rome.... This will be the earliest Ive crashed all week.
I hate to share such news, but while sitting in our camp at the Chip, we all witnessed a rider fatality about a hundred and fifty feet away, out on the road to the airport. My Arky buddies are Med Flight personnel and First Responders and were over the eight foot fence and on the guy within just a moment. These guys knew for sure he didn't make it when LE came back out at dawn to take more measurements and pictures of the area.
I always try keep it within a safe parameter despite my running triple digits across parts I-90. The cages got so far ahead of me, it took 20 mins at the ton mark to catch up with them.

Keep the shiny side up!

BOB

L.Ron Hoover Welcomes you to the
First Church of Appliantology

Last edited by Turbo Turtle; 08-08-2015 at 02:08 AM. Reason: %^#8
Old 08-09-2015, 09:41 AM
Augmented

Turbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sock
I made it by Devils Tower at sunset. Cool views and pics of the Tower were had all along the way. KOA wanted $40.00 a night for a grassy spot,and there were multiple blue lights in the DT campground, so I avoided the area and rode to Houlett for yet another room. I'm heading north on 112, for a 30 minute back twisty road to Alzada MT. and return to Devils Tower Park to check it out during the daylight hours. I am hoping and planning on riding by and visiting Margarita at the Rancho later this afternoon. Riding through unknown territories has been more fun than I imagined.
I gave my Atlas to an Ole Guy on the way to Sturgis who was returning to Texas and his GPS had died, which means I have no map. ROFL He was operating on hand written directions read off to him by his wife via phone, thus I felt compelled to get him back home on his own routes. I gave him my name and E mail, and we are going to meet up again later upon my return to Arkansas, and schedule a trip down.
Good times! I need to get cleaned up, packed up and get on the road. Hope all y'all have as nice a Sunday as I'll have!

TT

Old 08-09-2015, 10:40 AM
snow pirate

Last Cigar Smoked: No thanks.
stoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Glad you're trip is going well....... I'm jealous.

Safe travels!

ALL WHO WANDER ARE NOT LOST.

GFFG
Old 08-09-2015, 01:06 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Turtle View Post
I gave my Atlas to an Ole Guy on the way to Sturgis who was returning to Texas and his GPS had died,

TT
So what is your definition of "Ole Guy"?

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 08-09-2015, 03:35 PM
Augmented

Crustier than (redacted)

TT

Old 08-09-2015, 07:38 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk

Kimber

Old 08-09-2015, 08:15 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Devils Tower is pretty impressive. On my approach from the south, can remember seeing it for the first time from down on Rt.14 as I rounded a curve and looked waaaaayyyy up the valley.

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 08-09-2015, 09:23 PM
Outlaw

Last Cigar Smoked: Camel WIDES
Sidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backroad Mike View Post

Yup.

"It's not the dog in the fight, but the fight in the dog." - Michael Vick.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:16 AM
Mind the thorns

Margarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Guess who came to dinner in Casper tonight?

Preserve the planet: repeal the Second Law of Thermodynamics.
Old 08-10-2015, 02:44 AM
Augmented

Tell me who? Who else, but a BOB. Happy to have finally made it this far, to such gracious hosts. I made it to Margarita's and Roys in Casper, WY. I have been made to feel at home here, yet have so much further to go. I believe I'm only just now at the 2K mark on my trip. I will likely hang around for a day or two and scoot out from here to tour the area. I have 280 pictures on my phone, and at least that many on my camera. I'll do my best to get some pics up from here before I move further west.

Nite all

Last edited by Turbo Turtle; 08-10-2015 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Because I can
Old 08-10-2015, 08:14 AM
A. DooF

Last Cigar Smoked: Whatever was next in the Mega rotation
par_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know

"I want to live and ride free, unencumbered by all but God's love." ~ Red Rider
Old 08-12-2015, 08:35 AM
Augmented

Good morning one and all. Heading out to Cody WY. and Yellowstone from Margarita's this morning.
I finally got pics off my camera and phone, I just need to get to some wifi to post a couple. I cannot get wifi where I am, and my new puter only has a wifi connection.
Soon!

BOB

Tags
Adventure, adventure ride, bucket list, Sturgis