Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > Movie Reviews
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Movie Reviews Have you seen a good one? Maybe a bomb..tell us about it here.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:39 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Lincoln

Saw it tonight with the BH. It was more than worth the cost of admision and the 2 1/2 hours and will likely be a frontrunner for Best Picture. Daniel Day Lewis deserves the rave reviews he's getting and would be no surprise if he wins 'Best Actor'. Others who contributed noteworthy and potentially award winning performances were Sally Field as Marry Todd Linclon and Tommy Lee Jones as Congressman Thaddeus Stevens. The overall casting for the movie was well done and contains a lengthy list of well known leading and character actors.

As for the subject and events portrayed, I know 537 individuals who could learn a lot from watching this movie.

Well...............on second thought, you'd have to have the capacity to learn first

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 01-06-2013, 10:44 PM
Trash

Last Cigar Smoked: The one in the ash tray
noodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Y'all share the popcorn or had a bag apiece?

®
Old 01-06-2013, 11:06 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Pretzel nubs with cheese dipping sauce.

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 01-07-2013, 12:01 AM
Double-D
Dr. of Doof

OKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I just recently saw it and I agree with Tom's review wholeheartedly. It should win best picture, best leading actor/actress. It is very accurate. They even refer to the carriage accident, which I just recently learned about through my daughter's research on Mary Todd Lincoln.

D.F.F.D.

/Users/rleonard12/Desktop/star-trek-expendability.jpg
Old 01-07-2013, 12:29 AM
Double-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKC Fatboy View Post
....It is very accurate. They even refer to the carriage accident, which I just recently learned about through my daughter's research on Mary Todd Lincoln.
It's based on the book by Doris Kearns Goodwin, the Presidential historian and biographer. She spent 10 years researching and writing the book and was quoted as saying “I imagined this man Abraham Lincoln from the moment I woke up until the moment I went to bed at night for 10 years”.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:19 PM
Double-D
Dr. of Doof

OKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
The research really shows!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D.F.F.D.

/Users/rleonard12/Desktop/star-trek-expendability.jpg
Old 01-07-2013, 12:55 PM
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: Fuentes Fuentes Opus X Le Chateau
J.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabbydoo View Post
Saw it tonight with the BH. It was more than worth the cost of admision and the 2 1/2 hours and will likely be a frontrunner for Best Picture. Daniel Day Lewis deserves the rave reviews he's getting and would be no surprise if he wins 'Best Actor'. Others who contributed noteworthy and potentially award winning performances were Sally Field as Marry Todd Linclon and Tommy Lee Jones as Congressman Thaddeus Stevens. The overall casting for the movie was well done and contains a lengthy list of well known leading and character actors.

As for the subject and events portrayed, I know 537 individuals who could learn a lot from watching this movie.

Well...............on second thought, you'd have to have the capacity to learn first

How did it compare to the real life event?

You must have been what? 8 or 9 years old when this happened right?

Old 01-07-2013, 01:12 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.A.F.O. View Post

that's just cruel.....

He was 20
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 01-07-2013, 01:40 PM
Double-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by dippsy View Post
that's just cruel.....

He was 20
And you can go pee in a bottle...

Old 01-07-2013, 02:47 PM
Double-D

BigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.A.F.O. View Post

Now that's just not right. I've heard Scabby speak of his childhood during the war but I don't see how anybody can confuse Lincoln with Xerxes.

gaZinTa OF THE YEAR 2007
gaZinTa OF THE YEAR 2015
Old 01-07-2013, 02:51 PM
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: Fuentes Fuentes Opus X Le Chateau
J.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTOE View Post
Now that's just not right. I've heard Scabby speak of his childhood during the war but I don't see how anybody can confuse Lincoln with Xerxes.
WOW!!...

That's just fukd up...

But of so funny.

Old 01-07-2013, 01:04 PM
Double-D

Hey...............go play with your serape and sombrero.

Old 01-07-2013, 01:45 PM
Executive Vice President
D.F.F.D

Last Cigar Smoked: Romeo y Julieta Churchill
BillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
We watched this the other night. Thought it was a very solid movie outside of the Hollywood re-writes of history around the war. Daniel Day-Lewis is one of those rare actors that can disappear within a role to the point that you don't even recognize him and believe him to be the person he is portraying. Definitely an Oscar worthy performance.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:09 PM
Doof Babe
Grenade Launcher
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: Does second-hand count?
Boop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyB View Post
We watched this the other night. Thought it was a very solid movie outside of the Hollywood re-writes of history around the war. Daniel Day-Lewis is one of those rare actors that can disappear within a role to the point that you don't even recognize him and believe him to be the person he is portraying. Definitely an Oscar worthy performance.
Yep. I was amazed they managed not to descend into conventional wisdom on the motivation for the Emancipation Proclamation any more than they did. They actually stayed fairly factual, but just couldn't resist portraying him as "The Great Emancipator" a time or two. Sigh.

Sadly, most people have to have their history so prettied up that they can't understand that Lincoln was a truly great man, but not because he was some rabid abolitionist. So many can't reconcile what he believed and did with the way things are today - they want to look at him through 20th or 21st century viewpoints.

Sorry, rant over! Great movie!

W.W.B.D?

Boop-Oop-A-Doof
Old 01-07-2013, 06:17 PM
Keeper - Awful Secret

rangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milk
+1 on Tommy Lee Jones as a supporting actor. Enjoyed his performance every bit as much as Daniel Day Lewis.

Jay