Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Ask The Techs...
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Ask The Techs... This is the way it works. Post up your question in the appropriate Forum, then put a link to it here. We'll ask some very savvy folks to monitor the posts here and answer your question. If you are a Tech answering a question, please do it in the linked thread rather than here. In this way, we can build info in the appropriate Forum. Thanks.

Old 03-24-2009, 06:49 PM
The other white meat

Last Cigar Smoked: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial
Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Inner cam bearing remover

Does anyone know where I can get one? I'm trying to locate an inner cam bearing reoval tool for a 2007 Twin cam. Georges is out of stock, and the Jims version is like $250 which is a bit much for a non-wrench like myself who will only use it once.

Maybe there's a doof out there that has one and is kind enough to let me borrow it?

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[
Old 03-24-2009, 06:53 PM
Double-D

DaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milk
Dan, we have all kinds of tools at work, we might be able to do it for free.

What does this bearing puller look like?

Ich bin Sven Hoek.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:05 PM
The other white meat

Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
It's supposed to keep the bearing straight so you don't muck up the case, and keep the little needles from falling out and into the case. That last part made me nervous! It looks like this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 993.jpg (6.7 KB, 56 views)

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[
Old 03-24-2009, 07:13 PM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
Advance Auto and others will loan them free(deposit)...it's a 2-jaw blind puller...grease up the bearing and the needles won't fall out...

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep

Old 03-24-2009, 07:25 PM
Woody218

I have yet to see a cam bearing where the needles "just fell out". If that were so, how come the needles don't fall out of a new bearing? Hmmm?

The only way to get the needles out of a bearing is to damage it. Use a blind hole puller available from an auto parts store and you won't have an issue.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:47 PM
KTWillys

getting them out is the easy part.... dont forget you have to put them back in and there is a special tool for that as well..

check with a local indy.. if you dont have the tools then it might be worth finding a way to get it to them and pay them a few bucks to remove and install the bearings..
Old 03-25-2009, 04:30 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

ms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by txhawg View Post
Does anyone know where I can get one? I'm trying to locate an inner cam bearing reoval tool for a 2007 Twin cam. Georges is out of stock, and the Jims version is like $250 which is a bit much for a non-wrench like myself who will only use it once.

Maybe there's a doof out there that has one and is kind enough to let me borrow it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTWillys View Post
getting them out is the easy part.... dont forget you have to put them back in and there is a special tool for that as well..

check with a local indy.. if you dont have the tools then it might be worth finding a way to get it to them and pay them a few bucks to remove and install the bearings..
Maybe Troy, Lightning Cycle, would help. Just a thought. . .

High Priestess of the Cloudriders
Old 03-25-2009, 04:52 AM
Natural born delinquent

RKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
I have them both - the puller and the press...well, I had them...but, he who now does is finished with them, I think.

There could be a rite...

~ Royal Order of Knights d'Catnip ~

E PLURIBUS DOOFUM
Old 03-25-2009, 06:11 AM
R.I.P.
<--- Captain Itch!

Red Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I've seen needle bearings fall out. As long as you can retrieve them all pack with grease and put them back - the grease will hold them in place.

'Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.' - William Penn

I want to live and ride free, unencumbered by all but God's love.
'06' FLSTNI, $43 per gallon!

Old 03-25-2009, 09:49 AM
Double-D

Dsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographic
Them

He who has them is finished with them...awaiting word for their disposition from the wise owner one...

Old 03-25-2009, 03:48 PM
Natural born delinquent

RKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsanchez View Post
He who has them is finished with them...awaiting word for their disposition from the wise owner one...
You said wise.

Onward.

Thanks, Bill.

~ Royal Order of Knights d'Catnip ~

E PLURIBUS DOOFUM
Old 03-25-2009, 10:53 PM
The other white meat

Thanks guys, you rock.

Those orange guys are pretty cool

Dsanchez, do you have my address?

[