Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Engine & Transmission
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2008, 08:39 AM
Woody218

Oil carry-over from the breathers on my Evo

Ever since I rebuilt my Evo, when I run at high rpms, I get oil carry-over from the breathers, and it drips into the S&S air cleaner and spatters out on my rear pipe. Not a lot, but enough to show oil smears on the oil tank and pipe.
This is a common Evo problem, one that the Moco didn't care to fix over the years.

This is totally unacceptable!

I located a "fix" called "Cure Vent Plus", basically, it's a couple of vent extensions that you install in the breather bores in the heads, and they have a ball and seat that acts like a check valve to keep the oil from coming out of the breathers. I'm waiting for it to show up, when I get it I will do a show & tell for you other Evo guys. I also will be installing a replacement for the stock rotating crankcase breather, the S & S breather is a set of reed valves that operate based on crankcase pressure.