Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Wheels & Tires
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

View Poll Results: Reuse Tubes
Yes - up to nnnn miles - miles listed in post. 1 4.17%
No - always change them out. 21 87.50%
Reserved for mod tampering. 2 8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2008, 08:56 PM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
I am con fused.
We knew that.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:36 PM
Excommunicated

LittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suck
I have ridden on both and only had flats on tubed tires. The tubeless ones held air even after they had a nail in them.
And yes I have plugged both car and bike tubeless tires. I had to change the tube in a rest area for the flat on my spoked wheel. Now I don't carry a spare tube and tire irons but I should when riding with Tonya and friends.

And yes, you can get blow outs on any type of tire, but your chances are greatly reduced on a tubeless tire.

And just so you all are paying attention. If you do have tubeless tires, you should check them every morning on a trip. If they have picked up a nail or screw, they will have a small leak. Low pressure leads to increased tire heat which can lead to a blow out. So, they can reduce your risk if you pay attention, but they also do not let you know they have a hole like a tube does. You come out in the morning and your tire is flat with a tube, it is easy to spot the nail in the tire.

Mega, my scenario above had nothing to do with your buddy, don't know what happen there and was not trying to imply anything about that situation. Sometimes Sh1t just happens.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:43 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Like I said, I found a screw in my tire and it was still hard. I can't see how a tube would be.