Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Touring Discussion
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 07-27-2008, 01:02 PM
Excommunicated

Bofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalBags View Post
Pardner, if you can't get all your gear on that bike without pilin shlt on the saddlebags, you either got too much gear or the gear you got is too big. Only my opinion but there should be plenty of room.
I was thinkin' about strappin' my rain gear too. They do take up a lot of space from the tour pak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyMan View Post
Try these:
They are covers with 1 1/2" x 3 ft straps. They also sell a "LidSak" that is a 20"x9" rollbag.

It says they will not work with a tour pack, though... but you're a handy guy, you can figure it out.

http://www.jpcycles.com/ProductDetai...-485&cs=Harley
(Also on page 1044 of the 2007 J&P BIG BOOK)

I think I'd rather get the chrome rails and use my own straps...
Old 07-27-2008, 01:27 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
I got the chrome rails on both my bikes, on the saddle bags. But with the Ultra, the rear speaks get in the way.

On one hand those bags are darn handy, I miss them, they were kinda pain too, for getting into the bags.

They make bags for this with built in straps. They don't strap placement isn't perfect though when bags are empty. The bags work good on the tourpak rack too.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:29 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyMan View Post
It says they will not work with a tour pack, though... but you're a handy guy, you can figure it out.

]
With the king tour pak, I used a seprate nylon strap to tie them to the rear engine guard to keep them from scratcing the paint of the tourpak. I think last time, the sheepskin, provided a buffer.

But with the speakers its not so good.