Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Touring Discussion
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 07-21-2008, 12:41 PM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Dirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Bagger Question Du Jour

Ruth has a habit of putting her hands on the backrest arm rests and pushing her self up and adjusting her position on the bike. I know those things are rubber mounted or something like that.

The back rest seems to flop around when I'm riding alone and hit bumps. Is that normal or can I blame her for this?

But seriously folks, is it possible to tear the backrest off the mounts on this thing (Ultra) by someone using it to push themselves up with?

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 07-21-2008, 12:43 PM
Hand Wringer

FinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Tighten the bolts from inside the lid of the tourpack. With a little Lock Tite.

*Sensitive at all times.

Old 07-21-2008, 12:44 PM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Dirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
They're tight. I already checked that, Bags.

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 07-21-2008, 12:45 PM
Hand Wringer

FinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Poor Ruth.

*Sensitive at all times.

Old 07-21-2008, 12:50 PM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

But can these backrests tear loose from the rubber mounts?

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 07-21-2008, 12:55 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

Half Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Tell her to push up with her feet on the floorboards instead. Or use those hand grips on either side of the passenger seat (if you have them). Or maybe she's just doing tricep exercises.

Old 07-21-2008, 12:57 PM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Yea, I haven't mentioned it to her yet. I wanted to find out if it was possible to damage it first.

There are already rules about the bike. I hate to pile on...ya know? It can become counter productive.

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 07-21-2008, 12:58 PM
Hand Wringer

Dan, I am no wrencher, but if it happened to me, I would take it off and look and see what the problem is. Might be fixed with a couple of washers or rubber bumper pads.

*Sensitive at all times.

Old 07-21-2008, 01:01 PM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

I have read complaints about these things flopping around. But I've never read about one actually coming loose. I thought I'd go fishing for an answer...

...before I actually do something smart like taking it off.

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 07-21-2008, 01:05 PM
Pu Dekcuf Lla

PeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Yes, they bust off, They are designed for arm rest only. Once they are busted they are never right. I am on my 3rd one.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:07 PM
Hand Wringer

Bummer.

*Sensitive at all times.

Old 07-21-2008, 01:08 PM
Politically Incorrect

Big Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygiene
Tell her to push up with her feet and pull herself up by your hair......

scratch that

I GOT NOTHING

Engine by Otto.
Sherlyn Popelka, Fugitive, Aggravated Assault, Golf, DUI
Old 07-21-2008, 01:22 PM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacekeeper View Post
Yes, they bust off, They are designed for arm rest only. Once they are busted they are never right. I am on my 3rd one.
Unfortunately for Ruth, there is one more rule on the list.

Thanks, PK. That's what I was looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tom View Post
Tell her to push up with her feet and pull herself up by your hair......

scratch that

I GOT NOTHING
Tom, ya got more than I do ya lucky.....

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 07-21-2008, 01:40 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
BAsically, just holes drilled in the tourpak the you bolt the backrest too. 1/16" fiberglass or abs, whatever it is holds it on. Amazes me the luggage racks don't stay on.

What about those passenger hand rails? Wonder if those would help at all?
Old 07-21-2008, 01:58 PM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

I've looked at those. My question there is do they intefere with the saddlebag lids at all?

I can be impatient and if I gotta jerk around everytime I open the bags, things could get ugly...

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's