Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 06-11-2013, 06:11 PM
Smuckin' Fartass

Last Cigar Smoked: Olivia Nub Maduro
Woody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sock
I got a reply from TTS...maybe this should be a sticky

"The TTS Mastertune product does not lock everything else out! That is a clear falsehood. What it does is lock the ECM ONLY so it cannot be reprogrammed and we provide you with the way to remove the TTS and return it to how it was prior to, with the product. Then anything else can reprogram the ECM. All the other functions of the ECM work as they did before, with all other tools with the TTS installed. So there is NO reason to say it locks everyone else out as that is NOT true at all. A dealer can do everything except reprogram the ECM with the TTS installed. Now, if you lost the original saved calibration we can get you something to unlock the ECM and remove the TTS tune but it will not be your original calibration as we have no way to know for sure what it was. If you need this to be done you would use the TTS product to save what is in the ECM now. That saved file will be what you name it with and extent of .MTE. You would send us an email with that file attached and request an unlock file for it. We would then make the file based from what you sent us and return it to you via email. This new file will be used with Mastertune to remove the TTS programming and unlock the ECM. At this point you will need to get the ECM reprogrammed with the proper calibration for your bike."

I will be emailing them the .MTE file I pull out of my bike so I can get this done.

What I want to know is, why do they not state the above info on their website? Let customers know up front the potential problems they might encounter...

Old 06-11-2013, 06:29 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
So, what happened w/ Ken and the fob?

Sent from my li'l ol' iPhone 4S augmented w/ a mophie juice pack plus® using Tapatalk

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:35 PM
Smuckin' Fartass

Woody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGlide View Post

Sent from my li'l ol' iPhone 4S augmented w/ a mophie juice pack plus® using Tapatalk
He's bullshitting! I took my bike to the dealer's when I got off work. They hooked up the Digital Tech tool, and tried some diagnostic tests. The ecm flipped us the bird and wouldn't let them do anything, other than see the serial number and the calibration filename.

I'd pitch the TTS as far as I could see, but I still need it to do my Wide Glide ecm, I have the two bike TTS dongle.

Old 06-11-2013, 06:59 PM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:

My take on that post was he had to load his mte file into his ECM before they could program the fob/s
Old 06-11-2013, 07:00 PM
along came Blondie......

BigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody218 View Post
He's bullshitting! I took my bike to the dealer's when I got off work. They hooked up the Digital Tech tool, and tried some diagnostic tests. The ecm flipped us the bird and wouldn't let them do anything, other than see the serial number and the calibration filename.

I'd pitch the TTS as far as I could see, but I still need it to do my Wide Glide ecm, I have the two bike TTS dongle.
Did you swap the map back to the original? If not, that's the process outlayed in what you posted above........That lock is a protection feature to keep the stealer from unknowingly reflashing your already tuned bike.

2009 Vivid Black Street Glide Ultra

RIP Diver, Bashful, Smitty, Clank, Johnny B, Fire46, Red Rider and Mongoose, GBNF

"It is foolish to mourn the men that died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" -General George S. Patton, Jr.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:00 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
So, the Mastertune folks are lying to us?

Old 06-11-2013, 07:02 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

I would understand the lock on the tune, but if what Harley experienced wasn't just because of the muffin heads at his dealer...

Old 06-11-2013, 07:06 PM
Smuckin' Fartass

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
Did you swap the map back to the original? If not, that's the process outlayed in what you posted above........That lock is a protection feature to keep the stealer from unknowingly reflashing your already tuned bike.
I don't have the stock file that was in the ecm, that's what they are going to send me, a file so I can unlock the ecm from the TTS product.

Frank, their Digital Tech tool was incapable of reflashing the ecm, it was also incapable of doing anything! If there was a problem while someone is out traveling and they don't have the stock map along with the TTS dongle and software, they are in deep shit!

Old 06-11-2013, 07:08 PM
Smuckin' Fartass

Quote:
I would understand the lock on the tune, but if what Harley experienced wasn't just because of the muffin heads at his dealer...
All the guys who work at the local shop are all good guys, all are motorheads and speed freaks who know how to tune a bike right. They are not the standard "They all do that" morons...

Old 06-11-2013, 07:32 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
my pv tune is in my pv on my handlebars
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 06-11-2013, 07:34 PM
Smuckin' Fartass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippsy View Post
my pv tune is in my pv on my handlebars
As mine will be shortly!

Old 06-11-2013, 07:44 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
As mine will be shortly!
and my pipe will be catless this friday
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 06-11-2013, 07:46 PM
along came Blondie......

BigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
I don't have the stock file that was in the ecm, that's what they are going to send me, a file so I can unlock the ecm from the TTS product.

Frank, their Digital Tech tool was incapable of reflashing the ecm, it was also incapable of doing anything! If there was a problem while someone is out traveling and they don't have the stock map along with the TTS dongle and software, they are in deep shit!
Is it bad to carry the dongle everywhere? I keep the stock map in my google files.

2009 Vivid Black Street Glide Ultra

RIP Diver, Bashful, Smitty, Clank, Johnny B, Fire46, Red Rider and Mongoose, GBNF

"It is foolish to mourn the men that died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" -General George S. Patton, Jr.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:20 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
You could have it over nighted via Fed Ex...

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...