Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Specific Crap
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Specific Crap No, really, I'm sayin'.

Old 09-04-2016, 10:55 AM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
The EPA Is At It Again

<WARNING>

The EPA allows 10% and 15% ethanol to be pumped through the same hose. They require a 4 gallon minimum purchase to insure that you get close to the mandated 10%. Your motorcycle will be damaged by the 15% blend and probably will not require 4 gallons at each fill up. The mandate requires a separate pump that does not dispense 15% but we all know how that works. Be very careful where you purchase fuel and what you are buying.

https://cqrcengage.com/amacycle/app/...ementId=242193

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 09-04-2016, 11:31 AM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
They should just make premium fuel with 5% or less alcohol blend.

The EPA keeps stating all cars made since 2000 "will" be able to handle 15% ethanol in the fuel.

Of note, the last produced Toyota FJ Cruisers (2014 / 2015) had a fuel cap that was clearly marked to not use any fuel blend with more than 10% ethanol, besides markings to use only premium fuel.

I think that is newer than 2000?

More money for corn crops and less MPG for the consumer = more $$$$$...

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 09-04-2016, 03:40 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
"The new configuration requires retailers to have at least one fueling position without E15; and to clearly identify this fueling position for those with small engines, lawnmowers and motorcycles. All other fueling positions will have labeling identifying those fueling positions as “for passenger vehicles only”, and provide guidance to the non-E15 position."

Link

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 09-04-2016, 04:28 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Another "oil" thread?

I would say this* is not *fact as I previously noted the 2014 - 2015 model year Toyota FJ Cruiser was clearly marked on the fuel cap to not use anything higher than E 10.

And of course all "E" flex fuel vehicles can use it as they are built to use up to E 85, really?, you can use E 15 in your E 85 vehicle, Dooh!

So the EPA is saying that is total bull shit? The manufacturer designed their power plant in these vehicles to run on E 0 up to E 10 and the EPA can tell them that is not so?

And here is the big kick in the balls, ethanol fuel causes a higher emission of NOx gases, is that not a green house gas forming emission?

(Copy and pasted here)
*FACT: E15 has been approved by the federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for use in light
duty vehicles (cars, trucks, and SUVs) made in model year 2001 and newer, as well as all flex-fuel
vehicles (FFVs). This represents more than 70% of the nation’s vehicle fleet and nearly 80% of all miles
driven. Remember, E15 is not a mandate. It simply gives fuel suppliers the option of blending up to 15
percent ethanol per gallon for sale to the EPA-approved vehicle population.

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Last edited by Fe Butte; 09-04-2016 at 04:38 PM.
Old 09-04-2016, 04:51 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
We're from the government and we're here to help you.

--Bob Dylan
Old 09-04-2016, 04:55 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

I call BS to this quote from the article.

FACT:
Ethanol remains the only alternative to gasoline that is capable of putting any downward
pressure on gas prices today.
Ethanol blends, like E15, E30, and E85 provide consumers with the
appropriate vehicles to exercise their freedom of choice when pulling up to the gas pump.
According to an Iowa State University/University of Wisconsin study released in May 2012, ethanol
helped keep gas prices $1.09 lower per gallon than they otherwise would have been in 2011 because of ethanol’s
pricing points and its ability to replace expensive barrels of imported oil.
In 2012 , the ethanol industry helped over 383,000 Americans find work
or keep the jobs they have, adding $43.3 billion to the GDP
and pumping $30.2 billion into the budgets of hundreds of thousands of American households.
Increasing our domestic use of ethanol will further enhance these benefits.

The costs to produce a gallon of alcohol is much higher than the cost to produce a gallon of gasoline.

--Bob Dylan
Old 09-04-2016, 05:10 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Using corn it is a 1 to 1 "power" unit exchange.

Beets or other sources of ethanol production is a 1 - 2 exchange.

Or so I have read / heard...

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 09-04-2016, 05:12 PM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Yet here we are, awash in fracked, easy-to-process sweet crude oil, and we still have to buy ethanol-blended fuel.

IMO, the energy/cost benefit of ethanol is negative, too.

And we could easily sell the corn used for ethanol production on the world markets. Lots of hungry people out there that could be fed with US-grown corn.
Old 09-04-2016, 05:29 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

And according to the EPA use of fuel guidelines, we could be breaking the law?

“E15 can be sold on the same hose with gasoline (E0 to E10) using this configuration: Require a minimum purchase of four gallons and apply a label stating ‘Minimum Fueling Volume 4 Gallons. Dispensing Less May Violate Federal Law.’” (P. 80, emphasis added).

And here we go, technology at it's finest...

Hope the link works.

http://ktul.com/news/local/drivers-l...-of-their-cars

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 09-04-2016, 06:19 PM
The other white meat

Last Cigar Smoked: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial
Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Option, eh?

Let's see how that works out. I will avoid any station selling E15 as long as there is someone still selling the E10.

Sheets, did I just say I'm going to seek out and be happy with E10? Maybe that's really the plan. Oh, you don't like this stuff? Go buy that other shit you've been complaining about for the last 25 years.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[
Old 09-04-2016, 06:27 PM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
I thought there was movement on repealing this ethanol crap in congress.
Old 09-04-2016, 06:42 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Yes, but here it is again.

I've always figured I could "purge" the hose into the nearest trash can to avoid any penalty of breaking a federal law by pumping less than four gallons into my bike, maybe the can gets the first half gallon, top up the bike and if it's still not at four pumped the can can take some more...

I live in the areas out West, that you need to fill every 100 +/- miles before you get to the distance stretch that will see how far you can ride on the last few drops / fumes.

Here is some reading from the AMA...

WASHINGTON, D.C. – The American Coalition for Ethanol is telling fuel retailers they should require a minimum purchase of 4 gallons at blender pumps offering E15 and post signs saying that buying less than 4 gallons may violate federal law. The advice, found in the E15 & Flex Fuel Retailer Roadmap, 2016-2017 Edition, is intended to convince retailers to carry more E15 fuel (15 percent ethanol) and use blender pumps to dispense it. In 2012 the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency proposed the 4-gallon minimum purchase as part of its misfueling mitigation plan. But the agency withdrew the proposal after the AMA pointed out that motorcycle fuel tanks hold only 3-5 gallons. In addition, as much as a quart of the higher-ethanol fuel could remain in the dispenser hose after a vehicle finishes fueling, potentially damaging an engine not designed to operate on E15. Motorcycles and all-terrain vehicles are not EPA-approved to operate on ethanol blends higher than 10 percent and inadvertent misfueling with E15 is a major concern. The EPA requires that stations dispensing E10 and E15 from the same hose also provide a separate E10 pump for consumers who are not buying at least four gallons.

http://americanmotorcyclist.com/Home...september-2016

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 09-04-2016, 06:46 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Thank the Midwest corn-producing states for the mandate. Everyone acknowledges that mixing corn and fuel is a bad idea, but there's money to be made....

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 09-04-2016, 06:48 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

I wonder if the Harley Milwaukee 8 is leaning towards some point in the future of being able to use E 15?

It does cool the combustion chamber via either oil or water based coolant, thus lowering the combustion temperatures, thus lowering emissions produced ...

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 09-05-2016, 10:14 AM
BSL/SBSH

Last Cigar Smoked: "It's a Girl"
Luke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suck
I'm not having any luck posting the link, but most, if not all, Cenex premium contains no ethanol, and is also top-tier fuel.

Sent from someone else's Galaxy S7.