Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Electrical Systems & Diagnostics
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Electrical Systems & Diagnostics Troubleshoot electrical problems here.

Old 04-03-2007, 11:34 AM
Doof Clenas Member

IRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suck
relocate front turn signals

I bought a Dragonfly fairing from Fire46 here a couple weeks ago so now I have to move my turn signals. I have passing lamps like the ones in the photo. Do I need to buy new turn signals? If so, what part #? Can I reuse the stock on a 2004 RK Custom? Do I need other hardware?

Please enlighten me!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg passing lamps2.jpg (18.9 KB, 6 views)
Old 04-04-2007, 11:53 AM
Doof Clenas Member

IRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suck
HELLO! I THOUGHT YOU DOOFS WERE SUPPOSED TO BE GOOD AT THIS STUFF? GIVE A BROTHER A HAND, WILL YA?????

Old 04-04-2007, 12:46 PM
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: Obsidian
Stone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONMAN View Post
I bought a Dragonfly fairing from Fire46 here a couple weeks ago so now I have to move my turn signals. I have passing lamps like the ones in the photo. Do I need to buy new turn signals? If so, what part #? Can I reuse the stock on a 2004 RK Custom? Do I need other hardware?

Please enlighten me!
What kind of turn signals do you currently have? Are they the ones that are attached to the passing lamps or the stock ones?

"Keeping a candle lit"

"RIP Butkus"
2002-2006

Danger: Propane
Keep Back 200 Feet

Last edited by Stone Cold; 04-05-2007 at 06:23 PM.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:01 PM
Doof Clenas Member

Thanks for responding Gordo! They are the stock bullets attached to the handlebars like this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rkcustom.jpg (54.5 KB, 9 views)
Old 04-05-2007, 04:27 PM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Here is what I did to relocate the turn signals from handle bars to lower fork slider.

http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/sh...light=relocate

Not sure if it will work with the batwing. If it does, you will need to notch the lower fork slider at the rear to feed the wires. The excess wire can be left behind the tin. You may need nuts and washers (spacers) if the turn signals on the bars act as the fastener for the mirrors. Acorn nuts are a nice touch. Or you could by the relocation kit made to mount below your passing lamps.