Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Ask The Techs...
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Ask The Techs... This is the way it works. Post up your question in the appropriate Forum, then put a link to it here. We'll ask some very savvy folks to monitor the posts here and answer your question. If you are a Tech answering a question, please do it in the linked thread rather than here. In this way, we can build info in the appropriate Forum. Thanks.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:18 PM
Doof Clenas Member

Type O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
mod

can a 2006 drive train fit in a 92 ultr and if so what does it take

Russ

doofs at the beach

Old 11-01-2007, 10:34 PM
What you lookin' at!?!?!?

Jeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by HARLET View Post
Primary or secondary?

Offically Old enough to ride a Geezer-Glide.
(Geezer-glide is a registered trademark of Harley Davidson Tour bikes, Any reference to a member of the DooF Clena of other forum screen name is strictly accidental. The reference is that I ride a Harley Davdison Tour bike, not some old dude that there is not enough alcohol in the world to get me to ride.)

Doctor JT 43

Eastern side
Profesional Rockat Surgen

Old 11-01-2007, 10:37 PM
Doof Clenas Member

Type O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
both trans and engine

Russ

doofs at the beach

Old 11-01-2007, 10:58 PM

Jeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Perhaps I do not understand what you are asking.
The 1992 has a Belt drive as the final (Secondary) just like the 2006.

As to the Primary drive, I don't think it will fit, without using a Air Hammer and blow torch.
But the have the same form and function, so what are we trying to gain here?

(Geezer-glide is a registered trademark of Harley Davidson Tour bikes, Any reference to a member of the DooF Clena of other forum screen name is strictly accidental. The reference is that I ride a Harley Davdison Tour bike, not some old dude that there is not enough alcohol in the world to get me to ride.)

Doctor JT 43

Eastern side

Old 11-01-2007, 11:09 PM
Doof Clenas Member

an upgrade to a 103 with out spending a wad

Russ

doofs at the beach

Old 11-02-2007, 12:09 AM

With a hammer and a blowtorch anything is possible, but don't count on this being a drop in swap.

Doctor JT 43

Eastern side

Old 11-02-2007, 04:51 AM
43rd Prophet

swmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suck
Evo and Twin Cam engine/tranny mounts are completely different as is the center frame tube and would take huge modifications...it would be cheaper/easier to buy a frame to fit the engine to than make it work...but anything is possible given time, money and determination...

I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.
~James Madison, speech, Virginia Convention, 1788

Old 11-02-2007, 06:29 AM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Best route is proably just build up your existing motor, maybe a crate motor. I have no idea what it take to put TC in an EVO frame, which I think is what you want to do.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:22 AM
Technical Member

HDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
I don't see a problem as long as both bikes are a touring machine using the ''A'' motor. A good alignment of the components will be necessary for true tracking of the front and rear wheels after installation is completed.

Its in 08 that the mounts have changed for the motor.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:35 PM
Doof Clenas Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMD 88 View Post
I don't see a problem as long as both bikes are a touring machine using the ''A'' motor. A good alignment of the components will be necessary for true tracking of the front and rear wheels after installation is completed.

Its in 08 that the mounts have changed for the motor.
i was looking at my ultra today and it looks like i have room from front to rear, but it might be tight under the gas tank the heads and over all higth of tha 96cid looks taller but i need to mesure

Russ

doofs at the beach

Old 11-07-2007, 08:33 AM
Known Associate

Friday1 has failed to amuse us
Why not do some geardrive cams, and a 95" kit with good pistons (all NON MOCO parts) instead? That combination will run circles around the 96, 103, 110 whatever you were thinking of swapping. Just thinkin', Friday
Old 11-11-2007, 09:50 PM
Doof Clenas Member

just found out some makes an engine mount kit to do the verry thing i want to do should fit right in with verry little problem

Russ

doofs at the beach

Old 11-11-2007, 11:07 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday1 View Post
Why not do some geardrive cams, and a 95" kit with good pistons (all NON MOCO parts) instead? That combination will run circles around the 96, 103, 110 whatever you were thinking of swapping. Just thinkin', Friday
Agree. Don't go with whoever sold you the frist bad product
Old 11-12-2007, 09:05 PM
Known Associate

Friday1 has failed to amuse us
There is little that MOCO makes that can't be made better, faster, and or more dependable with something from the aftermarket. Just thinkin'. Friday
Old 11-12-2007, 09:52 PM
43rd Prophet

swmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
just found out some makes an engine mount kit to do the verry thing i want to do should fit right in with verry little problem
You have to keep in mind that the Twin Cam engine has the tranny attached so you'll have to cut out the center post on an EVO frame and support it another way...putting a Evo engine in a Twin Cam frame should be a bit easier if as you say you can find the adaptable mounts or build them...

I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.
~James Madison, speech, Virginia Convention, 1788