Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Test Rides and Reviews
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Test Rides and Reviews If you've gone out and ridden it... let us know your thoughts...

Old 09-02-2007, 08:59 AM
Public Doofender

Highmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milk
'08 FLHTC revisited

Now that the bike is broken in I have some clearer impressions of it.

Handling: Instead of sitting behind the tank, like on my '04 FLHRCI, I feel like I am over the tank. It has the effect of making me feel "over the bars". When I used to ride twisties, I used to shift my weight forward, and felt like I had more control. On this bike, you always feel that way, so it actually feels sportier. Disadvantage is that it feels a little more crowded for me, but that is balanced by the fact my wife has more room, and loves it.

Drivetrain: It feels the same, or just a tad stronger than my 88TC with stage one. Part of that is because there is no replacement for displacement (40%) and the gear spacing in the six speed transmission. (60%). I would be satisfied for a while to keep it stock, if it were not for the heat. I rode this morning in cool weather, and there was no problem at all, but with two up in hot weather, you feel major heat, even at 60mph. If you are stopped at a light on a hot day, you will know how a french fry feels. At this point I am considering head porting, pipes, A/C, and a tuner of some sort, to include wide band O2 sensors. It's hard to say were this will go right now, because there is nothing available for an '08 right now. At a minimum I will switch to WB sensors to change AFR.

Overall, it has been a good switch. We'll see how it goes on the next update. That will come after I find a cure for heat, and maybe 30 or 40 more ponies.

Did you know I liked Bobbers?

Old 09-02-2007, 10:43 AM
Public Doofender

Highmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milk
I forgot something.

Fifth gear is very quiet, as are all the other gears. There is a nifty little green "6" that shows on your speedo to remind you when you are in 6th gear.

The horn seems louder.

Old 09-02-2007, 10:59 AM
not Lady G, but....

route66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmiles View Post
Now that the bike is broken in I have some clearer impressions of it.

Handling: Instead of sitting behind the tank, like on my '04 FLHRCI, I feel like I am over the tank. It has the effect of making me feel "over the bars". When I used to ride twisties, I used to shift my weight forward, and felt like I had more control. On this bike, you always feel that way, so it actually feels sportier. Disadvantage is that it feels a little more crowded for me, but that is balanced by the fact my wife has more room, and loves it.

Drivetrain: It feels the same, or just a tad stronger than my 88TC with stage one. Part of that is because there is no replacement for displacement (40%) and the gear spacing in the six speed transmission. (60%). I would be satisfied for a while to keep it stock, if it were not for the heat. I rode this morning in cool weather, and there was no problem at all, but with two up in hot weather, you feel major heat, even at 60mph. If you are stopped at a light on a hot day, you will know how a french fry feels. At this point I am considering head porting, pipes, A/C, and a tuner of some sort, to include wide band O2 sensors. It's hard to say were this will go right now, because there is nothing available for an '08 right now. At a minimum I will switch to WB sensors to change AFR.

Overall, it has been a good switch. We'll see how it goes on the next update. That will come after I find a cure for heat, and maybe 30 or 40 more ponies.
Will the wide band O2 sensors work with the stock injection? Has someone put a sert map together that will make it work? Are there any sensors that work in a richer band?

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." (Tacitus, Roman historian 55-117 A.D.)

Original 43%er

CAT HERDER GORGE CROSSER SKYLINE

My buddy!
Old 09-02-2007, 11:11 AM
Asst public Doofender

Yosamite Sam has failed to amuse us
If your bike was red it would go faster...

lookin for a 43 DD
Member of Retreads
Retired MSG USAR
NRA Life Member
Gruntled Postal Worker
Old 09-02-2007, 11:12 AM
Public Doofender

Quote:
Originally Posted by route66paul View Post
Will the wide band O2 sensors work with the stock injection? Has someone put a sert map together that will make it work? Are there any sensors that work in a richer band?

These people claim to have a fix in the works that will "fool" the stock ECM.

http://www.nightrider.com/biketech/h...o2_upgrade.htm