Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > General Bike Discussions
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 08-07-2009, 09:43 AM
Double-D
Doof Gooner

Last Cigar Smoked: Bubble Gum
Redleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suck
First Ride Reviews of '10 Ultra Limited and R-Glide Custom

Link here

Hint - even with the 103" in the Ultra, he likes the RGC better

"Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people out there having fun on motorcycles. It makes me take another look." -Steve McQueen
Old 08-07-2009, 12:08 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
But for younger folks, the H-D brand usually congers up images of under-performing motorcycles built more for posing in the parking lot than ripping around on the streets

Given our prior admiration for the Electra Glide series, we were excited to see how much more oomph the larger displacement engine had. But to our surprise, it was difficult to notice the added power. Twist the throttle and you’ll perceive just a marginal boost in acceleration. Even revving the engine to its 6100 rpm redline proved only a modest increase in propulsion

I am not overly excited about the limited. I just don't care about special badges. Cosmetics are for chicks. Same for two tone. Maybe spend the money on a real custom paint job.

Spokes belong on dirt bikes. Luggage rack should have come with the Ultra anyways. Doesn't have the saddlebag guards that the Ultra has either. I can tell you if you put your bike on its side, off the tires, it saves the bags.

Next time I'll probably just buy a low mile bike, and do what I want to it. Save $$, and not have to deal with the warranty.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:21 PM
Hmmm...

Serg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sockSerg06 doesn't need a tube sock
Buy stock and have it built. You get the oomph your looking for.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:29 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Ya a factory 103, is just that factory motor. If your gonna do 103, do cam, heads, ect.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:00 PM
Public Doofender

Highmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milk
However, personally I think the most important standard feature is the bumping 80-watt 4-speaker Harmon/Kardon stereo system, complete with CD/MP3, CB and intercom functionality.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I always take reviews of Harley's with a grain of salt, if they appear in a crotch rocket magazine.

Yes, you can get a lot more bike for your money if you start with an ElectraGlide Classic and add the performance.

When you read reviews, especially in these types of mags, keep in mind, that Harley is still the number one seller of touring bikes.

Did you know I liked Bobbers?

Old 08-07-2009, 01:21 PM
Excommunicated

You would probably be better off adding aftermarket, hogtunes. I am pretty much of the opinion, that you can do alot better aftermarket.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:33 PM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Dirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I've seen 2 Limiteds so far. One on the showroom floor and the other a guy was riding. Both were Black/Blue Ice and they look great. Not a lot of extra badging and certainly nothing like a gold package. The new gauges look really good as do the black/chrome wheels. I honestly like the bike.

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 08-07-2009, 01:49 PM
Excommunicated

Is it worth another $5k, I am sure it looks nice. Not that I don't have more then the MSRP spent on my Ultra.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:00 PM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Dirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I don't think so. But it depends on how much you like the colors, wheels and not having to tear into a brand new motor to bump it up to 103. I don't have plans to buy heated grips and I already have cruise. But I still like the bike.

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 08-07-2009, 02:04 PM
Excommunicated

Factory heated grips would be nice. The Harley ones have bad track record. I think both Rock and Gordito have gone through a few.

I agree I wouldn't want to tear down brand new motor. That why you buy used.

I was just on craigs list, looking at BMWs. I dunno maybe I could get used to the look of the LT. I think you push a button and the ladder comes out too,

Funny for as much as Harley folks ride. Its the other guys that have heated grip, heated seat front and back, more fairing, ect. But I wouldn't look as cool as I do now.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:19 PM
Excommunicated

Bofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
But I wouldn't look as cool as I do now.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:22 PM
Excommunicated

On my bike, I would have looked cool
Old 08-07-2009, 03:03 PM
Executive Vice President
D.F.F.D

Last Cigar Smoked: Romeo y Julieta Churchill
BillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
Factory heated grips would be nice. The Harley ones have bad track record. I think both Rock and Gordito have gone through a few.
The biggest rub that I hear against the heated grips is that they don't do anything to warm the back side of your hands that is exposed to the cold air while riding down the road. Heated gloves still seem better but outside of extreme cold, I'm guessing the heated grips would provide some comfort.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:22 PM
Excommunicated

I've heard that, and sure don't get it. I read sleds at 0 degrees, and the back of my hands don't get cold. I wonder if this from people that have actually used them. They will not take the place of gloves, can just wear lighter gloves.

The elec gloves are PIA with the cord, though I suppose you get used to it.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:36 PM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bofinn View Post
My, what a large baggie you have in your pocket. Is that a quarter pound?

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's