Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 03-27-2009, 09:05 AM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Dyno tuner in NE IL-SE WI

Hey,

I put a PC III, Stage 1 A/C and Jackpot mufflers from Fuel Moto on my bike a while ago.

This setup is staying on the bike as I have no fundage to make changes at this time.

While I'm sorta happy with the way the bike runs, I feel that the PC III may need some minor tweakage. I'm thinking that my cop bike may have a slightly different program in the ECM than a regular FLHT and that there may be some confliction between the canned FM PC III map and the ECM. I get a minor pop through the intake which occurs primarily when doing low speed maneuvers, like u-turns, where you add minute throttle input while slipping the clutch enough to control the speed of the bike without falling over. The sneeze is inconvenient to say the least.

It doesn't sneeze if you blip the throttle more than a bit prior to pulling off the above maneuver.

I don't have a laptop and it sucks having to drag the old Dell desktop out to the garage to play with the PC III.

I have set and reset the closed and full throttle positions, as per the PC III instructions.

I'm thinking the best solution to this problem is to have a qualified and able Dynojet tuner tweak things for me.

Does anyone in the NE IL-SE WI area have a favorite Dynojet tuner?

If so, why are you happy with your dyno-tuner?

Thanks.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:20 AM
R.I.P.
<--- Captain Itch!

Red Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Hope you find someone over that way Orbit. Too bad you can't get here to PA. Dave at JDs up in Bethlehem performs magic with tunes.

'Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.' - William Penn

I want to live and ride free, unencumbered by all but God's love.
'06' FLSTNI, $43 per gallon!

Old 03-27-2009, 09:22 AM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Dirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
There's somebody in Chicago named Otto. Sooner or later, one of those boys will chime in with the details. I only know the name.

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 03-27-2009, 10:08 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Otto's on here.
PM him.
He tuned my bike, and a slew of others.
The sneeze is because it's lean, if that helps ya'.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:38 AM
Excommunicated

Bofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I'm thinking of taking mine to Otto's some day.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:44 AM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
map/info...

http://local.yahoo.com/info-17338582...to-sugar-grove

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep

Old 03-27-2009, 11:47 AM
GazintA

TerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milk
Otto's is in Sugar Grove. I can PM directions to ya if ya need them.

http://local.mywebtimes.com/Engines+...6980.home.html

Engine by Otto.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:51 AM
GazintA

TerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milk
Oh,

2 people work on my bikes. Me if I feel I have the resources, Otto if I don't.

He tuned Mega's bike after someone else had tuned it. The results were better fuel mileage and improved power if I recall correctly.

Engine by Otto.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:22 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

hornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
If I ever have anything done to mine.... Otto's gonna do it

Old 03-27-2009, 01:51 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

KingThrasher can happily embrace the suckKingThrasher can happily embrace the suckKingThrasher can happily embrace the suckKingThrasher can happily embrace the suckKingThrasher can happily embrace the suckKingThrasher can happily embrace the suckKingThrasher can happily embrace the suckKingThrasher can happily embrace the suckKingThrasher can happily embrace the suckKingThrasher can happily embrace the suckKingThrasher can happily embrace the suck
Or ya can try Jamie at Fuel Moto IN wisconsin.

Heres the link to his shop.

He's supposed to really know his craft......

http://www.fuelmotousa.com/

Ya can also get just a MAP from him as well.
Hes run tons of his own testing in house and will ask ya LOTS of questions.

Good Luck

" A PiRaTeS Life for Me "
Old 03-27-2009, 04:44 PM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingThrasher View Post
Or ya can try Jamie at Fuel Moto IN wisconsin.

Heres the link to his shop.

He's supposed to really know his craft......

http://www.fuelmotousa.com/

Ya can also get just a MAP from him as well.
Hes run tons of his own testing in house and will ask ya LOTS of questions.

Good Luck
Hey KT,

Thanks for the reply.

I got the PC III from Fuel Moto. We've been chasing the sneeze for a bit, and it is getting better, but still persists.

I'm more than happy with the products and services Jamie and the gang at Fuel Moto provide.

I'll send Jamie another e-mail and see what he suggests.

That being said, I'm trying to come up with an alternate game plan in case we can't solve the problem via phone and computer.

I think this pup's gonna need a fine tuning that can only be done hooked up to a computer whilst running on a dyno.

I've read good things about Otto from other members of these fine boards. I may give him a shot at it.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:22 PM
R.I.P.
<--- Captain Itch!

Red Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbit View Post
Hey KT,

Thanks for the reply.

I got the PC III from Fuel Moto. We've been chasing the sneeze for a bit, and it is getting better, but still persists.

I'm more than happy with the products and services Jamie and the gang at Fuel Moto provide.

I'll send Jamie another e-mail and see what he suggests.

That being said, I'm trying to come up with an alternate game plan in case we can't solve the problem via phone and computer.

I think this pup's gonna need a fine tuning that can only be done hooked up to a computer whilst running on a dyno.

I've read good things about Otto from other members of these fine boards. I may give him a shot at it.
A quick fix may be to go into the map on your PC, go to the 0 throttle position and increase the fuel a couple percent on the mid to high RPMs. That'll get rid of the pop on decel till you get to a tuner...

'Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.' - William Penn

I want to live and ride free, unencumbered by all but God's love.
'06' FLSTNI, $43 per gallon!

Old 04-06-2009, 05:11 PM
Bon vivant!

OK, here's the deal.

Talked to Keith at Fuel Moto and described my problem. He said check the injector part number. I did-I got the old 8° injectors (P/N 27625-06). He said to check with the dealer, that they should fix it and that my intake pop is more than likely caused by the injectors and not by the Fuel Moto setup.

So I called the dealer, Suburban in Thiensville, WI. Left a message for the salesman. He had the service guy call back. We played phone tag; I'm trying to save money by doing my 1K service myself and I was working on the bike when he called. Finally got to talk to the service guy. He said that although the bike had super low mileage when I bought it (121 miles on an '06 FLHTP, purchased 11/7/08), it's off of warranty and that he's not sure if MoCo will do something, if anything, to resolve the problem. Bike shows almost 900 miles now.

Only thing I can do, he said, is to bring it up there and hope that it pops. If it don't, they ain't gonna do anything. Service guy doesn't wanna throw parts at it. So I asked, worse case scenario, what do you charge to replace injectors? He said it's hard to say, gotta see what the problem is first.

OK, I ask, if I bring it up there (65 miles one way), will you be able to look at it right away. He says OK, but he'd like a days notice. I think I can do that, say I. I'm not doing much because I have no work.

Now, I have the service manual, looked at it to see what's all entailed. It ain't hard, but it ain't easy either. Kick in the head is the injector price, around $72/each, discounted through various online Harley parts sellers. I'll have to get various o-rings and gaskets, too. To me, it looks like a four hour job, which means it'll take all day.

I found the service bulletin on the Internet; here's the link. The notice describes the problem to a 'T'.

Right now I plan on taking the bike to the dealer, have 'em look at it, hope for the best. I don't wanna pay full price, and feel that I shouldn't either as it's an obvious problem MoCo is aware of, plus the fact that MoCo started installing the new 25° injectors in Feb of '06. My bike was built Dec. '05.

Now, for the fun questions. Should I take the Fuel Moto stuff off; PC III, Jackpot mufflers, stage I A/C, prior to the dealer inspection? How hard should I hammer the dealer to make things right? What can I expect the dealer to do, if anything? Am I SOL?

Personally, I think the upgraded injectors will solve my problem, but I didn't do all the stuff in the Service Manual flow chart, either.

Thanks.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:31 PM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbit View Post
Right now I plan on taking the bike to the dealer, have 'em look at it, hope for the best. I don't wanna pay full price, and feel that I shouldn't either as it's an obvious problem MoCo is aware of, plus the fact that MoCo started installing the new 25° injectors in Feb of '06. My bike was built Dec. '05.

Now, for the fun questions. Should I take the Fuel Moto stuff off; PC III, Jackpot mufflers, stage I A/C, prior to the dealer inspection? How hard should I hammer the dealer to make things right? What can I expect the dealer to do, if anything? Am I SOL?

Thanks.
that's hard to say...i'd take the stuff off...that's just another excuse for them to say you fooled with it & that's causing the problem...

i'd want a definite answer that it'll be covered...if you bought a basically new bike, even if a couple years old, you should be given some warranty...

although the 25* injectors may be better, there's a lot of bikes tuned with the 8's...
give Otto a call...can't hurt to ask...

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep

Old 04-06-2009, 05:33 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
IIRC there was a MoCo bulletin on the 8 deg. and their should be no b.s. about changing them out for the 25 deg. If the dealer won't budge, take it to the MoCo.

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me