Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Suspension
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Suspension Shocks, Forks, Front Ends, Stabilizers, etc...

Old 06-26-2007, 10:47 PM
Yes, they are Real.......

harleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBear View Post
Put it back on the lift. Take the shock off. Put the top eye in a vise. Grab the top twisty thing, pull down with your weight and turn. It will either fix it or f*ck it. You got nothing to lose at this point. Can's ride it the way it is. If it turns, just turn it a little out. Turn it over and see if you can get it threaded straight on and turning.

It it refuses to go that direction, turn it over and try it the other way. I have a hard time believing you could cross thread one of those, but I guess if you took it up too far and off the threads then you could have started it cross threaded.
This is 8-Ball we are talkin' about....................

but that is a good idea.take it off so you have more room to work on it.........

Keeper Of The Toast
2006 Post Whore Of The Year

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS........
Old 06-26-2007, 11:04 PM
8-Ball

Got it to turn 1.5 turns... the drawer liner stuff is great... I've now got tri-flow working... When I get to 1.5 turns it stops hard, like against a stop.

Is there any way that I can compress that spring and get the cap off. Pipe clamp won't reach...

Called Progressive, they are closed.

I'll try tomorrow, but I'm way busy tomorrow... I needed to be ready tonight and it was looking way good.

I'm cursed that is all there is to it... this much can't happen to one guy... and I didn't jam it up... I know when it stops...

I think I'm hosed.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:32 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
You may have to anty up for a new pair or if you still have the old ones. I hate when this shit happens at the last minute! good luck...

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Creator of the 43 & 7 hand signs...
Original Cat Herder KC.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:36 PM
Yes, they are Real.......

harleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sock
Don't try that with out a spring compressor.you could get hurt or killed.......

Keeper Of The Toast
2006 Post Whore Of The Year

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS........
Old 06-27-2007, 12:23 AM
8-Ball

Spring is too strong to compress in the vise.

Progressive opens at 7am pacific... and they are 1 hour 46 minutes away...

Right now I'm tired and bummed...
Old 06-27-2007, 08:58 AM
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: Obsidian
Stone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGlide View Post
Oh, and NEVER trust anybody who has anything to do with helicopters.
They all had to make deals with the devil in order for those things to fly.
Helicopters don't fly....They beat the air into submission....

"Keeping a candle lit"

"RIP Butkus"
2002-2006

Danger: Propane
Keep Back 200 Feet
Old 06-27-2007, 09:08 AM
2005 HD FLHTi

Kfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Lightbulb

Warranty / Techline - 714.523.8700

...this may help... if you call!

~"IF YOU CAN'T IMPROVE ON SILENCE, KEEP QUIET" ...couch Lou~

"Getting There Beats Being There"
FLHTi
* 95" by Carl from Boise Cycle
CHECK OUT MY WEBSHOT ALBUMS...

Old 06-27-2007, 09:18 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
Update please 8-ball...

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Original Cat Herder KC.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:40 AM
8-Ball

Wow... Progressive called me at 6:15 AM... I had left an email for them last night. A good start.

Tech (Justin) said the shock is hosed somehow... suspects a burr in the thread. He said the threads are quite deep and he doesn't think I could have cross threaded them.

I've got to drive up there, but he'll repair them on the spot or replace them.

I'm leaving at 8:00 am.... 2 hour drive each way...

Way did not have time for this today...
Old 06-27-2007, 09:41 AM
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: Obsidian
Stone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Dammit....this can not be happening. Maybe CO is our Waterloo.

Godzilla is still on the lift at the dealer. The Rhino has a broke di*k shock.

Maybe we call it and go to Disneyland.....

"Keeping a candle lit"

"RIP Butkus"
2002-2006

Danger: Propane
Keep Back 200 Feet
Old 06-27-2007, 09:44 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

Progressive are good peeps. iIsent them a shock for repair and they sent me the repaired one, and a new one too! They stand behind what they sell! shocking to say the least!

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Original Cat Herder KC.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:46 AM
2005 HD FLHTi

Kfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Thumbs up

Nah!!!
You guys will get these 'little" issues sorted out and have a great time in CO.

...I just took the bike in to get new tires, Avon Venoms (M41 & M42), should be ready Sat. morning, maybe Friday afternoon... I hope!

~"IF YOU CAN'T IMPROVE ON SILENCE, KEEP QUIET" ...couch Lou~

"Getting There Beats Being There"
FLHTi
* 95" by Carl from Boise Cycle
CHECK OUT MY WEBSHOT ALBUMS...

Old 06-27-2007, 10:31 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordito View Post
Helicopters don't fly....They beat the air into submission....
So ugly the earth repels them.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:08 AM
Excommunicated

LittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suck
Gordito and 8-Ball:

Even if you have to delay the trip for one day to make sure everything is good, do it and come anyway. Do not rush it, if you are suppose to leave on Friday, just accept it and come to CO anyway. Sure people will miss you that one day, but they will miss you a hell of a lot more if you do not even come.

You guys are not alone you know. My brother blew a lifter gasket about 100 from home on day one. He had to turn around, go home, fix it and leave the next day.

Setbacks should not ruin the trip for you guys, delay it maybe, but not cancel it.

Just sayin'
Old 06-27-2007, 11:13 AM
Woody218

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordito View Post
Dammit....this can not be happening. Maybe CO is our Waterloo.

Godzilla is still on the lift at the dealer. The Rhino has a broke di*k shock.

Maybe we call it and go to Disneyland.....
Don't even think about it, buddy...LittleBear is spot-on, if you guys have to delay, then do so, don't get in a rush to get going and compromise your safety.