Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > General Bike Discussions
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 01-06-2011, 08:30 PM
Dirty Dirk, Canadian Doof

DAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milk
Revolution Performance

Has anybody dealt with this outfit before? Sorry, you Guy's in the Big Smoke are my sounding board to outfits I've never heard of before.... Been around 15yrs I see, they have this ECM system that people have been spouting off about for ease of use blah blahblah. Just wondering about their overall rep. TIA

Dirk
Old 01-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Pu Dekcuf Lla

PeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Their 98 kits were hit or miss, some failed, some didnt. Havent heard much lately but you may want to talk to our local magician up in PA.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
The only experience I have with them was the 98" Nikasil crap that lasted less than 20k miles.

There were a bunch of us who tried that build, and all appearances were initially good. Thats when the issues started coming out. For a while, RP was providing free repairs and in some cases replacements. Eventually they stopped that as well.

Of the 5 bike I personally know that used this product, only 1 is still in tact. The rest have been replaced by the owner like Geezer-Glide and myself.

That's where this came from:

Kimber

Old 01-06-2011, 09:20 PM
Bard of the 43 Words

Last Cigar Smoked: 5 Vegas Miami
TimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backroad Mike View Post
The only experience I have with them was the 98" Nikasil crap that lasted less than 20k miles.

There were a bunch of us who tried that build, and all appearances were initially good. Thats when the issues started coming out. For a while, RP was providing free repairs and in some cases replacements. Eventually they stopped that as well.

Of the 5 bike I personally know that used this product, only 1 is still in tact. The rest have been replaced by the owner like Geezer-Glide and myself.

That's where this came from:
...and they don't get any Christmas cards for us either...
2003 FXD aka 'Wild Blue'
"Ask not what Doof Clenas can do for you, but what you can do for Doof Clenas." TimmyD (2006)

Old 01-06-2011, 11:19 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
They are among those who are not welcome as sponsors here, along with their toadies.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:34 PM
The other white meat

Last Cigar Smoked: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial
Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I know about the nikasil snake oil that produced a slew of problems for people here and elsewhere. The ECM system you speak of is not an ECM system, per se. They take your existing ECM and SUPPOSEDLY re-program it to match your installed components. How they know what's best for every possible combination is beyond me. You have to replace your o2 sensors with wide-band then it's supposed to "learn" it's way to perfection. All this for what, $800? you can get a tuner and a pro tune for that money.

The problem I have with it is that there is no way to make adjustments to, or even look at the map they load in your ECM. That's too much secrecy to me. I like to know what's going on.

It has gotten rave reviews from some people, but then again the nikashit kit they sold did too. I'm not considering it yet. I'd look at the new Power Commander or more preferably, the TTS tuner. I'm going for the TTS on my new bike. I've tuned two bikes using it, and think it's the best.

JMHO

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[
Old 01-06-2011, 11:46 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Daytona Twin Tech III here.

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 01-07-2011, 12:08 AM
Dirty Dirk, Canadian Doof

DAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGlide View Post
They are among those whe are not welcome as sponsors here, along with their toadies.
Understood

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhawg View Post
I know about the nikasil snake oil that produced a slew of problems for people here and elsewhere. The ECM system you speak of is not an ECM system, per se. They take your existing ECM and SUPPOSEDLY re-program it to match your installed components. How they know what's best for every possible combination is beyond me. You have to replace your o2 sensors with wide-band then it's supposed to "learn" it's way to perfection. All this for what, $800? you can get a tuner and a pro tune for that money.

The problem I have with it is that there is no way to make adjustments to, or even look at the map they load in your ECM. That's too much secrecy to me. I like to know what's going on.

It has gotten rave reviews from some people, but then again the nikashit kit they sold did too. I'm not considering it yet. I'd look at the new Power Commander or more preferably, the TTS tuner. I'm going for the TTS on my new bike. I've tuned two bikes using it, and think it's the best.

JMHO
Getting the tune around these parts is the issue... I could always trailer it to Vancouver though....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSurly View Post
Daytona Twin Tech III here.
The TTS and the Daytona III are the leaders from research I've been diving into tonight, Just trying to get around the Dyno thing....

Thanks Guys,

Dirk
Old 01-07-2011, 12:12 AM
Just breakin' balls

71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk
IIRC Mega once told me that all the sponsors on here have proved themselves to him and deserved of there place here.

That's all the endorsement i need.

I wanna live forever...So far so good

Stoney61 is a Demi God

I'm not bald, it's a solar panel for a sex machine!
Old 01-07-2011, 12:24 AM
Double-D

huckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suck
I'm using a Dynojet PC V with an autotune 02 controller. If you wish to tweak yourself, it will allow you to set different air/fuel targets for each cylinder and each gear. I was pretty happy with the initial results and haven't played with any adjustments. a little more here.

Old 01-07-2011, 01:22 AM
The other white meat

Last Cigar Smoked: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial
Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAK47 View Post
Understood

Getting the tune around these parts is the issue... I could always trailer it to Vancouver though....

The TTS and the Daytona III are the leaders from research I've been diving into tonight, Just trying to get around the Dyno thing....

Thanks Guys,

Dirk
With a TTS, you don't need a dyno. Trust me on this. You may leave 2 or 3 HP on the table, but it won't cost you a dime. I tuned a bike then took it to a tuner and he was only able to eek out a couple more horsepower and not much more torque. I have a dyno sheet to prove it too. I have to find it. It really pissed the tuner off because he wanted to discredit the TTS. By the way, the bike ran better with my V-tune than his "pro" tune.

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[
Old 01-07-2011, 01:51 AM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Last Cigar Smoked: Banana pudding after some baby back ribs
jasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Check with FuelMoto, Dynojet just came out with a new tuner, does what the TTS does but in a compact package that you can set in front of you on the bike and tune on the fly rather than making runs and having to download data to a laptop with the TTS software. Looks really interesting, it uses the dynojet wideband tuning package to read the exhaust and interface with the tuner. You can pull over and integrate the data and modify the map in a minute or so, load to the ECM and run again. Also pulls codes and monitors all engine parameters in real time. Priced around $500 plus $250 more for the wideband sensors and controller. I'm looking at one for my bike because the PCIII worries me on long trips and I can take the map from it and create a new program for the ECM and load it. Then the PCIII can go in a drawer. It'll cost me a lot less than buying the TTS and having a new tune done.

Separated at birth? You decide
Old 01-07-2011, 07:37 AM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Using the Twin Tech III w/Autotune along with an iPhone app in place of a dyno, I can tweak to my heart's content. A dyno ain't magic, its just a fancy way to measure but you can record and measure this way for less. Comparison runs are much cheaper, too!

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 01-07-2011, 08:00 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I'm sold on the TTS, but the Powervision looks interesting. With either of them, you can tune to your heart's content without a dyno, assuming that you have the time, patience, and space to do it.

I had the fuel tuned on the BSL about as good as I could get it, but I was having issues with the timing. When Dave dynoed the bike, he got that squared away, and got all the "weird" out of the TBW.

The PV may be just as good, but I don't see any reason to switch.

On Nikasil: it's used extensively in autos (I know Porsche uses it), I think the issue with the 98 kits was RevPerf's QC.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 01-07-2011, 08:04 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by '05Train View Post
I'm sold on the TTS, but the Powervision looks interesting. With either of them, you can tune to your heart's content without a dyno, assuming that you have the time, patience, and space to do it.

I had the fuel tuned on the BSL about as good as I could get it, but I was having issues with the timing. When Dave dynoed the bike, he got that squared away, and got all the "weird" out of the TBW.

The PV may be just as good, but I don't see any reason to switch.

On Nikasil: it's used extensively in autos (I know Porsche uses it), I think the issue with the 98 kits was RevPerf's QC.
Without beating the crap out of this, the aluminum cyl skirt being as thin as it was with no iron liner was proven by the MoCo to be a bad idea (going out of round) long before Rev Perf decided to try it.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.