Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > Veterans
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 11-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Dirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Stories wives don't hear...

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 11-11-2007, 07:06 PM
Jams

I was with the 3/5 -- 3rd Bat 5th Marines Amphibious Brigade for a while at Pendleton and did three or four maneuvers from ships to the beaches of SoCal.
Heck I may have ate chow on your boat....Navy chow was good stuff.

I still have trouble eating chicken after all these years from eating semi raw uncooked chicken in Marine Corps mess halls.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:45 PM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Dirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jams View Post
I was with the 3/5 -- 3rd Bat 5th Marines Amphibious Brigade for a while at Pendleton and did three or four maneuvers from ships to the beaches of SoCal.
Heck I may have ate chow on your boat....Navy chow was good stuff.

I still have trouble eating chicken after all these years from eating semi raw uncooked chicken in Marine Corps mess halls.
I was Lima 3/1

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 11-11-2007, 11:16 PM
Jams

I was with 3/5 before I got orders to Marine Barracks N.A.S. Bermuda and when that was done I finished up with India Company 7th Mar / 1st Mar Div at San Mateo - Camp Pendleton.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:17 PM
Under Construction

Last Cigar Smoked: Robert Burns Blackwatch, in the '70s
TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydan View Post
Stories wives don't hear...
Oh, they hear 'em. BTW, I spent 38 months at Clark AB.
Somewhat dilapidated, yet functional, Kubota L2500
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
'02 Wrangler X, 4" lift on 33 x 12.50s
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140
Felt Nine 50
Killin' more bees than Monsanto
Old 11-12-2007, 12:09 AM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Quote:
I was with 3/5 before I got orders to Marine Barracks N.A.S. Bermuda and when that was done I finished up with India Company 7th Mar / 1st Mar Div at San Mateo - Camp Pendleton.
Barracks duty in Bermuda...man, I bet you hated every minute of that.

I got Marine Barracks NAD McAlester, OK before Camp Horno.

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 11-12-2007, 12:16 AM
Jams

Quote:
Barracks duty in Bermuda...man, I bet you hated every minute of that.
It was fun for about six weeks -- then it became a rock one mile wide at it's widest point and nine miles long and 1971 beer cost a dollar a can off base.

Rode out three brushes with hurricanes and numerous alerts for the "Weathermen" who we were told had picked our base as a target.

We guarded AWACS Russian sub hunters.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:22 AM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Quote:
It was fun for about six weeks -- then it became a rock one mile wide at it's widest point and nine miles long and 1971 beer cost a dollar a can off base.

Rode out three brushes with hurricanes and numerous alerts for the "Weathermen" who we were told had picked our base as a target.

We guarded AWACS Russian sub hunters.
Ever seen the women in McAlester, OK?

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 11-12-2007, 12:57 AM
Jams

Quote:
Ever seen the women in McAlester, OK?
Old 11-17-2007, 03:10 PM
Pruritus Ani

Gazoo has failed to amuse us
Navy 74 to 79. Aircrewman on EA-3 and EP-3E's.

Hated the idiocy of the Navy

Gazoo- President gAZINTa m/c
Old 11-17-2007, 03:27 PM
tiny

Last Cigar Smoked: Fuente Short Story
GPO03Fatboy has failed to amuse us
and Proud of it!

USMC 1977-87
USMCR 87-2000

Semper Fi!

2009 XR1200
Fast Orange
Tweaked a touch

It's ofishul! I'm 43!!
Old 01-13-2008, 06:08 PM
kootiej

U. S. Army: Army Security Agency - 1958, 59, 60, 61

Basic - Fort Ord, California
Code School - Fort Devens, Massachusetts 18wpm S&R
Radio Finger Printing - Fort Devens, Massachusetts
Radio Direction Finding - Fort Devens, Massachusetts
Strategic Operations - 14th USASAFS, Hakata, Japan
TDY - Plain of Jars, Laos - Jamming Operations - ASASOD
Trick Chief - RDF 14th USASAFS - Hakata, Japan

Offered but quit because of 1st wife (dumb **** - stupid me):

Jump School, 101st Airborne
Halo Jump School, Army Security Agency Special Operations Detachment

Dumb Deeds:

Pulled fire alarm at 3AM to get the company officers out of bed.

Failed to re-enlist.

Obtained a truck military driver's license by driving a truck 20 feet in one direction in low gear only. Never drove a truck after that.

If shot at was supposed to hide - I shot back. Don't know if I got the gook or not. He stopped shooting.
-----------

Best Deeds: Unclassified ones

Top Secret - Cryto Clearance

Could send and receive 30 wpm manually. Morse.

Best company rifle range record.

Mean.

Barfed out of a Japanese taxi going 60 MPH. No wounds.

Military photos at www.livelyroots.com under the name of Gerald Lewis Lively.

Caught a spy. Dumb luck!
Old 01-13-2008, 07:50 PM
Double-D

why_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milk
USN 91-99
CV-66 USS America from 92-96
NAS Cecil Field From 96-99

Saw both duty stations to decom.

Was an AT2 when separating. Spnt the last 3 years fixing computers and supporting the network at Cecil. Was a one man show for the 450 computers and base wide network at the end.

Many good times, 2 Med cruises, many ports and a few stories that come to mind every now and then.
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid" - Gen Eisenhower.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:54 PM
kenhorse

[QUOTE=kootiej;248964]U. S. Army: Army Security Agency - 1958, 59, 60, 61

Basic - Fort Ord, California
Code School - Fort Devens, Massachusetts 18wpm S&R
Radio Finger Printing - Fort Devens, Massachusetts
Radio Direction Finding - Fort Devens, Massachusetts
Strategic Operations - 14th USASAFS, Hakata, Japan
TDY - Plain of Jars, Laos - Jamming Operations - ASASOD
plain of jars, we were not even in that country i thought all the people were working for the company --- i know if you tell me you have to kill me
Old 01-14-2008, 12:49 AM
mountainkowboy

USN 76-80 DDG-8 Lynde McCormick OS-2

Re-enlisted for Desert Storm, got put in a holding company. Said that the systems I was trained on were to old and it would cost to much to re-train me. I did get to stand for decomission of DDG-8, funny still had the same Capt. and he remembered me too.