Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Doof Clenas > Highway 43 Rides and Photos
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Highway 43 Rides and Photos Post them here or they get lost...

Old 02-25-2008, 07:26 PM
Swiss Guard

phreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2k king View Post
here's what i get.<snip>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinero No Mas View Post
Mine is in the same language.

What do we do phreak?
That's binary, looks like it tried to open the phile with your web browser.

Do you have Google earth installed?

Right click the link then save the phile to your computer, desktop should be phine. Make sure you save the phile as "Sign Locations.KMZ" WITHOUT an .html extension. Open Google Earth... if it's installed... and then phrom the phile menu chose open. Browse to where you saved the phile and open it.

phrom the sidebar menu on the left side of Google earth, open the "Places" section. You should see a pholder under there named "Sign Locations". Click the box next to it, and you should now have the points in the phile on your map.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:29 PM
Swiss Guard

phreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
California 43 and 7
I'll get it added in!
Old 02-25-2008, 07:42 PM
Natural born delinquent

RKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Here's the MD 43 Shrine
Attached Files
File Type: kmz Maryland 43 Shrine.kmz (729 Bytes, 3 views)

~ Royal Order of Knights d'Catnip ~

E PLURIBUS DOOFUM
Old 02-25-2008, 07:46 PM
Swiss Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKotter View Post
Here's the MD 43 Shrine
Cool! I'll get on it!

This is great, who's next?
Old 02-25-2008, 08:19 PM
Natural born delinquent

RKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
This is fun! Here's another I came across in North Carolina. I pass it to/from Morehead City when I go there to dive. I'll get a picture with my bike as soon as I figure out where to strap on two sets of doubles and a DPV...
Attached Files
File Type: kmz NC43.kmz (710 Bytes, 3 views)

~ Royal Order of Knights d'Catnip ~

E PLURIBUS DOOFUM
Old 02-25-2008, 09:58 PM
Swiss Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKotter View Post
This is fun! Here's another I came across in North Carolina. I pass it to/from Morehead City when I go there to dive. I'll get a picture with my bike as soon as I figure out where to strap on two sets of doubles and a DPV...
All updated!
Old 02-26-2008, 10:22 AM
8-Ball

Okay... I alphabetized the state folders so its easier to find them and added all the locations as of today into the folders.

You can also export an image view which I added to post 1. You have to resize it in a photo program to 800 pixels wide.

Can you post the color settings for the pins so folks can keep the colors the same?

Here is the updated file:
Attached Files
File Type: kmz Sign Locations.kmz (2.9 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by 8-Ball; 02-26-2008 at 11:48 AM.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:20 AM
Swiss Guard

Quote:
Okay... I alphabetized the state folders so its easier to find them and added all the locations as of today into the folders.

You can also export an image view which I added to post 1. You have to resize it in a photo program to 800 pixels wide.

Can you post the color settings for the pins so folks can keep the colors the same?

Here is the updated file:
I'll get back to this this evening. I'll update the "How to" post to include which pins to use phor either a 43 or a 7, and then add those into the phirst post also.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:39 AM
8-Ball

Phread,

In your post #1, I added some instructions for getting the pins to all match and updated the .kmz file with all the color corrected pins and the alphabatized state folders.

Mike

This is going to be great!!!!

Almost forgot... I added the original 43 location in Kansas...
Old 02-26-2008, 12:07 PM
The Cisco Kid

Last Cigar Smoked: Backwoods Mild - Honey Berry
TJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Attached is the Ride To Pride 43 we just got back phrom. The pin indicates the exact location the geocache is stashed and the sign is just a phew feet away.
Attached Files
File Type: kmz South TX 43 Sign and Geocache.kmz (720 Bytes, 2 views)
Old 02-26-2008, 12:18 PM
The Cisco Kid

TJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
North Texas 43

This is where I rode to for my 43. Be sure and look at the notes/properties for the pin for suggestions.
Attached Files
File Type: kmz North TX 43 Sign.kmz (774 Bytes, 2 views)
Old 02-26-2008, 12:22 PM
8-Ball

Interesting, I just found that in Google Earth, you can go to the "Help" menu and select "View In Google Maps".

Takes you to the same location in Google Maps. Then if you right click on the location, it will allow you to navigate there from anywhere and provide the driving directions, time, and mileage...

This is getting cooler!!!
Old 02-26-2008, 12:57 PM
The Cisco Kid

Quote:
Interesting, I just found that in Google Earth, you can go to the "Help" menu and select "View In Google Maps".

Takes you to the same location in Google Maps. Then if you right click on the location, it will allow you to navigate there from anywhere and provide the driving directions, time, and mileage...

This is getting cooler!!!

Yep

Or you can click on the little folded map at the top of page in the menu bar.

Google Earth also has Google Sky (furthest to the right in the menu icons) which flips you around and shows the stars from your location.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:03 PM
8-Ball

Here are three 43s and a 7 for Colorado...
Attached Files
File Type: kmz Colorado.kmz (1.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-26-2008, 02:13 PM
8-Ball

Oklahoma 43
Attached Files
File Type: kmz Oklahoma.kmz (732 Bytes, 0 views)