Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Suspension
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Suspension Shocks, Forks, Front Ends, Stabilizers, etc...

Old 04-09-2008, 07:03 PM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Engine Alignment Tool

Does anyone here have one? It's the tool that bolts to your frame where the swingarm shaft is and holds the shaft that goes thru the tranny square to the frame so you can adjust the turnbuckle adjuster at the front and top. They're pretty expensive, and I'm a cheap bastage! I'll rent it from anyone who would happen to have one...........

Meng

TKWSV

Old 04-09-2008, 08:21 PM
Excommunicated

LittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suck
A link would be nice. I have no idea of what you speak about. I may want to buy one so I can rent it to you and 8-Ball.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:23 PM
GrayRider

After you rent it, can I borrow it? None of the dealers even have them around here.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:47 PM
Under Construction

Last Cigar Smoked: Robert Burns Blackwatch, in the '70s
TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I have sent a couple of emails to George's Garage asking if they intend to make a sub, but apparently he considers it pointless to answer his email. Jims makes one too. There is an alternative method in the manual. Never used either.
Somewhat dilapidated, yet functional, Kubota L2500
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
'02 Wrangler X, 4" lift on 33 x 12.50s
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140
Felt Nine 50
Killin' more bees than Monsanto
Old 04-09-2008, 08:48 PM
GrayRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonChief View Post
I have sent a couple of emails to George's Garage asking if they intend to make a sub, but apparently he considers it pointless to answer his email. Jims makes one too. There is an alternative method in the manual. Never used either.
Haven't tried the alternatives, but the tool would make it easy and quick.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:55 PM
KTWillys

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonChief View Post

Just got done checking out the Jim's web site and didnt find anything listed there for it.....

If you know the part number post it please....

l
Old 04-09-2008, 09:07 PM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
wish to heck I could find it now......... I'll keep looking

Meng

TKWSV

Old 04-09-2008, 09:08 PM
Under Construction

Last Cigar Smoked: Robert Burns Blackwatch, in the '70s
TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTWillys View Post
Just got done checking out the Jim's web site and didnt find anything listed there for it.....

If you know the part number post it please....

l
Jims part #964. These guys appear to be selling it for $117. I don't think that price is correct, though.
Somewhat dilapidated, yet functional, Kubota L2500
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
'02 Wrangler X, 4" lift on 33 x 12.50s
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140
Felt Nine 50
Killin' more bees than Monsanto
Old 04-09-2008, 09:09 PM
Excommunicated

LittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suck
Well, it must be a new fangled tool required for the newer bikes. I just read my shop manual again, and it makes no mention of such a tool. Of course I am dealing with a "99 model here with smaller axles, packable wheel bearing and a completely different rubber bushing and swingarm bushing system than the newer bikes.

Guess I do not need it or maybe they had not figured it out yet on the first year TC88 model??

Still would like to see a picture of said tool so I know what I am missing.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:11 PM
Excommunicated

Okay, Thanks Chief.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:13 PM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Hey LB, it's for "rubber glides" like mine. You're safe!!

Still lookin'

Meng

TKWSV

Old 04-09-2008, 09:17 PM
Excommunicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer-Glide View Post
Hey LB, it's for "rubber glides" like mine. You're safe!!

Still lookin'
I have a "99 EG with the paint shaker motor rocking around in the frame. It is rubber mount.
Now my "93, got no need. Bolted to the frame so you can feel the power.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:19 PM
package shredder

chnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withchnpostal is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
It's here at Dennis Kirk..........for only $588.........
Old 04-09-2008, 09:23 PM
GrayRider

I once asked the service dept. at the big dealer here if they had one. They said no, but they could do it the old fashioned way...with a laser.

When did lasers become old fashioned and a bolt on alignment tool become hi-tech?
Old 04-09-2008, 09:24 PM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by chnpostal View Post
It's here at Dennis Kirk..........for only $588.........
Yea, I've had too many Long Island Ice teas to find it. Any body got one??

Wanna go in on a group purchace??

Meng

TKWSV