Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Engine & Transmission
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2009, 11:30 AM
Pimp Bagger

iggy_montoya can happily embrace the suckiggy_montoya can happily embrace the suckiggy_montoya can happily embrace the suckiggy_montoya can happily embrace the suckiggy_montoya can happily embrace the suckiggy_montoya can happily embrace the suckiggy_montoya can happily embrace the suckiggy_montoya can happily embrace the suckiggy_montoya can happily embrace the suckiggy_montoya can happily embrace the suckiggy_montoya can happily embrace the suck
Vibration question

Yesterday I put on about 560 miles on the old bagger. Some of the miles where done pretty quick...I did not baby it until I heard and felt a weird noise and vibration. At first I thought it was road noise. But as I switched lanes I realized it was not. The engine was running beautifully...but if I thumped the throttle or was going up a steep incline it sounded like the primary chain or the chain was slapping and it made a big vibration....and of course it was at around 10pm so it was not like anything was open or maken it easy to see....today it is sitting at the hotel....but tomorrow I am going to limp it to the job site shop and take a better look....my idea is that the primary is loose, chain is loose or best scenario is that I lost a bolt or two where its mounted at the bottom of the engine to frame....anyone ever have something similar?

Ich bin ein Doofclenas!
Ti amo doof molto
Doof Clenasの規則
"Truth is something you stumble into when you think you're going some place else." - Jerry Garcia

The road to Starbucks is Rubbed with Posers!