Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > Bikers For God
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 01-17-2009, 05:16 PM
Hand Wringer

FinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Elder's Meditation of the Day - January 17
"In our story of Creation, we talk about each one of us having our own path to travel, and our own gift to give and to share. You see, what we say is that the Creator gave us all special gifts; each one of us is special. And each one of us is a special gift to each other because we've got something to share."
--John Peters (Slow Turtle), WAMPANOAG
We are all equally special. We need to focus on what is right for ourselves. As we focus on what is right for ourselves, we will start to see our special gifts. Then we can see how to share our special gifts with others. If we focus on what's wrong with ourselves, we will not be able to see our gifts. Then we will think we have nothing to give others and we become selfish and withdrawn. The more we focus on our good, the more we see the good in others. The more we see the good in others, the more we see the gifts they have to share. What you sees is what you gets!

My Creator, today, let me use the gifts You have given me. Let me use them wisely.

*Sensitive at all times.

Old 02-06-2009, 03:29 PM
Hand Wringer

FinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Elder's Meditation of the Day - February 5
"Let the person I serve express his thanks according to his own bringing up and his sense of humor."
--Charles A. Eastman (Ohiyesa), SANTEE SIOUX
"It is better to give than receive." But it doesn't really matter if we are giving or receiving. There is an identical feeling associated with both. We get this feeling every time we receive. We can't control when we receive gifts but we can control when we give gifts. Therefore, the more we give, the better we feel. When we are given gifts, or someone does something for us, it is the Indian way to honor this person.

Great Spirit, let me honor and be respectful to those who are good to me today.

*Sensitive at all times.

Old 02-06-2009, 04:57 PM
Excommunicated

Fireberry is a rotten little girlFireberry is a rotten little girlFireberry is a rotten little girlFireberry is a rotten little girlFireberry is a rotten little girlFireberry is a rotten little girlFireberry is a rotten little girlFireberry is a rotten little girlFireberry is a rotten little girlFireberry is a rotten little girlFireberry is a rotten little girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalBags View Post
Elder's Meditation of the Day - February 5
"Let the person I serve express his thanks according to his own bringing up and his sense of humor."
--Charles A. Eastman (Ohiyesa), SANTEE SIOUX
"It is better to give than receive." But it doesn't really matter if we are giving or receiving. There is an identical feeling associated with both. We get this feeling every time we receive. We can't control when we receive gifts but we can control when we give gifts. Therefore, the more we give, the better we feel. When we are given gifts, or someone does something for us, it is the Indian way to honor this person.

Great Spirit, let me honor and be respectful to those who are good to me today.

I wish it was that easy for Christians.

" honor and be respectful to those who are good to me today "

The one I respect the most asks for something different.

From the book on Mathew in the 5 chapter and starting at the 32nd reading.

32“If you love those who love you, what thanks do you deserve? Why, even sinners love those who love them. 33If you do good to those who do good to you, what thanks do you deserve? Even sinners do that. 34If you lend to those from whom you expect to get something back, what thanks do you deserve? Even sinners lend to sinners to get back what they lend. 35Rather, love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them, expecting nothing in return. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind even to ungrateful and evil people. 36Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.”

It is tough to do as He ask, but even though I fall so short each day I have to try.

I think of Steven when they told the story of His death in the book or Romans;

Stoned painfully even unto His death, for He spoke the message of God's love through Jesus. Maybe not much different than if one speaks of it today in a muslim country.

His final words?

" Father lay not this sin up against them. "

No, they did not do 'good' unto Him. So in that it is that Spirit I have long to guide me all my life.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:50 PM
Hand Wringer

Nowhere in the quote did it say that this is the only thing we have to do.
There is more. Don't think for one minute than I am not a Christian.
It is better to give than receive. Simple but not always easy.
I never try to preach in this thread. Just try to spread a little spirituality among my brothers.

*Sensitive at all times.

Old 02-06-2009, 06:09 PM
Excommunicated

Fireberry is a rotten little girlFireberry is a rotten little girlFireberry is a rotten little girlFireberry is a rotten little girlFireberry is a rotten little girlFireberry is a rotten little girlFireberry is a rotten little girlFireberry is a rotten little girlFireberry is a rotten little girlFireberry is a rotten little girlFireberry is a rotten little girl
Hmmm - Okay, I don't understand it then. Best I just let this thead pass.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:30 AM
Hand Wringer

Elder's Meditation of the Day - February 14
"Sometimes, life is very simple, but it is we two-leggeds, we who are thought to be smart that make it complicated."
--Larry P. Aitkin, CHIPPEWA
Sometimes it may take years for us to find out what we are really after-it is to be happy. The Elders say, lead a simple life. This doesn't necessarily mean poor, it means simple. There are some things that makes life complicated such as needing control, needing power or being resentful or angry. These things make complications happen. We need to walk in balance in every area of our lives.

God, let me lead a simple life.

*Sensitive at all times.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:33 PM
Hand Wringer

Elder's Meditation of the Day - February 24
"But each of us must find out for himself or herself what their gift is, so that they can use it in their life."
--Jimmy Jackson, OJIBWAY
The old people say, everyone has a song to sing. This song is the reason we are on this earth. When we are doing what we came on this earth to do, we know true happiness. How will we know our song? Pray. Ask the Great Mystery, "What is it you want me to do during my stay on earth?" Ask. He will tell you. He will even help you develop yourself to accomplish His mission.

God, help me find my song and let me sing it.

*Sensitive at all times.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:15 PM
Razor

griffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sock
sound advice !
Old 12-06-2009, 01:26 PM
Hand Wringer

"And that, I guess, is what it all boils down to; do the right thing, everything goes fine; do the wrong thing, everything's a mess."
--Robert Spott, YUROK

*Sensitive at all times.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:58 AM
R.I.P.
just sayin'

racindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withracindude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
how true..........

Help save a life, become a donor marrow.org