Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > The Arsenal
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

The Arsenal Where firearms enthusiasts gather to discuss their passion for things that go bang. Political debate is one floor down and not welcome here.

Old 12-24-2017, 09:10 AM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

Last Cigar Smoked: Man O' War Ruination
SafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Thumbs up

Only had it out once, been super busy....

Ran 61 rounds through it, mostly old corroded ammo that I've had for 30 years.

It ran perfectly, no issues, no hiccups. It seems to shoot a bit left, but that's just a sight adjustment.

Range cost was negligible, I have a family membership, so no fees... and the ammo was like a dollar 95 per 100 when I bought it, todays price, $79.99 for a Remington Bucket of 1,400 rounds. About 5.7 cents per round, and what I spent at the range... $3.48

That is really the main *wink* reason I bought it, very cost effective to shoot, loads of fun

New it came with one 12rd mag... that's all I had on range day, I tried to order more, but found the 12 capacity mags were sold out everywhere, so I ordered two 10's.. I figured if they went short also, at least I'd have them.

Then, while doing some interweb looking, I found a company in Austin TX that makes conversion kits for these mags.... up to 16 capacity, if you don't want it to lock open on last shot. 15 if you do. They come with a more traditional rectangular spring, a shorter follower, and a thin spring retainer. You use your magazine and stock base plate.

They were offering a deal if you bought 5, so I did. Then ordered 2 more magazines so I had them to put together. I now have five 15 rd mags.

The hardest part of doing the magazine conversion is getting the base plate off the stock mags. Apparently hot glue is an important part of the assembly process, and is a PITA to scrape off of everything.

Overall report?

It's a Hoot-n-a-half!! I love this gun!
From my Brother Don... I love his insight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWolf View Post
Postwhores are a dime a dozen.
What's impressive about you is that you are your own pimp.
Kudos!