Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Brakes, Rotors & Calipers
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 07-30-2007, 03:52 PM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Dirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Brembo Brakes...

Work really well.

Just sayin'...

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 07-30-2007, 03:55 PM
2005 HD FLHTi

Kfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
How well do they work?

~"IF YOU CAN'T IMPROVE ON SILENCE, KEEP QUIET" ...couch Lou~

"Getting There Beats Being There"
FLHTi
* 95" by Carl from Boise Cycle
CHECK OUT MY WEBSHOT ALBUMS...

Old 07-30-2007, 03:58 PM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Dirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Real well. No squeal...yet. They have a better feel, require less squeeze effort and have more stopping power. So says I anyway.

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 07-30-2007, 04:02 PM
2005 HD FLHTi

Kfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Exclamation

That's a devilish post count you got there!!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clipboard01.jpg (10.3 KB, 141 views)

~"IF YOU CAN'T IMPROVE ON SILENCE, KEEP QUIET" ...couch Lou~

"Getting There Beats Being There"
FLHTi
* 95" by Carl from Boise Cycle
CHECK OUT MY WEBSHOT ALBUMS...

Old 07-30-2007, 04:05 PM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kfengler View Post
That's a devilish post count you got there!!!

Fixed it...thanks.

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 07-30-2007, 04:13 PM
8-Ball

that was touch and go man...
Old 07-30-2007, 11:03 PM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
What is the diameter of the front rotor?
Old 07-31-2007, 12:16 AM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

I strung a steel tape across it. So with that degree of accuracy it is about 12".

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 07-31-2007, 09:17 AM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydan View Post
I strung a steel tape across it. So with that degree of accuracy it is about 12".
Hmmm, that's a little bit bigger than what has been on them for many years previous (11.5"). Larger diameter equals more efficient stopping power (further away from the hub,... or a longer torque arm, if you will).

I've noticed a lot of sport bikes have 13" rotors. Its a cosmetic/effeciency trade off, though, on a Harley. I don't think you'd see much of a 16" front wheel with a 13" rotor blocking it out.

Sounds like better brakes! Brembo quality is hard to beat.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:44 AM
Excommunicated

LittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suck
Well here you go
http://www.qtmi.com/calipers.html
Old 07-31-2007, 10:44 AM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Interesting... Plus I learned the Lyndall pads I just bought for the old bike won't fit the new bike. Hmmm...sounds like a new thread in the for sale section.

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 03-02-2008, 12:22 PM
D.O.R.K.

rraymond has failed to amuse us
Do the Brembo calipers get rid of the drag sound you get with stock? I feel that I have so much drag it probably affects my gas mileage by at least 20%.

Rick..."Do it On a Road King"
Old 03-02-2008, 12:38 PM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Quote:
Originally Posted by rraymond View Post
Do the Brembo calipers get rid of the drag sound you get with stock? I feel that I have so much drag it probably affects my gas mileage by at least 20%.
I don't notice it.

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 03-02-2008, 12:40 PM
El Errante

Quote:
Originally Posted by rraymond View Post
Raymond, if they are dragging that much, your calipers and perhaps master cylinder may need to be rebuilt, as the pistons may not be retreacting the way they are supposed to. That happened to me. Best way to check is get the bike on a jack to get the front wheel off the ground. At the very least they need to be cleaned regular basis. I do this every 5000 miles. Check the following article for how to do it:

http://www.lyndallracingbrakes.com/service_tech.htm

Lyndall brake pads will stop the drag sound and squeak. Plus, with the Lyndall pads, the amount of brake dust generated is hardly noticeable if it exists at all.

Old 03-02-2008, 02:03 PM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher View Post
I don't think you'd see much of a 16" front wheel with a 13" rotor blocking it out.
1 1/2" to be exact...

jus' sayin'...

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep