Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Seats, Saddles, Pillions, Backrests, Luggage Racks & Paks
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 11-14-2007, 04:26 PM
Just plain Doof

rk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suck
real bikers don't need a seat

Psalm 23:4 and the Second Amendment are enough for me.

If you have issue with anything in this post. You can address this by opening a dos prompt and typing
cd C:/
and then type
format C:

What you looking for?
Old 11-14-2007, 06:43 PM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

Last Cigar Smoked: Man O' War Ruination
SafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyWood View Post
I like my Ultimate Seat!
Des Hockley is great to do business with.
Kinda pricey, but comparable to the equivalent Mustang or Corbin I reckon..
It will move you forward about a little.

I was considering a Corbin, but then starting hearing bad reviews about lead times and customer service, so I passed.

edit < it looks like he still hasn't updated his web site with the new stitch design

Do you have a link??

I like that.
From my Brother Don... I love his insight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWolf View Post
Postwhores are a dime a dozen.
What's impressive about you is that you are your own pimp.
Kudos!

Old 11-14-2007, 07:42 PM
Doof Clenas Member

HarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Here you go

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyMan View Post
Do you have a link??

I like that.
http://ultimateseats.ca/

The owner is Des Hockley.

When I talked to him in August he said that it would be late October before he updated his web site. The prices are right but the pictures are wrong. From what I understand, all of the Harley seats have the new pattern.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:58 PM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

Last Cigar Smoked: Man O' War Ruination
SafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Nice seats....

They better automatically pick your @$$ for that kind of ching though....

I thought $500 was steep from MoCo.

Thanks for the link.
From my Brother Don... I love his insight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWolf View Post
Postwhores are a dime a dozen.
What's impressive about you is that you are your own pimp.
Kudos!

Old 11-14-2007, 11:30 PM
Doof Clenas Member

HarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyMan View Post
Nice seats....

They better automatically pick your @$$ for that kind of ching though....

I thought $500 was steep from MoCo.

Thanks for the link.

yep they are pricey, but they are in the same range as a Corbin with backrest and a little more than the Mustang.

I didn't care for the Mustang, but I really liked the looks of the Corbin dual tour, but got skeered when folks started talking about long wait times and poor service...I tend to be impatient...when I decide to buy, thats when I want it..

Itried the MoCo seat with the backrest, it has the same POS pan as the stock, they just added a backrest.

I've heard good things about the Sundowner.

If the stock seat fits yer butt..and you want a backrest, you could try one of these folks...I've had both, returned one an sold the other.

http://firehousecustoms.com/harleyhsc07.htm
this one will push you forward about 1 1/2", and it kinda crowded the boyz on the skinny part of the seat, they wern't happy so I sent it back.

Here is an inexpensive one
http://protac.net/photogal/newher00.htm
this one worked real well for riding solo, but I didn't like the look and I'm a picky bastage..so I sold it.

You can also consider an Airhawk
http://www.derbycycles.com/cgi-bin/e...ex.cgi?pid=200
I have one in my saddle bag that I sit on if I'm going for more than just a few miles. Zero butt burn and no lower back pain, just doesn't do anything for that long haul when its nice to have the back rest.

i've got 20K on my '06, with lots of different seat configurations, and the Ultimate with backrest coupled with the Airhawk, works for me on the long miles.

folks buy seats for every reason, some actually want to sit on them, others want them to be purdy..

Best of luck in your search.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:23 AM
8-Ball

Whatever you do ultimately... don't go with a MOCO seat... all you have to do is turn it upside down and inspect the pan, quality, etc... then look at your paint if it has been on for awhile...

MOCO seats are expensive and worth about half of what you will pay. You may as well make the dollars return some quality rather than the HD logo... your bike has plenty of those already.

Corbins are stiffer, but they form to your ass over time. I've done 900 in a day on mine... yeah, any seat gets a bit uncomfortable after a long day, but the Corbin allows my fat ass to go further pain free...

I've seen Baalz' fat ass... I'd contact NASA...

I can go from this comfy two up cozy cruiser:

to this bad ass look in a few minutes... only takes a couple minutes for the bike too.:

Last edited by 8-Ball; 11-15-2007 at 01:28 AM.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:38 AM
The Cisco Kid

Last Cigar Smoked: Backwoods Mild - Honey Berry
TJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I posted up in this thread as soon as you posted the question and either I was a doof and did not hit submit, or it was lost in WWW space....

Anyway, I got the Mustang Vintage solo for the Nightster and it was very comfy. Put 350 miles one day on it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM3551_opt.jpg (71.3 KB, 10 views)
Old 11-15-2007, 01:43 AM
The Cisco Kid

Last Cigar Smoked: Backwoods Mild - Honey Berry
TJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by rk custom View Post
real bikers don't need a seat
Now you sound like Gazoo.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:18 AM
Baalz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
I'm calling Bull on this one.. Ms Vicki tells me I have a Guinea Pig ass.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:20 PM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baalz View Post
I'm calling Bull on this one.. Ms Vicki tells me I have a Guinea Pig ass.
Ms Jan tells me that I have 'NO ASS'
not sure what to do with that one

States I've ridden my scoots in:

Old 11-15-2007, 10:21 PM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
Whatever you do ultimately... don't go with a MOCO seat... all you have to do is turn it upside down and inspect the pan, quality, etc... then look at your paint if it has been on for awhile...

MOCO seats are expensive and worth about half of what you will pay. You may as well make the dollars return some quality rather than the HD logo... your bike has plenty of those already.

Corbins are stiffer, but they form to your ass over time. I've done 900 in a day on mine... yeah, any seat gets a bit uncomfortable after a long day, but the Corbin allows my fat ass to go further pain free...

I can go from this comfy two up cozy cruiser:

to this bad ass look in a few minutes... only takes a couple minutes for the bike too.:

so that's the one you just got on ebay ?
(see, I was paying attention)

Old 11-15-2007, 10:22 PM
Buffalo Hump

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxr4mikey View Post
so that's the one you just got on ebay ?
(see, I was paying attention)
LOOKS GOOD, with either saddle ! nice ride !