Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Headers & Exhaust
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 09-22-2007, 11:14 PM
Jams

Screaming Eagles - Will I be sorry?

Dealer told me my right side Kerker is tweaked and needs to be replaced.

The way I understand it is Super Trapp bought Kerker and the Kerker Slip on is almost identical with the Screaming Eagle slip on.

I told him to order a pair of Screaming Eagle touring slip ons and if the one piece ones will not fit on my '04 then order the two piece ones and use my old slash cut tips.

I had Screaming Eagle mufflers on my '98 Wide Glide and after a long day of hard riding my ears would feel like they were bleeding from the noise.

Anybody have any experience with the "touring" Screaming Eagles?

Basic stock Twin Cam motor but I do have the Screaming Eagle / K&N Air filter.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:15 AM
GrayRider

I had them on my Road King for awhile. I didn't think that they were too loud. I'm running Bassani slip ons now. Better sound, more power.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:35 AM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
the Supertrapp SE's are the exact same muffler as the discontinued Screamin' Eagle 2 piece slip-ons...65115-98b

those 1-piece SE's were loud...

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep

Old 09-23-2007, 08:02 AM
Public Doofender

Highmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkvator View Post
the Supertrapp SE's are the exact same muffler as the discontinued Screamin' Eagle 2 piece slip-ons...65115-98b

those 1-piece SE's were loud...
I had the 1-piece SE's on my '04, and I didn't mind the loudness, as much as the sound quality. Very blatty, and annoying to me.

Did you know I liked Bobbers?

Old 09-23-2007, 11:05 AM
Jams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmiles View Post
I had the 1-piece SE's on my '04, and I didn't mind the loudness, as much as the sound quality. Very blatty, and annoying to me.
blatty blatty will not work

My Kerkers had a deep soft throaty rumble which I found to be just right.

I suppose there are some sitting in a warehouse still but locating a pair may take time.
When I bought the tips to replace the fishtails that came on the bike I bought SE tips because the salesman said they were SE slip ons.
It took a big piece of wood and small sledge to persuade them on.
Last spring when I replaced the rear tire I discovered the Kerker stamp on the inboard side of the shell.
So I already have SE tips and looking at the online HD catalog it looks like the one piece ones are for '07-'08 so the older two piece ones will work with the old tips and be the cheapest way to go.

I am hoping that the touring SE's will dump the noise behind me instead of mid frame like on the Dyna.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:45 AM
pairofnines

Jams:

Since I am a GazintA and you have us on your ignore list you probably will not see this but:

I don't think you will be happy with the sound you will get with the SE's> The sound will not come close to what your bike sounded like when I heard it in Colorado if I recall correctly>

Good Luck
Old 09-23-2007, 12:09 PM
not Lady G, but....

route66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
S&S SPOs sound good - low rumble like a big block in a chevelle. Not to loud, they can be even quieter with inserts

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." (Tacitus, Roman historian 55-117 A.D.)

Original 43%er

CAT HERDER GORGE CROSSER SKYLINE

My buddy!
Old 09-23-2007, 04:52 PM
Jams

Quote:
Originally Posted by route66paul View Post
S&S SPOs sound good - low rumble like a big block in a chevelle. Not to loud, they can be even quieter with inserts
I could live with that

Besides we just happened to stop by the dealership after breakfast at IHOP and they already got the "new one piece Screaming Eagle ® slip-ons" mounted up with some new saddle bags and brand new inner fairing.....

What did the zinta say? Probably said something piratey.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:09 PM
pairofnines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jams View Post
I could live with that

Besides we just happened to stop by the dealership after breakfast at IHOP and they already got the "new one piece Screaming Eagle ® slip-ons" mounted up with some new saddle bags and brand new inner fairing.....

What did the zinta say? Probably said something piratey.
Could you hear me if I said:

Glad to hear you are getting you bike back together and hope Diane is doing well?
Old 09-23-2007, 05:22 PM
Jams

Quote:
Originally Posted by pairofnines View Post
Could you hear me if I said:

Glad to hear you are getting you bike back together and hope Diane is doing well?

Why thank you very much "2pairsofnines"
Old 09-23-2007, 05:26 PM
pairofnines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jams View Post
Why thank you very much "2pairsofnines"
Your stuck with at least one GazintA friend whether you like it or not>

Don't throw away the latex gloves --- you will need them to shake my hand should we meet again>
Old 09-23-2007, 05:34 PM
Jams

Quote:
Originally Posted by pairofnines View Post
Your stuck with at least one GazintA friend whether you like it or not>

Don't throw away the latex gloves --- you will need them to shake my hand should we meet again>
What is done is done no take backs now.

Old 09-24-2007, 08:31 PM
D.O.R.K.

rraymond has failed to amuse us
Jams,
Glad to here your back on the bike. I had SE's originally on my Road King and they were pretty darn quiet. They sounded kinda cardboard like to me. Dan (DanielB) had them on his street glide if you remember hearing his bike in Colorado. He has since changed over to Rineharts after hearing 8-balls and Chromers bike. Maybe he got tired of hearing me telling him his bike sounded like cardboard....LOL

Rick..."Do it On a Road King"
Old 09-24-2007, 08:56 PM
Jams

Thanks rraymond , we are not there yet --- but getting close.

Loud is not as important to me anymore so cardboard may work.

I want stock motor reliability with as free flowing intake and exhaust as possible without needing ear plugs while riding in town.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:07 PM
Public Doofender

Highmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milk
Have you considered S&S SPO's ? Very deep and mellow at idle and accellerating. Very quiet at cruise. High volume, so they offer great performance.

The looks are not for everyone, but I actually like them.

Did you know I liked Bobbers?