Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Dyna Discussion
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 10-29-2009, 12:39 PM
Confirmed Luddite

Last Cigar Smoked: Snack Pack Tapioca
Uesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
FXRS-SP Review

Road Test Cycle Guide 1986

There's something missing in the current crop of Japanese cruiservees, something that's slowly but surely vanishing as each new generation hits the streets.

Many of today's city-slick cruisers place a premium on low seat heights and ever more radical seating positions, often at the expense of cornering clearance and long-term comfort. Consequently, as these bikes get more specialized and streetwise, they arguably become better cruisers, but practically drop to their knees at the city limits. What's missing in today's cruiser class is versatility.

Meanwhile, though, Harley-Davidson, the company whose motorcycles play role model to nearly every Japanese cruiservee, offers a cruiser that's as unexpected as seeing Eddie Murphy open for Oral Roberts. That motorcycle is the Low Rider FXRS Sport Edition—now its own discrete model after a successful year as the standard FXRS outfitted with the Optional Performance Sport Suspension. What makes the Sport Edition so unexpected—and what made the suspension package sell well—is the RS's uncommon versatility. Thanks to compliant suspension, a moderate riding position and a motor as agreeable as a Cadillac salesman during a fuel crunch, the FXRS-SE is more comfortable and more versatile than many Japanese vee-twin cruisers. In that Milwaukee-replica context, then, the RS-SE stands out as a shining overachiever...

...What few rough edges the Sport Edition might have, however, simply cannot take away from the wall-to-wall grin the FXRS fosters after only a short time in the saddle. Here is a Harley-Davidson with its seams ironed nearly flat. More important, however, the corporate steam iron accomplished that successful marriage of components using tried-and-true Harley parts; the Sport Edition's difference is how the parts work together.

But there's more to the Sport Edition than its simply being a better Harley. The RS-SE not only represents the archetypal cruiser, it also affords its rider an unprecedented range of uses, and flies in the face of the notion that cruiservees need be narrow-focus, single-purpose motorcycles just to succeed in their own field. Quite simply, the FXRS is a versatile, multi-role player, one that bridges the gap between style and function with a straightforward kind of honesty. The Sport Edition is what every cruiser could be, and an example from which every cruiser manufacturer could stand to learn...

...It's no surprise to us, though; we've liked the FXRS for years. In fact, it's become our yardstick of comparison for other cruiservees, and it's arguably the best motorcycle in Harley's entire line.

All of which makes us wonder why all Harleys aren't this good. We know H-D can make smooth, comfortable bikes with compliant suspensions; we know how good they can be from the FXRS. But until they are, we'll just brace ourselves for the next salvo. Incoming!—Charles Everitt

Source Cycle Guide 1986

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/mod...sport%2086.htm

Old 10-29-2009, 07:31 PM
R.I.P.
you know better...

mongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
grrrrr... I bought too late, it seems.

So long for now RedRider

Nine-mile skid, on a ten-mile ride,
Hot as a pistol but cool inside.
Like I told ya, what I said,
Steal your face right off your head.

1965------2006

Old 10-29-2009, 10:35 PM
Outlaw

Last Cigar Smoked: Camel WIDES
Sidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Very nice bike. too bad Harley is more interested in style than performance now a dayz.

"It's not the dog in the fight, but the fight in the dog." - Michael Vick.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:44 PM
Keeper - Awful Secret

rangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milk
There have been two FXRs of varying vintage for sale around here the past year and a half. I do get tempted...but figure my FXD will do for now. I likes it plenty.

Jay
Old 10-30-2009, 07:42 AM
Confirmed Luddite

Uesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
There's an FXRP that just showed up on craigslist with a sidecar. It's thoroughly trashed or I'd be tempted.

Old 10-30-2009, 07:55 AM
Just breakin' balls

71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk
Got a reveiw of the new 1954 Anniversary Hydraglide per chance lol?

I wanna live forever...So far so good

Stoney61 is a Demi God

I'm not bald, it's a solar panel for a sex machine!
Old 10-30-2009, 11:59 AM
Outlaw

Sidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uesque View Post
There's an FXRP that just showed up on craigslist with a sidecar. It's thoroughly trashed or I'd be tempted.
I got a friend that just sold his FXRP, it was one of the cleanest I've seen in a long time. The RLE sidecars are hard to find.

Old 10-30-2009, 12:27 PM
Confirmed Luddite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidecar Doug View Post
I got a friend that just sold his FXRP, it was one of the cleanest I've seen in a long time. The RLE sidecars are hard to find.

He wouldn't split off the sidecar and honestly it would have needed body work in addition to paint. I have no desire to try to sell a basket case FXRP just to get a sidecar that I have to put a boatload of money into. Maybe just a nice Velorex...

Old 10-31-2009, 01:12 PM
Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uesque View Post
He wouldn't split off the sidecar and honestly it would have needed body work in addition to paint. I have no desire to try to sell a basket case FXRP just to get a sidecar that I have to put a boatload of money into. Maybe just a nice Velorex...
I searched that craigslist add. Looked pretty trashed from the pics, I didn't see anything worth saving on that bike.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:46 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Someday when I have the space and the money (and the time), I want an FXR.

Great looking bikes. I wanted to steal Mikey's at Vukfest.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)